PDA

View Full Version : good shock?

lil400exman
04-15-2003, 01:38 PM
hello all. As you all know i am doing a major rebuild. I am looking for shocks now. I am going to buy a whle set(3). What do you reccomend? Alot of people say elkas but they say theyre overpriced. People say they like pep's but the wait is horrible and they fade fast.People say works shocks with the de risi conversionis the best.People say axis are the best but they made shotty. Again people say tcs are good but they leak bad (everyone at the track here says this that run them). What do you all like? i am a lighter guy (150 lbs). I am going to do xc with a little mx (overall) shock. I am on plus+1 arms. i am on a stock framed 250r. What do you think works the best? I want to keep the price for the shocks (front and rear) under 1,500 dollars. All the brands i listed are good for me.

CUZ'n
04-15-2003, 01:54 PM
monro eazyrider are da best

lil400exman
04-15-2003, 03:00 PM
all i can say is:confused2 really people i need help!

Dave400ex
04-15-2003, 04:05 PM
I haven't heard of either the problems with PEP or TCS. Down fall for PEP is the wait. TCS can't think of many bad things. Axis=Top notch product. Elka's are also very good and are priced right there with the Axis. To get the best of both worlds you could get Elka's and have Derisi set them up once he gets a Elka valve done...