PDA

View Full Version : Fullbore or Maier???

Foxrage
12-21-2001, 05:48 PM
I can get fullbore and a Nacs seat cover for 520 dollars. I couls get Maier with nacs graphics seat cover case saver reserver gaurd nacs hub caps and new front tires for about the same price. What does everyone think i should do. I think right now where i ride would tare up the fullbore so just get maier. maier is good enough for around here but what is your guys opinions. Just tell me what you would do for ridin mx and trails.

Chef
12-21-2001, 10:08 PM
If you have the money, get the fullbore plastic and nacs seat cover. In about a month and a half, your maier plastic will look worse than it already does. the rear fenders will sag, and its just plain dull. As long as the trails arent very tight with lots of brush scraping against the plastic, the fullbore will be alright. But when you get on the bike, try not to swing your feet over the rear fenders, just step straight over the middle.

400MXer
12-21-2001, 10:56 PM
Yeah, money permitting, get the full bore. can't deny that it looks awsome. your quad would look sweet with it.

but on the other hand, you can get twice as much stuff if you got the maier plastic.

Choices Choices....:square

trx400ex
12-22-2001, 03:16 PM
:( i just broke my rear fender today, it had alot of mud on it and we were jumping and it just snaped through.

i think i am going with maier EVERYONE here pretty much says it sucks, most of them dont have any half of them prolly never seen any.....plastic isnt going to win or loose a race.;)

what color are you going with, i think im going to try black or white or maybeee red?

Foxrage
12-22-2001, 03:32 PM
I am going with th blue so i can put nacs graphics on them.

Clay
12-22-2001, 04:51 PM
I have the Zest Orange Maier Plastic, with a Blue Duncan Racing Graphics kit. I like it alot.

Mity Mo
12-22-2001, 05:31 PM
hey post a pic of the zest orange bike. i want to see how that looks. Please!!!!:rolleyes:

Dave400ex
12-22-2001, 05:37 PM
My brother has the Maier dark blue plastic on his R with the Nac`s graphics and seat cover. It looks sweet. The plastic has a little shine to it.

12-22-2001, 07:37 PM
i had maier on my 426es and i have it on my new r and i like it ... never had any sagging problems...(lol kinda sounded funny) ... and had a bunch of mud races with out any problems.... call me different but i'd get the maier and all the other stuff i think you'll be happier... i've never seen fullbore in person though so i can't tell you not to buy it..anyhow good lukc and either way you go i'm sure you'll be happy...toby

PhilMoore
12-28-2001, 08:42 PM
Have you checked on the price of stock plastics? Go to www.servicehonda.com and take a look. Stock is cheaper than Maier, and it looks better.

FullBore is nice, but not worth the $$$, unless you just like to brag about how much you spent on your plastics. To be honest, if I spent that much on fenders, I would be death afraid to ride!

400exRacerX
12-28-2001, 08:51 PM
Maier plastics sag like a champ, I would just go buy some stock plastics for half the price of maier's.

Tommy 17
12-29-2001, 08:38 AM
nacs can u post a pic of that blue nacs 400 u always show a pic of the one thats ur avatar i want that pic so i can see what i have to buy here in the summer.... i am gonna make min just like that...

Foxrage
12-29-2001, 09:41 AM
Ya im tryin to make mine simmilar too just not laeger a-arms i want houser and some other little things to make it look about the same. I love this bike it is on huevos 4.

trx400ex
12-29-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by 400ex21
nacs can u post a pic of that blue nacs 400 u always show a pic of the one thats ur avatar i want that pic so i can see what i have to buy here in the summer.... i am gonna make min just like that...

you got your work cut out for you;)

how hard does your engine pull compared to when it was stock?is it alot more powerful?

Tommy 17
12-29-2001, 02:31 PM
no i ain't gonna do it all just the plastic graphics and alittle bit of other things that it has but i wanna see the pic of it first...

the motor i have pulls very hard in the mid its great... i love this and i can't wait to buy a pipe now the big question which pipe...

Dave400ex
12-29-2001, 02:53 PM
Get the TC Racing Pipe. I love mine. It added all kinds of torque. It is the best sounding four stroke pipe I`ve ever heard.

LilGuyOn400ex
12-30-2001, 10:59 PM
white bro eseries is the way to go!!!:D