PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose an axle.

cheetah
04-14-2003, 01:35 PM
I need help on choosing an axle for MX. Is Durablue any good? I heard they suck, but I like their concept on the eliminator axle that can be stock width and extended out to +4(unless I misunderstood the description). I do mostly trail riding and will be heading to the track. I can only afford to keep up one bike right now and I'm wanting something that can be fairly easy in switching between trail and track. Does such a setup exist? I thought this sounded like the perfect axle for me, but then I heard Durablue is no good. Does anyone else have a concept like them? Thanks for the help guys.

Team Outlaw #34
04-14-2003, 01:40 PM
I have a Lonestar Axcalibar axle and it works great....it can adjust from 4 inches to 2 inches (one on each side) and it is super strong....and if you bend one send it to them and they will bend it back or they will give you a new one depending on how bad it is....

I also ride trails and race and the +2 works really good....

Yeah i don't know.......i've heard a lot of bad things about durablue but i don't know....i heard that they have a warranty but you can only get one for free and then after that you have to pay extra money or somethin....

Oh yeah and i got mine on ebay (Brand new) for 295$....

Hope this helps....

ridered86
04-14-2003, 01:47 PM
duracrap for me, but no prob so far...knock on wood.

if you got the bucks go with the rpm or lonestar

4TraxRider
04-14-2003, 02:14 PM
I had 2 durablues, snapped them both, and when I tried to get the warranty on one of them, they said teh warranty is only for if they bend, and I must have been doing something out of the scope of use of the axle, so I advise to stay away from them. I just bent my lonestar for the first time last week, and that has a lot of hours on it, and I think I might get another.

MX_Racer_20
04-14-2003, 03:17 PM
i would go with rpm. they have the best warrenty out of the 3. the axle i have in my raptor can be adjusted to +2, +3, +4, or +5.

OutlawEX
04-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by ridered86
duracrap for me, but no prob so far...knock on wood.

if you got the bucks go with the rpm or lonestar

wilkin250r
04-15-2003, 06:11 AM
MANY threads have been done on this subject. The general consensus seems to be that RPM makes the best axle, with Lonestar coming in a very close second. I have a Lonestar Axcaliber, and couldn't be more pleased, I'd recommend it to anybody. I got mine for $315 shipped to my door.

250rmike
04-15-2003, 06:19 AM
rpm all the way