PDA

View Full Version : Last night We got a Phone call....

CowsBitePeople
04-15-2003, 01:18 PM
It was my uncles wife....She was out shopping for the day and when she came home My uncle had Shot himself in the head :( I Never thought this would ever happen to my family or anything....He had bad cancer and he was going in for kimo This week but he was terrafied of the pain from that and the pain from his pain killers not working or something....He left a note but we dont know what it said because the police wont tell us :( And noe we cant get in toutch with my aunt....I cant believe this :( He was my moms and my other aunts brother and my grandpa(his dad)lives here with us....He has cancer too but its actually going away from drinking this tea stuff....Well sorry for postin this i just need to get it out....

MaTT....

QuAdRaCeR244
04-15-2003, 01:21 PM
oh **** i'm sorry man:(

Narly R
04-15-2003, 01:23 PM
man thats not cool at ALL!!!!! I cant belive that the cops wont let yall see what the note said and you cant talk to you aunt!? Thats not good!!!! Is everyone else ok? Tell them good luck to them and good luck to ya to bro!;) Im really sorry to hear about that!!!:(

blondie69
04-15-2003, 01:26 PM
omg!! i am soo sorry matt!!! *hug*

QuadTrix6
04-15-2003, 01:27 PM
sorry to hear that man, don't worry im sure it will all be ok..:( stay strong

04-15-2003, 01:27 PM
:( :(

Ryan
04-15-2003, 01:28 PM
Im really sorry to hear that Matt. I hope your family is dealing with it well :( .

sweet300ex
04-15-2003, 01:44 PM
sorry to hear matt:(

Nausty
04-15-2003, 01:46 PM
man, sorry to hear about the news. I dunno what to say:(

400exInMI
04-15-2003, 01:49 PM
same thing happened to me, but my cousin was the one who found his own dad. Your uncle is in a much better place. May God be with you and your family....

Brad
04-15-2003, 02:06 PM
im so sorry to hear that, loved ones arent a good thing to lose and i encourage your endevor to let it out. hes in a better place now and watcing over you. again sorry to hear that.

:(

Chanman420q
04-15-2003, 02:24 PM
my uncle bobby did that, he got some tumer from pesticide spray. He was only 24 when he did it. My grandma was at the stoor, my grandfather who passed away aug. 4th 2002 ( RIP ) was at work. And everyone else was at school, my aunt paula and my grandma came home to my uncle dead on the ground, shot himself in the head.... i never got to meet him...

Robert
Gray
Chandler III

May 16, 1951 - April 2, 1975

Honda4trax250x
04-15-2003, 02:25 PM
sorry dude that really sucks

QuAdRaCeR244
04-15-2003, 02:29 PM
yeah it does suck. i am very sorry. God Bless! i go to a Catholic school, i will tell everyone to pray for you and your family tommarow

04-15-2003, 02:42 PM
it sucks losing a family member matt. my heart goes out to u and your family

hessianmx111
04-15-2003, 03:06 PM
im so sorry to hear about this man. i dont know what to tell you other than be there for your family, and to be strong just try to remember he is in a better place now. im so sorry

CHAUNCY
04-15-2003, 03:07 PM
I'll pray for you and your family

04-15-2003, 03:08 PM
My moms friend's husband did that :( But respect his decision to do it, he's in a better place now, he's lookin' over u :) I dont pray but Ill do it this time :macho

CowsBitePeople
04-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Thank you all sooooooooooooooooo much....You all made me feel alot better now so thank you all for your support....I Greatly appriciate it....

MaTT....

GOMER007
04-15-2003, 03:29 PM
I'll pray for you and your fam! hopefuly he is in a better place now :(

SGA
04-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Im sorry to hear about that. Its tough I know. Let us know if we can do anything.

04-15-2003, 03:53 PM
that sucks i can kinda understand tho , sorry to hear

Glow Plug
04-15-2003, 03:59 PM
i'm really sorry well that i'm all i have to say, i'm not to great with words :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Moded86R
04-15-2003, 04:09 PM
I am sorry to hear this.My father did the same thing last december 19th.

I am not sure how close your uncle and you where.I am sorry to hear this.People say the pain goes away.I will tell you one thing it has been 4 months since it happened.And I almost cried about it today.My mom still cries everyday.

All you can do is be there for your family.And don't be afraid to talk about it.One of my best freinds father died sept 12th of last year and we have talked about it.It really helps to get it out.

If you need someone to talk to you can e-mail me at

sc86350camaro@cs.com.Or if you have IM instant message me sc86350camaro.We can talk about whatever.

