PDA

View Full Version : Osgood Slatters Disease

QuAdRaCeR244
04-14-2003, 03:45 PM
How many of you have or have had it? If you don't know what it is, it's a disease you get in your knee and it makes a big bump below your knee. The said it would go away on me and if it didn't it wouldn't hurt me. Just the lightest tap hurts mine.:ermm: here are some pics of it on my left knee

QuAdRaCeR244
04-14-2003, 03:46 PM

QuAdRaCeR244
04-14-2003, 03:47 PM

04-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Some one in my grade had it.. When he got annoying if you kicked him in the knee he would fall down and cry.. i never did it but i heard about it:rolleyes: :p :p :p :devil

04-14-2003, 03:49 PM
i got fluid on my knee once it sucked so bad, id be standing there and could feel it flow down and hit my knee it burned so bad, if i got hit there ud hear @##$@#%$$#%$^%$&^* it sucks i dont know if that anything like what u have

QuAdRaCeR244
04-14-2003, 03:49 PM
lol good one. i don't cry when it gets hit. i just sit there a minute and then go get the guy who kicked me:devil

cabex
04-14-2003, 03:53 PM
yeah i had that,

it sucked! god i hated it. this one time i was walkin along and i got hit in the knee just a little and i fell over. god that really hurt!

BUT it went away. it is caused by you growing really fast. i grew like 4 or 5 inchs that summer, i even had stretch marks on my back:D

04-14-2003, 03:57 PM
ohh i think my freind had that from ridding bicycles too much

QuAdRaCeR244
04-14-2003, 03:57 PM
i grow really fast:ermm: but mine won't go away.:( my mom wants to call a different doctor to just saw it off:devil

04-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
i grow really fast:ermm: but mine won't go away.:( my mom wants to call a different doctor to just saw it off:devil

i would just saw it off your self... or just sand it down alot.. it wont hurt a bit.;) :D

cabex
04-14-2003, 04:04 PM
dude how old are you?

04-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by cabex
dude how old are you?

who would you be talking to?

cabex
04-14-2003, 04:08 PM
i am talking to QuAdRaCeR244 i just wanted to know if he is still growing, because usually it goes away once you have slowed down growing

04-14-2003, 04:08 PM
gross

04-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
gross

lmao:p

lil400exman
04-14-2003, 04:19 PM
another l8 night thread....................................:blah

TheX1992
04-14-2003, 04:19 PM
mine was caused by sittin on my *** then doin alot of stuff real quick like bikin or running and stuff....it was when the muscles stretched then went back together they formed into a bump. i also grew alot that summer. i got a weird donut brace to put on it. didnt really help. just take ibuprofen, its an antiinflamitory pill, it worked wonders

Juggalo
04-14-2003, 04:51 PM
i used to have it.. IT SUCKED!!! it hurt so bad. took forever to heal cuz i would just keep on punishing my knee every day (jumpin my old LT lol). i remember it would almost be ok and then i would jack it on somethin and screw it up again. its better now but i still have to be careful with it cuz i am still paranoid of hitting it lol. i still have that damn lump from it too. if you never got this then consider yourself lucky cuz its ultra painful. i remember walkin around school with a limp all day and people thought i was fakin it but i wasn't cuz it sucked.

04-14-2003, 05:00 PM
omg i ahve that, ti sucks soooo bad, i will be walking around my garage and there was a bucket sitting in the middle of my barn one day, i hit it with my knee(go figure its exactly the same height as were the bump was) i fell over on it and the soapy water spileld out, i had just washed a car, it huts so bad, ive had it for a few years and its not gettin any better!:mad:

P.S you must be realy flexible to get that first pic cuz i struggled to get a good pic of mine

MILF_HUNTER
04-14-2003, 05:25 PM
hey i got it too. im 20 now. its goin away slowley. alot of people on my dads side have it. i feel ya though hurts like a sun beach

SGA
04-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Ive always had that, them bumps on my knees. Now i'm told, I have a disease!
rhymin and stealin:p

killed300ex
04-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Yes they do go away when i wsa like 10-12 i had them it definitly does hurt like h#ll when they get hit but know its gone away and you could hit it and not even feel it. Takes a couple of years but the pain will go away. The bump may still be around but at least it dont hurt anymore.
killed

blondie69
04-15-2003, 12:02 AM
OOOooooooh, can I touch it!?:eek2: not really....lol

