PDA

View Full Version : major front brake problem

Trickster78
04-14-2003, 01:43 PM
hey guys, need your help. I put a brand new set of pads on my 300 a couple of months ago on the rear. Well last weekend i bought a set for the for the front and there like 27.00 bones a set. Anyways just like the back , once i got the old pads off i collapsed the piston on the caliper on both sides then cracked the bleeder open to relieve the pressure, got the new pads on both rotors and put everything back together then i bled the whole system. Well after two days of fighting with not getting any pressure to build up i put it in the shop so i wouldnt tear up what was already broke. My question is what do you guys think would cause the pistons not to push back out and grab the new pads! I dont know what i did wrong but i had to taqke it to the shop anyways, when i rolled it back in feb i had a few front end pieces to replace. If anyway can help tell me where i went wrong let me know

ridered86
04-14-2003, 02:46 PM
if you cracked the bleeder than you may have gotten an air bubble in the system, bleed your brakes (get all the air out) and you will have no probs.

Trickster78
04-14-2003, 04:55 PM
will do man, ty, got a few other things gettin done so its in the shop for a few days, heres a few pics of our last ride:devil