PDA

View Full Version : Why I ride

12-21-2001, 05:42 PM
Lately I have been really down.This I girl I like ALOT likes my freind.My R is apart and it is going to be about 2500 to build the motor the way I want to.All my pay checks have been going straight to my parents to pay fro school tuiton and car insurance.I haven't rode for about a 3 weeks before tonight.

So I ask my dad if I can ride the 300ex and of course he says no.Then he thinks about it and says alright just check the woodstove.So I do and put the razr's on back and holeshots off my R on front.I had to go buy some gas and tighten the chain etc etc.

So I finnally take off and head straight for my favorite jump.It is a tandem dump truck load of sand that is dug out really steep on one side.And a clear landing area.So I go hit it and really fly.Man I am starting to feel better.I go into a big feild.Probably 8 acres wide by 15 acres long.It is a really BIG feild.So I pull it up on a wheelie and start bangin gears and get her in 5th and just keep riding.What a feeling man.I almost forgot what it felt like.I Jump the jump and ride wheelie's for about an hour.Then I go play around on a dam by a lake and some more sand piles I am making a berm in.

Needless to say I feeling so much better.I can't wait for tommorow so I can do it again!I love riding 4-wheelers.

86 trx250r
97 300ex

RideRed04
12-21-2001, 09:52 PM
glad to hear you can find some happines now!

Chef
12-21-2001, 10:19 PM
I rode up my driveway and back the other day..its about a 1/4 mile. I remembered why I am so happy when i get to climb aboard my quad. I shifted to 5th gear, pinned the throttle and the front tires came up about 6 inches until i hit the rev limiter...aww the good times! :square

DEAL
12-23-2001, 04:05 PM
I love getting up on a warm summer morning .. walking out to the garage filling up the tank and leaving not knowing where i'm gonna end up.

kid300ex
01-06-2002, 01:04 PM
I havent riden since June! I bent my axle and finally got it fixed yesterday. I love riding so much... I really really missed the feeling of grabin gears and feeling the tourqe!

angelon400ex
01-06-2002, 01:39 PM
I ride because it makes me feel alive and helped me to realize who I really am. It took me back to the great outdoors I grew up with that helped me survive growing up. I ride because I love the sensation of racing down trails at speeds that make me breathe a prayer of thanks that I survived another day's thrill. I love the thrill of jumping and floating suspended for those seconds when quad becomes plane :D I love the art in motion when carving between trees and conquering whoops (like I did last weekend down at Wamba Cycle trail near Charleston SC----over 100 miles of whoops in 2 days). I have met great people in this sport and experienced more thrills and adventure in a month of riding than I ever dreamed I would experience in a lifetime. I love trail riding with my friends but I will be lending a lot of my riding time to racing this year ahead!

01-06-2002, 03:01 PM
I love the felling that I'm on top of the world.

01-29-2002, 03:25 PM
i love the feeling of flying down my favorite trail and punching the throttle and doing monster 4th gear power wheelies..nuthin beats that when theres no school and endless summer days when your not working to just ride........

01TRX300EX
01-29-2002, 05:25 PM
I agree with you guys. Whenever I am down, I just hop on the 300 and go riding, its the cure for everything. You know except like the flu or something, then you get worse. lol. But just being out there riding its just so peaceful, its just hard to explain the calmness I get riding in the trails, jumping a couple of little hills. So I guess if there is one thing we all agree on its that we all love to ride.

JabberJaw
01-29-2002, 06:46 PM
I do that very same thing with my wife!

wyndzer
01-29-2002, 07:01 PM
Jabber I know what you mean, I love riding your wife too!! OPPS!
I mean I love to go ride four wheelers with my wife.

Mitch400EX
01-29-2002, 08:54 PM
Riding has been my favorite thing in the world ever since that momentous day when my dad got two bayou 220s and I swung a leg over one of em and rode up and down the street in 20 degree weather. That was 4 years ago.

Now, I love the feeling of ripping down trails as fast as possible, getting the rhythm of each trail so I can find new ways to go faster. Doing the same thing on the MX track and occasionally hitting nerf bars with fellow riders is a joy also. Most of all, I like getting air. The anticipation as you head toward the takeoff ramp and gas it, shifting it into third gear as your focus is the ramp, everything else is a blur. You stand, hit the takeoff ramp and just fly... hitting the brake in mid air and finessing the bike to a nice landing. There is nothing better in the world. There are some other things that are fun but at the end of the day riding is what its all about.

Warrioreater400ex
01-29-2002, 09:54 PM
heres my favorite feeling..... getting up late on a warm summer morning, eating breakfast puttin my boots on and walking out into the garage, filling her up with gas and pulling out of the garage KNOWING that i have nothing to do the rest of the day except RIDE........

01-31-2002, 06:25 PM
blastereater, i couldnt agree with you more, i can certainly relate to doing that in the summer. whenever im on my quad, it seems like nuthin else matters, and not knowing exactly where your machine may take u on that day makes it all the more enjoyable.