But my brother had that I think....unless his knees just naturally look that way, lol
But I'm glad to say I've never had that

yes.....sandpaper it off....it will only hurt for a sec:devil haha, jp

As soon as I saw that pic, I got that kids game "operation" song stuck in my head....is it water in the knee? opertation! i'm the doctor for u! lol.....sorry:p

SpeedBump
04-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Whelp, I am 35yrs old. I had that back when I was bout 15. I grew 8 inches in one summer. Messed up my knee real bad. I still have the bump from it. Still hurts too. I don't notice it much, but it gets sore sometimes. (Cold weather seems to bother it mostly) If I hit it on something.....(like the tank, or handlebars.... :eek2: ) It really makes me yelp! I feel for ya bud. Good luck with it, and the only advice I could give, don't let it get smacked.

XANDADA
04-15-2003, 01:44 AM
I had Osgood's in both knees, but the left was worse. It started at about 7th grade and continued through college until I finally had to have orthoscopy because my left patella split in two and I had bone fragment all over the place in my joint. Talk about pain:eek2: ! Ahh the demerol was my friend. Going into the surgery the doctor said I would not be able to play sports anymore and may not be able to even run again. Good news, if I take it somewhat easy I still go skiing, run, riding, etc. Now they call what I have osteochondritis. I can tell when the weather is going to change a day or two before it actually does. My knees feel like someone took a sledge hammer to them. When I go riding the whoops really kill me and so does flat landings. A day of hard riding and I can't move for two...but it's worth it! I have some sweet x-rays & pictures of the broken patella, I'll have to try and scan them and post.

QuAdRaCeR244
04-15-2003, 03:58 AM
i can't wait to see the x -rays:cool:

04-15-2003, 05:18 AM
i can't wait to see the x -rays:cool:

:eek:

darrell43031
04-15-2003, 05:29 AM
well i don't have any disease or anyhting like that but i was broke down hard by a kx 125 just last month i'm still off work and after 5 hours of surgery demerol was deffinetly my friend i'll post some pics of the aftermath after surgery and my x-rays i now can add 30 staples to my list and 3 screws

darrell43031
04-15-2003, 05:30 AM
and here's one of my x-rays

darrell43031
04-15-2003, 05:31 AM
and here's the other

darrell43031
04-15-2003, 05:35 AM
lesson learned stay the **ck off of dirt bikes and stay on 4 wheels 2 minutes of fun cost me 3 months i can't go back to work till june 15 and hopefully i'll be able to go back to riding again. the surgen said it was the worst knee he's seen in atleast 5 years. but he expects me to make a full recovery and be able to do what ever i want but he said it'll never be the same. and it won't fully heal for 1 year but i can do moderate stuff after june 15

god i hate dirt bikes:mad: if it would of been a honda i wouldn't be to mad but i was hurt by a damn kaw! i feel so ashamed

QuadTrix6
04-15-2003, 09:23 AM
i had fluid on my knee and they wanted to drain it with a needle that looked like a straw :eek2: needless to say i haulled my gimping ***** outta there and thank god the antibiotics helped it go away :scary:

zoom400ex
04-15-2003, 09:40 AM
ya osgood schlatters disease is caused by growing to fast. i believe the bones grow to fast for the muscles and ligaments causing them to hurt and form those bumps. they thought i had that disease but i had another one instead...............the top of my femer bone was growing and externally rotating out of my hip socket. now i have a screw in each one of my hips that is about
4 1/2-5 inches long.............growing fast blows.:(

JTRtrx250r
04-15-2003, 09:53 AM
it'll get better,I had the same on both knees from 14 yrs of soccer,10 yrs of bmx,and 15 yrs playin double bass on the kit and riding mx bikes and atvs since I was 5....Im 32 now,I still have problems every now and then but it eases as you get older,;)

kc 300EX
04-15-2003, 10:29 AM
I have it........ my Dr said its from the ligatures pulling cjips of bone up, and then cartilage filling in the spaces.......thats what the X-rays looked like too

Mine doesnt really hurt me anymore at all, Im only 16, my bump is big too

ROGERS
04-15-2003, 10:57 AM
I had that too. About 10 years ago I believe. Sucked for a couple of years but after that it quit hurting. My knees still look weird though.:ermm:

Tommy 17
04-15-2003, 11:10 AM
i have that!!!

i also have a tumor in my right leg just below my knee...

i also shattered my left leg in a dirt bike accident... shattered my left femur...

