PDA

View Full Version : 250x jetting

kooshdaddy
04-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Alright i just got done rebuilding my 87 250x motor. It is .020 over witha wiseco piston 12:1 compression. It has a new stock cam and all new valves. I put an fmf Megamax 2 on it and the air box lid has 10- 1/4 inch holes drilled in it, with a uni filter inside. I just started it tonight just to see if it was going to run and it sounded great, but it was idling way to high. I dont know what main jet i have in it, but i was wondering if any of you would have a suggestion for the setup i am running. Any helpo would be appreciated.

kooshdaddy
04-15-2003, 03:06 PM
picture so far

kooshdaddy
04-16-2003, 01:07 AM
ttt

kooshdaddy
04-18-2003, 02:44 PM
please anyone

Guy400
04-18-2003, 02:53 PM
If it starts and it runs, leave it alone! Turn the idle down to a normal speed and go ride it. Go 4th gear WFO and then hit the killswitch. Pull the plug and take a look at it then jet accordingly.

300exazzkikr
04-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
If it starts and it runs, leave it alone! Turn the idle down to a normal speed and go ride it. Go 4th gear WFO and then hit the killswitch. Pull the plug and take a look at it then jet accordingly.

exactly!!

kooshdaddy
04-19-2003, 07:47 AM
obviously it wasnt the idle screw guys i am not that dumb, I was trying to get some jetting recomendations. When i tried to lower the idle it didnt do a damn thing, telling me that it is something with the jetting. So if anyone can tell me what they are running would be appreciated.

TheX1992
04-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by kooshdaddy
obviously it wasnt the idle screw guys i am not that dumb, I was trying to get some jetting recomendations. When i tried to lower the idle it didnt do a damn thing, telling me that it is something with the jetting. So if anyone can tell me what they are running would be appreciated.

your right dude thats not the answer. i have the EXACT same problem (exact same rebuild too except port n polish and stock pipe). mine idles high too and the idle screw wont do a darn thing to it. MY plug is charcoal white. we are running a bit lean. thats what i figured out so far. when u try and ride it too is it real doggy and wont run right?