PDA

View Full Version : i want to mix not let the injector????

honda_man_300ex
04-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Hey guys i want to premix my gas for less smoke and the injector box is busted up so can i just plug that hole up on the tube till i get a block off kit and what ratio to any of you run?(by the way this is a blaster)

oynot400
04-16-2003, 12:58 AM
Someone offers a block off kit for the blaster. I know my buddy got one for his boy's blaster. I want to say Nac's has them, but give C&D a call. :D

honda_man_300ex
04-16-2003, 01:11 AM
i know about the block of plates cause ronnies mail order has one too for like 30 bucks and it have the plate, gasket and instrustions. i want to know what ratio i can use and if i could just remove the oil taank and plug that line till i got a kit.

thanks though. some people are stuck up about it and think everyone should just know.

MIKE400EX
04-16-2003, 01:36 AM
32:1 with a good 2 stroke semi or full synthetic oil works great. I believe the injector pump is designed to run at about 25:1, which is probably overkill considering todays better oils. You'll probably have to go up 2 sizes or so on the main jet. At least that's what works in my sons Blaster. Don't forget to cap the port on the carb that the oil injector line went to.

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 01:37 AM
You have hot to pull the side cover off for the pump and remove the plastic gear. Then just plug the hole in the case with silicone. Then remove all the lines and the tank. Mix you gas at 32:1. You don't need the block off if you do it this way. The block off is so you can take the whole pump off. save yourself $30 and do it this way.

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by MIKE400EX
. Don't forget to cap the port on the carb that the oil injector line went to.

Chanman420q
04-16-2003, 10:22 AM
just get the trenga kit. And that was one of my first motor modifications and i never rejetted for mine

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
just get the trenga kit. And that was one of my first motor modifications and i never rejetted for mine

Why you don't need it. You can get rid of the injector and it wont cost a dime.

Chanman420q
04-16-2003, 12:43 PM
i feel safer knowing that i did it right and not doing a half *** job just to save a few bucks

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
i feel safer knowing that i did it right and not doing a half *** job just to save a few bucks

How is it a half *** job:huh ? The only thing the block off is is a plate that covers the hole where the pump goes.

Leo
04-16-2003, 01:19 PM
take the pump off, take the gear off the pump, put the pump back on, plug the carb, done.

do not run the motor with the pump simply disconnected.. it'll run dry and sieze, and you risk it throwing broken pieces into the motor not good..

WHEN YOU PREMIX THE FUEL YOU HAVE TO REJET...

you wind up running lean, and the more oil you add to the gas the leaner the engine becomes..

think of it this way.. the main jet allows x amount of liquid through.. if you go from 100% gas to 95% gas, 5% oil, you just leaned the motor out by 5%..

I've seen as many 2-strokes that were cooked by people adding TO MUCH oil to the mix as those that had to little oil.

Leo

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 01:21 PM
Leo you don't have to take the pump off to get the gear off.

Leo
04-16-2003, 01:22 PM
oh.. btw.. unless your replacing the carb with aftermarket that doesn't have the injector port for the oil, why on earth would you want to do this?

Leo

Leo
04-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Leo you don't have to take the pump off to get the gear off.

seems to me I took the pump off, instead of taking the whole side cover off (you just need to take the little plastic cover off the pump)..

this saves dealing with the sidecover gasket, etc..

I could be wrong this is 8-10 years ago.. memory is a bit fuzzy that far back.

Leo

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-16-2003, 01:36 PM
You must take the sidecover off to remove the gear...

honda_man_300ex
04-16-2003, 01:39 PM
I would take the pump off because of the fact that if it fails that it will blow the motor and if you mix you got a more reliable mixture. I have some buddys that bought 2001 and 2000 blasters a few years ago and just a weekend they blew up. both. they had bad gas or the injectors went.

nakomis0
04-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Ya I would say your pretty nuts to spend $30 on something you could just do yourself for under $2.

Just like the guy above me said, you wanna do that mod to reduce the chance of pump failure. That gear is also plastic which could easily strip out or wear.

If I remember correctly when I did mine I used some colored hose 'end caps' or something like that. (to block the holes or something?) I cant remember exactly where they went, but they where blue and looked cool. :)

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Leo when I did mine I took the whole side case off and removed the plastic gear. the I put silocone in the hole of the case. then removed all the hoses and tank. I also plugged the port in the carb.

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by honda_man_300ex
I would take the pump off because of the fact that if it fails that it will blow the motor and if you mix you got a more reliable mixture. I have some buddys that bought 2001 and 2000 blasters a few years ago and just a weekend they blew up. both. they had bad gas or the injectors went.

You don't have to take the pump off. when you remove the gear the pump stops working. It's not hurting anything just sitting there.

Leo
04-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by honda_man_300ex

More reliable/accurate mix? I'll have to disagree with that.

The automatic injection pump meters the oil based on engine RPM, you can't get more accurate than that.. That's why it's the system of choice on sleds, boats, etc.. That and it's much easier than mixing up premix.

The trick is to use the correct oil, keep the dirt out of the tank, and take the lines apart once a year or so to clean them out (to prevent plugging). It's a good idea to inspect the lines once and a while to make sure they aren't rubbing on anything.

The Blaster may not be the prettiest quad out there, but if you keep the oil tank full, clean gas in it, and the air filter clean they'll run forever. I bet I put 10,000 miles on mine back in the early 90's.

If I had a heavily (and by heavily I mean 240 kit, hi-comp, aftermarket carb, etc..) blaster than I'd dump the pump, but I'd never get rid of it on a stock, or close to stock motor.

I guess you do have to pull the sidecover off, been a long time since I had to dink around with one (thank god).

Leo

Interesting side note; I got one of the FIRST blasters sold in the US.. Picked it up, rode it around for about 8 hours.. no compression, wouldn't start.. Turns out when the built the quad the NEVER put the gear on the oil pump. DOH! I couldn't believe how far it went on straight gas, lol..

Yamaha replaced THE WHOLE QUAD! Yup, the dealer gave me another BRAND NEW one.. couldn't believe it.. Not bad for a machine that was $2600 out the door with a helmet, LOL

honda_man_300ex
04-17-2003, 01:31 AM
I agree with you lee that it is acturate but that the fact that it could fail and the places and the way i ride the injector box is busted. that is neat with your bike and you would think that it would be their fult lol. gtg bye

Craig Foster