PDA

View Full Version : Head Shaving Question For '03 Yz 125

cannibal480
04-15-2003, 03:42 PM
i have a '03 yz 125 and its got a pro circuit works pipe and shorty silencer and a very mild porting (basically the sharp razor blade edges were just chamfered off) It has tons of top end power but i want to shave the head and get a little more low end to mid range out of it. How much should i shave off of the head? I have never shaved the head of a 125 before and need a little input. thanks

holeshot19
04-15-2003, 04:17 PM
most of those 125s only have one ring and wont take a lot of compresson put the stock pipe back on or try to play with the gearing. if you want botom end power get a yz 250f

airheadedduner
04-16-2003, 04:46 AM
Having th head re-chambered and re-squished will produce way better results then just shaveing it. Call up any decent shop and they should be able to do it for a nominal fee:p

Pro400EXC
04-16-2003, 07:09 AM
The YZ usually has pretty good bottom end, especially with the shorty silencer and Pro Circuit Pipe,

also liek that dude said aboutt he stock pipe, NO the stock pipe will not give yah bottom, the Pro Circuit pipe is mainly a bottom-mid pipe....

Try maybe v-froce reed valves,and a bottom end porting, or you can go the cheapest way and just ( Change Gearing!)

cannibal480
04-16-2003, 07:36 AM
my bro has a '03 yz 125 and has the stock pipe and has way more bottom end. Obviously the pipe on mine increased top end slightly and totally lost most of my bottom end, just starting to figure that the pipe and silencer was a total waste of money, i do like the sound though, guess i'll just have to go a couple teeth bigger on the rear sprocket