Narly R
04-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Hey Modded86r, i feel for ya man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( Good luck too you and your mom!!!!!!!!!!! Ill pray for you!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Cows I hope you feel better, have you got to talk to your aunt yet??? Good luck to ya man!!!!! I hate to see exriders hafe to go threw this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!:( :(

toby400ex
04-15-2003, 04:33 PM
thats no good, sorry to hear it man:(

-=Skot=-
04-15-2003, 04:52 PM
sorry to hear bro

RIDER11X
04-15-2003, 06:07 PM
I've lost two family members to cancer, and I can definitly sympathise with you and your family. Glad you could get it out here, because as you see many people do care and are more than willing to listen, including myself. Just remember, The loved ones you lose wouldn't want you to stop what you do because they passed on. Do something positive and call up your ridin buddies and go for a ride in rememberance of them and to enjoy the short time that we all have on this earth.
Feel free to PM me if you need to talk, God Bless!

QuadJunkies
04-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Im am so sorry to hear of you and your families loss.:( I know how you feel, my uncle did the same thing ..Its very hard on the family.. Let me know if you need to talk.... God Bless....

Ben
04-15-2003, 11:18 PM
:( I'm very sorry to hear about your loss :( :(

BaD_250ex
04-16-2003, 01:17 AM
My dad shot himself in the head the day after my B-Day last year. It sucked so much @$$, I never cry, and I cried for days it seemed like. He did it cause he had really bad finacial problems,( I live with my step dad and mom). Then this year my uncle did it cause my aunt just got up and left him with the kids. It suck when you lose someone so close to u. Stay STRONG Matt...and keep it real.

DESDAK4
04-16-2003, 01:29 AM
Man, I feel for you and your family. My family called me last night to tell me my great grandmother had just died. It is just so hard to loose anybody in your family. Just stay strong and I will pray for you and your loved ones.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

04-16-2003, 01:38 AM

bradley300
04-16-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
Thank you all sooooooooooooooooo much....You all made me feel alot better now so thank you all for your support....I Greatly appriciate it....

MaTT....

just remeber to pm us if you need somebody to talk to!;) we will all try to help as much as we can. sorry about your loss.-brad

zoom400ex
04-16-2003, 05:22 AM
sorry to hear it man:( its never good to a family when someone dies.................keep your head up, it will all get better

Pro400EXC
04-16-2003, 07:00 AM
I am sorry to hear this and all bro,

But do we really have to hear about all these family member's die'in and stuff, i mean its one thing if he was a troop or whatever,but if my family memeber dies i'll keep it to myself and all,not go use forum space for people to feel bad for ema nd all,i eman yes he died,but we don't need CNN all over it....

QuadJunkies
04-16-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC

But do we really have to hear about all these family member's die'in and stuff, i mean its one thing if he was a troop or whatever,but if my family memeber dies i'll keep it to myself and all,not go use forum space for people to feel bad for ema nd all,i eman yes he died,but we don't need CNN all over it.... :eek: :huh :eek2: ....... As far as Im concerned, we are all family and if he needs a shoulder Im here for him...thats why we have an open forum

Moded86R
04-16-2003, 07:10 AM

But do we really have to hear about all these family member's die'in and stuff, i mean its one thing if he was a troop or whatever,but if my family memeber dies i'll keep it to myself and all,not go use forum space for people to feel bad for ema nd all,i eman yes he died,but we don't need CNN all over it....

Whenever someone dies close to you.You need some support.even the strongest people do.

And remember that whenevwer one of those troops dies.They are also someone's dad,brother,mom,sister,some relation to someone.So just remember that.

Pro400EXC
04-16-2003, 07:16 AM
Sry Guys,i have just never been one to go tell the world about family problems...

Imean NBC doesn't need to know my cat died or me and mom's got in a fight...

Plus if anyone of my family memeber's died,i'd prolly not let it make me depressed and all,cause i am not that kinda person, just live life,i eman we all die sometime..

QuadJunkies
04-16-2003, 07:23 AM
Sry Guys,i have just never been one to go tell the world about family problems...

Imean NBC doesn't need to know my cat died or me and mom's got in a fight...

