PDA

View Full Version : Greasing project

Alberta EX
04-14-2003, 05:19 PM
I just greased the swingarm bolt and I have this forum to thank for it, now I am wondering what is next? I spray the front A arms with silicone spray and have greased the rubber gromet at the top of the steering stem. Is there something else I need to grease before the summer season.?

300exTJjeeper
04-15-2003, 07:52 AM
when you sprayed the bushing with silcone. what type did you use. Thinking about doing it to mine.

AtvMxRider
04-15-2003, 08:13 AM
You should also grease the linkage for the rear shock.

Sportrax10
04-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Alberta EX
I just greased the swingarm bolt and I have this forum to thank for it, now I am wondering what is next? I spray the front A arms with silicone spray and have greased the rubber gromet at the top of the steering stem. Is there something else I need to grease before the summer season.?
What stuff did you use for the swingarm bolt?

Rip_Tear
04-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Tranny Oil change? Air Filter cleaning and oiling? Carrier greasing? A-arm bushing greasing? Shock bushing greasing? Check the valves?

Thats all I can think of. I am at the last part of mine, grease the carrier, and rear shock bearing...

Alberta EX
04-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 300exTJjeeper
when you sprayed the bushing with silcone. what type did you use. Thinking about doing it to mine.

I held a rag behind the bushing and sprayed it with Amsoil silicone spray, it seems to have worked so far.

Alberta EX
04-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
What stuff did you use for the swingarm bolt?

I used anti-sieze compound, I think it was called "Nikal" it is good for high temperatures and high pressures as well as repel water

04-15-2003, 11:27 PM
where are u guys greasing the rear shock? In the bottom hole?:confused:

Also grease the rear brake pedal:D

RideRed400StYlE
04-17-2003, 11:48 AM
if you put a little set screw in one end of the swingarm pivot bolt, and a grease fitting in the other you can drill a small hole in the middle of the bolt and you have yourself an easy way to grease it. no more seizing problems..

AtvMxRider
04-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
where are u guys greasing the rear shock? In the bottom hole?:confused:

Also grease the rear brake pedal:D

Pull the bolts out of the bottom of the shock and the linkage. There are metal sleeves in there. take them out and grease them.