PDA

View Full Version : Mustang (cant believe i am considering this but oh well gotta have fun sometime)

yellowrider
04-14-2003, 11:18 PM
i found something that has been wrecked but confused if its any good or not....

its a 2001 mustang gt 4.6 leather interior um has pearl white paint, cobra rims, or daltin or something like that but...

the other night he said he would take 95000 for it but now he said he would charge me 100 dollars to fix the bumper up front, and going to charge me to put the dang on air bag chip in and also the motor like chip..(that turns off the engine light)

not to mention it needs one new rim ... it slighty damage but totally driveable and its in despressed need in two back tires....

i dont know i think the guy is trying to pull a fast one.. i dont believe any wreck mustang is going to be worth 11,000 after i fix everyting... the stuff he is already supposed to fix, he has been driving it a year. it only has 22,000 miles on it... but it has some odds and ends that i think i might want to stay away from ... i believe i can go get a none wrecked one for about the same prive if i looked hard enough

blondie69
04-14-2003, 11:51 PM
95000? did u mean 9500? lol

cuz i was gonna say......1 of my ex's used to have a 2001 mustand. It was yellow, black leather enterior, convirdible, and a whole bunch of other stuff and no chance an 18 yr old could afford a 95000 car:eek2: lol

Glow Plug
04-15-2003, 02:47 AM
you could also just go to a body shop and ask how much it would cost how to fix the bumper and stuff like that, so is it drivable? or is it a wreaked car????

PDunes300ex
04-15-2003, 07:20 AM
I don't know how much used mustangs go for in your neck of the woods but here in the west they are a dime a dozen so you could get a used GT with less than 50k miles for less than $10k. Just a word to the wise...don't ever buy a car that has been wrecked...you have no idea what hidden problems there could be in the future.

jmo

sly400ex
04-15-2003, 08:21 AM
Get a carfax report done, make sure it does not have any frame damage and lastly.....Get a Camaro!!!:D J/P;)

yellowrider
04-15-2003, 04:00 PM
i am sorry ... that it took so long we went to go look at it today .... and they wouldnt home but we checked it out,,,

here the deal its been wrecked last year sometime and they guy i am buying it from fixed it up for him...

year or so later i come around and make fun of it and told him mustangs are like buttholes and everyone has one... he like ok .... later on that night we went cruising .... and he got on it and i feel in love witth a MISTAKE (mustang:D )

everyone seems to like it besides my gf and mom .....

but it has all the goodies about the only thing it doesnt have is sunroof or the drop top ..

anyhow it is 9500 dollars for 21 thousand miles , wit leather interior 6 disc changer mach 1 stereo system , all the goodies and has pearl white paint ,,,, yes the car is diveable his wife has been driving it ....

do you all think i should buy used or wrecked?? i thought it was a good deal on a 4,6 and its also 5 speed.....

what are your experience with mustangs ... would you hope on it or would you let it go .?

it rides good but i havent driving it yet still ... all replys would be greatly appreiciated ... if i spelled that right oh well .. just give me your 2 cents .... but try not to bash ford ... i just want the truth... about the mustang ... anyhow c ya

i am off spring break and cant stay up as late ..

sportraxkid
04-15-2003, 05:08 PM
my mom has a 2001 mustang but its a v6.my dad bought here 67 mustang convertable that had a 390 and a 4-speed trans. But she was scared and sold it.my brother gots a 90 mustang 5.0 that was a cop car.He can smoke everyone around here.its pretty crazy but its got 265,000 thousand miles on it but it has been rebuild.Its a pretty good deal i would say post some pics.

yellowrider
04-15-2003, 11:14 PM
can anyone tell me how they did in 2001 how did they compare to the competition??

if i did buy this car for 95 hundred as it sits and put 1100 tires on there do u think i will get my money back?

cudaman
04-16-2003, 12:56 PM
why would you want a MUSTANG!! YUCK!! only mustang i would own is a saleen

yellowrider
04-16-2003, 11:39 PM
bro you are way over you head any 4.6 will probably blow your doors off

anyhow i am not getting the mustang insurance was going to be 500 dolllars for mom AND she never had a speeding ticket so anyhow i am back to a truck

BIG
04-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Hey man if i were you i'd keep that car cause mustangs are pretty good for fords
:cool: