PDA

View Full Version : Finaly purchased an R

marksuttonjr
04-14-2003, 02:25 PM
I'm picking up the R that I perchased on Ebay in the morning. I have ridden several R's, but never owned, or maintained one. What are some of the differences I should expect with maintanance? Here is a link to the auction I won if you want to take a look at the bike.cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...21414&rd=1
Also how hard is it to fix the clutch basket rattel that he says it has?

newjacksm
04-14-2003, 02:28 PM
link dont work.. full link

marksuttonjr
04-15-2003, 01:17 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34284&item=2410821414&rd=1

I copied and pasted to get this link just like I did the other one and for some reason it is different so I hope this one works. I'm leaving to pick up the R in about an hour. I can't wait to get it home.

Glow Plug
04-15-2003, 02:52 AM
man that is a sweet looking bike :D :D :D

cody anderson
04-15-2003, 05:59 AM
make sure the swingarm dosen't rub on the cases, gusset the frame right away,

wilkin250r
04-15-2003, 06:18 AM
If you're doing any clutch work at all, get the 89 clutch upgrade.

marksuttonjr
04-16-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
If you're doing any clutch work at all, get the 89 clutch upgrade.

I'll keep that in mind when I try to fix the basket ratteling, but that will probably be a while because it doesn't rattel as bad as most of the R's that I have looked at in my search for a sport bike.

The first thing that I'm going to fix is the carb it isn't jetted rite or something because there is a "dead spot" just under 1/2 throttel. I already bent the grab bar because of the "dead spot", and will be replacing it with a 6 pack rack soon after I get the jetting rite. I just can't keep the front end on the ground when it comes out of the "dead spot" and kicks into the power band. I also need to get a coolant recovery tank and some lights because it doesn't have them.

It will take a little getting used to this quad after riding utility quads and trikes for most of my riding since I was 8 years old.

Glow Plug
Thanks....I thaught that Full Bore plastic made it look prety sweet also.

Cody Anderson
I checked the swingarm. It doesn't rub, but it is close ( only about 1/4" clearance at it's closest point). Also I will fully Gusset, but it will probably be a project for this winter. I just can't bring myself to ruining that fresh powdercoat until it gets scratched up little, and I can only find 1 scratch on it rite now (I made it wit the hook on one of mt ratchet straps when I tied it down in my trailer).

XANDADA
04-16-2003, 06:16 AM
congrats!

TheChknhwk
04-16-2003, 06:25 AM
Nice looking bike dude, the fullbore plastics look great.

Hawk