Plus if anyone of my family memeber's died,i'd prolly not let it make me depressed and all,cause i am not that kinda person, just live life,i eman we all die sometime.. you have obviously never lost a close family member have you?:huh everyone handles emotions differently, doesnt make a person bad, but trust me, when my Son passed away, I thought I was gonna die inside...you dont look at it that way" we akk die someday"... well we all know that I think,but it still hurts...;)

SGA
04-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Yes, this thread is depressing, but it is a reminder to all of us. If you take your own life, it really hurts the ones you leave behind. You leave so many unanswered questions. The people will wonder, "Is it something i caused, Could i have stopped this"? This will be with them for the rest of their life.
Things will get better, and there are ways to make things better. Taking your own life is not the answer. Talking to someone will help you to realize you are not thinking clearly, and realize there are other options to your problems. If anyone has these thoughts, please go talk to someone, anybody. A friend, a priest, your dog or cat, just talk to someone.
Sometimes i talk to my little dog. Not drawn out stuff, just things like" Well, radar, what are we gonna do about this? and "Well, I guess we'd better get off our butts and get this fixed".
Radars always there for me, just to lend a ear I guess. :D

Moded86R
04-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
you have obviously never lost a close family member have you?:huh everyone handles emotions differently, doesnt make a person bad, but trust me, when my Son passed away, I thought I was gonna die inside...you dont look at it that way" we akk die someday"... well we all know that I think,but it still hurts...;)

Well said QJ.

And yes I agree.Whenever a sherriff wakes you up and tells you your dad just shot himself.Remember this is your dad.One of your best freinds,your mentor,Someone you love and care greatly for.Just took his life.You will never see him again,never talk.I am 17.I am still a kid.I am at the point where I need some guidance.Your father has been through this already and is there to help you.You take that away and guess what your lost.

I am sorry for ranting but your reply just hit a nerve with me.You seem as if you have no regard for other people's feelings.

SGA
04-16-2003, 07:54 AM
Heres a pic of radar i took yesterday. dozing in the sun. Soon as I took the pic, Radar got up and demanded lunch.
Yeah, i'm drifting off the thread subject again, like always:p

QuadJunkies
04-16-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Yes, this thread is depressing, but it is a reminder to all of us. If you take your own life, it really hurts the ones you leave behind. You leave so many unanswered questions. The people will wonder, "Is it something i caused, Could i have stopped this"? This will be with them for the rest of their life.
Things will get better, and there are ways to make things better. Taking your own life is not the answer. Talking to someone will help you to realize you are not thinking clearly, and realize there are other options to your problems. If anyone has these thoughts, please go talk to someone, anybody. A friend, a priest, your dog or cat, just talk to someone.
Sometimes i talk to my little dog. Not drawn out stuff, just things like" Well, radar, what are we gonna do about this? and "Well, I guess we'd better get off our butts and get this fixed".
Radars always there for me, just to lend a ear I guess. :D your so right about eveything you said.its very hard on the family and all the "what ifs" It leaves no closure for family for sure... Talking is sooo important and like you said, no matter who it is someone who is a good listener and open minded..

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 08:24 AM
Hey Pro400EXC look under my name!

HoNdAdude48
04-16-2003, 11:44 AM
hey man dont feel bad, stay strong, i went through the same thing almost, my best friends dad got shot not to long ago, all over a rent house, there both in a much better place now, no more pain, no more cancer, just pray to god and all will work out well in the end. ill keep u in my prayers man!:( - steven

JD400exrider
04-16-2003, 01:12 PM
I am sorry to here about your loss matt. Stay tough and help your aunt and the other family members through this hard time.
God Bless

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 01:14 PM

400exrules
04-16-2003, 01:41 PM
im sorry man :( i kinda know how you feel cuz about 1 or 2 years ago my uncle jumped off a bridge into a river. i didnt really know him that well because he was a distant uncle but still, it felt terrible to think that someone in my family had done that because i always remember seeing him at the family reunions but hes not there any more.

born-to-race
04-16-2003, 02:44 PM
You and your family will be in my prayers

:( :( :(

BaD_250ex
04-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Im never one to pray at all, but when somone dies, I always pray for them. Since my dad shot himself, I used to pray to him, trying to talk to him and ask him why the hell he did that. It made me so mad, yet so sad.

If any of you need a shoulder to cry on, mines extra absorbent

RIDER11X
04-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
you have obviously never lost a close family member have you?:huh everyone handles emotions differently, doesnt make a person bad, but trust me, when my Son passed away, I thought I was gonna die inside...you dont look at it that way" we akk die someday"... well we all know that I think,but it still hurts...;)
Well said Quadjunkies! Nobody is forced to read or reply to this thread, and if we can help someone feel just a little better during such a tradgedy then why not? If this thread is not someone's cup of tea, they can ignore it and just move on the the next thread.
No flame intended pro400. JMO