PDA

View Full Version : i know what your gonna think....

sportraxrider10
04-15-2003, 01:31 PM
well its another jetting question. i have searched but haven't found anything to my problem. i have a 2001 300ex and my only engine mods are a k&n power kit, and a FMF Power Core 4. my jets are screwed up. everytime i try to give it alot of gas it stalls out or even shuts off. my pipe is really blue all the way to the silencer. i need to find out so i can change it and it does screw it up more. any idea's of what to do will be appreciated.:o

wilkin250r
04-15-2003, 01:36 PM
wow, the two seem to be contradictory. A blue pipe usually means heating up, which is caused by a lean condition. However, if your quad is lean, it usually runs like a raped ape, until the piston seizes. If it bogs down or dies, it's usually rich. I'm not sure what to make of the two together...

sportraxrider10
04-16-2003, 08:28 AM
ttt

04-16-2003, 08:39 AM
ow, the two seem to be contradictory. A blue pipe usually means heating up, which is caused by a lean condition. However, if your quad is lean, it usually runs like a raped ape, until the piston seizes. If it bogs down or dies, it's usually rich. I'm not sure what to make of the two together...

Well it could be rich on one circuit and lean in another.

Try to work on one circuit and jet change at a time so you dont get confused.

You could be lean on the needle and rich on the main (or at least thats a guess with the info you gave) but you need to make sure by checking each jet.

Does it pop or backfire at all and id so at what throttle position etc.

sportraxrider10
04-16-2003, 09:51 AM
i would mess around with the jets and stuff but i have no clue about that. it doesn't backfire at all.

300exTJjeeper
04-16-2003, 10:31 AM
I can give you a starting point, I have pretty much the same mods as you do. I live in So Cal so it might be a little different for you but go with this. I have a 03 300ex with a T-4 Slip on and a unit filter with holes in the lid.
This is what I run
40 pilot
3rd groove
128 main
3 turns out

GO with this and this should be good Mine runs a little rich with this set up though, I might turn in the screw in about 1-4 next time I take it apart, though

Good luck

hon265mxer
04-17-2003, 02:10 PM
id say go back to stock and see how ur spark plug looks then