i tore my acl in my right knee also in track...

wow mx is hard on the knees haha

Bean
04-15-2003, 01:35 PM
i havnt got none of that crap, but i broke my colar bone, cheek bone, eye socket, and another part of my jaw, lol, now once in a while, my jaw will get stuck open, lol, cause it never grew back tottally correct my face sunk in about an inch on the left side from that hit i took, and it does get sore in cold weather, AND listen to the docs if you break your colar bone, movin around makes it grow wrong, which i moved and it grew weird, looks cool though

rhandw69
04-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Ive had that since I was about 13 years old. Im now 32, and dont even think about it until i hear the word.

optikid123
04-15-2003, 02:23 PM
man i got that too my bump is huge ill try to get a pic of it. ive had it since i was about 11 and im 15 now everone i taled to said it would go away so hopefully it will soon. cause if i get hit right i just fall over. no matter how hard i try its like my leg stops working

SGA
04-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Bean
AND listen to the docs if you break your colar bone, movin around makes it grow wrong, which i moved and it grew weird, looks cool though
LMAO!:D

XANDADA
04-17-2003, 01:14 AM
Here's a picture of inside my knee during surgery. You can see all the rough edges and pieces in there, it's supposed to be smooth:

zmoe400ex
04-17-2003, 04:19 AM
talkin about knees i got a problem i got to have sugery on may 2. torn cartilage somthin about a maniscus it hurts though. my first surgery. its going to be a scope job so i will be able to walk in like 3 days after so im not that worried. just nervous:ermm:

QuAdRaCeR244
04-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by zmoe400ex
talkin about knees i got a problem i got to have sugery on may 2. torn cartilage somthin about a maniscus it hurts though. my first surgery. its going to be a scope job so i will be able to walk in like 3 days after so im not that worried. just nervous:ermm:

i would be nervous too:ermm:

mickale
04-09-2006, 02:46 PM
When I was going through school I had osgood's in my left knee and it kept me out of games (physical education) for almost 2 years. Which totally blew because 1) I loved cricket, 5-aside football etc, 2) they made me do cookery which also blew. :(

After leaving school I took on building work and eventually settled into roofing work. I also did Judo and Karate. Now I am almost 40 years old and my left knee feels like it has been under a jack-hammer; if I sit down and leave my leg stretched out for any length of time it starts to hurt real bad, but even worse, if I leave it bent it becomes so painful it gets truly unbearable.

If you are unlucky enough to get osgood's early on in your teens, try and choose a career that is knee friendly.

kdub33
04-09-2006, 02:58 PM
yea i had knee probs in both of em. i have huge knots on my knees too. it started my 7th grade year and continued until about the mid of my soph year. i asked a sports trainer what would help make it better, and he told me to stretch my hamstrings. he said my hams were so tight that the tendon that is affected my this disease works EXTRA hard to overcome the tightness in my hams. i started stretching my hams every morning and every night for about 2 mths. im at the end of my junior year, I haven't had a single problem since.

Honda400exrox
04-09-2006, 03:10 PM
How many of you have or have had it? If you don't know what it is, it's a disease you get in your knee and it makes a big bump below your knee. The said it would go away on me and if it didn't it wouldn't hurt me. Just the lightest tap hurts mine.:ermm: here are some pics of it on my left knee

I got that, but it doesnt hurt when something hits it

quads14589
04-09-2006, 04:10 PM
i had that one my knee after football after 1 week it went away but mine wasent that big.

nathan-white 2
09-01-2006, 04:36 AM
my knee is like that but i cant bend it that far. when i was at school a ball hit my right knee and it just spazed .i cryed for about 10 minutes.i feel lik putting a needle in there and sucking it all out i wouldnt like to imagen what coloure it would be. like puss out of a spot.

nathan-white 2
09-01-2006, 04:38 AM
i wouldnt be nevouse i would be petrafied

321racer
09-01-2006, 05:10 AM
my knee kinda looks like that
i dunno if i have it or not
it doesnt hurt at all though

stalefish_132
09-01-2006, 09:50 AM
i have the same thing on my left knee, had it since grade 7 and i'm now going into grade 11:huh all the doctors told me was that it will go away when i quit growing. for the first year or so it felt like getting hit with a hammer when being taped lightly, now the thing is hard as bone and its only slightly more painfull that gettign hit with the other knee.:ermm:

stalefish_132
09-01-2006, 09:58 AM
picture of the unit:huh