02-02-2002, 10:49 PM
MY R has been apart for A WHILE now and I am just going crazy not being able to ride. All I want to do is work on the thing now, just the other day I was sitting here in my new house and I got so bored I rode my bicycle 6 miles to my other house to work on my 250R, it was 25 degrees! It's so boring without riding.....I don't want do anything anymore just think of riding. But dang it's gonna be atleast another month before I can ride again.:grr :mad:

angelon400ex
02-02-2002, 11:12 PM
My deepest sympathies! I am breaking a record with this being my second weekend in a row with no riding. That will soon be changing! I am fully booked the next three weekends. I would ride every day if I could. I would do this for a living if someone would pay me. I hope your sickness is soon healed by an awesome ride!

400exdad
02-03-2002, 08:03 AM
Whenever we ride we have to load up all the gear and drive about 45 minutes to get to any riding area. Being a Dad, I can sometimes be a real... well you know, I get stressed out trying to get all the gear and not forget anything. Especially the keys!:D So, we finally get there, unload, get geared up and head out. BTW, I apologize on the way to the trails. In about 10 mins, we are in the groove and all the other problems and stresses in the world just go away. We stop often to talk about "things" and how this jump, hill or slide we just did was so cool.

I always wanted to do this as a kid, I wish my dad had done this with me. Our relationship would have been better. Now, if Matt will just have someplace to take his kid to ride in another 20 years!:)

Live2Ride300
02-15-2002, 05:42 PM
Riding is the best thing that ever happened to me, I am speechless of how much i love riding, I get tingly feelings just thinking about it, the joy of riding, gettin up in the morning gearin and gassin up, heading out to the pits with the boys for some play racing and to find the next biggest hill or next biggest jump, trying to push ourselves to the limit. It seems as if your slow motion flying through the air off a jump, banging 5th gear before the bottom of a hill and launchin off the top of it, you forget about everything, nothing in the world matters except the next turn ahead of you........

RideRed04
02-15-2002, 05:49 PM
I think this belongs in the best of fourm (hey, it kinda works for faq...why do you ride?)

Live2Ride300
02-16-2002, 03:14 PM
ya man

tumbler440Ex
02-19-2002, 02:00 PM
i have to agree with all of you guys riding is the bes thing in the world my bike is now out of commision blowin motor from the macanic didnt put it together right but once i had it liek 45 mins from me cdi box went so it was at my macanic i wanted to go ride so bad that when i got the box no truck no firends were home so my sister drove me down witrh the box and my ridin gear we got it goin he goes how u goin to get it home i go driver he goes u have to cross 2 main brigges without a trial half the way i go giver!! i started out the feeling of it open up after each gear popin the tires up then i could of takin the trial but it ewas like 12 at night and i just gave er haha met the cops they turn right around lights and everything goin i pined er goin across a huge brige with them on my *** i wasnt goin to stop the feelin i had awhoo never cought me

tumbler440Ex
02-19-2002, 02:02 PM
and they never will catch me hahah what a thrill tho havin a pig on your *** hahaha out runnin them what a feeling i knwo it aint right or anything but adrilin rush big time haha city cops at that i sit on the side of the road sometimes waiting for them to see us and we just giver liek 4 of us goin every way they call in more i stick right in the middle of the road passin cars talk bout a thrill ahahhaha awhoooo!!!!!!! :cool:

Nausty
02-20-2002, 04:16 PM
I feel the same way about riding as all of you guys. I feel like when I get on my quad, everything else doesn't matter like school or getting in a fight with your friend. You forget about it all and you just feel free and like you can do anything and the feeling of being on the edge and the feeling of being thee best all at the same time. I like on hot summer nights when me and my friend puff ride double with some friends and just mess around to find a cop shooting his spot light in the trees looking for you while sitting quitly watching him walk by you while being hid.

Live2Ride300
02-20-2002, 05:06 PM
that sounds familiar...:D

02-20-2002, 05:11 PM
here piggy piggy piggy

Live2Ride300
02-20-2002, 05:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHHHAHAH

tumbler440Ex
02-20-2002, 05:40 PM
hey guys i got a big problem i got a 440 kit in my 400ex and the next day i took it out for a drive to school gooin along the side fo the road clink clink clink i shut it offleft it there all day so pissed off blew the motor cause i looked down where the case saver bolts are the bottom on oil was commin out that one.
spent 800 bucks on th emotor job lasted one day and i have 5000 bucks left to pay the bank for the bike and 800 to mom for the motor job i cant afford any more no place to go now and the macanic said they wont pay for it i think they should im mad real mad!!!
if werst comes to werst how much can i sell my bike like this?
needs top end rebuild
there a guy that was goin to trade me 250r and give me 500 bucks would it be far if i didnt ask for any money ?
would would it?
i dont knwo what to say to the macanic if yas have any thing ot tell me to tell them be great

RideRed04
02-21-2002, 03:14 PM
First, you really need to clean up your posts. I usually skip over them because they are so hard to read. Most of it is fragments and made up words.
Now, a bigger piston has nothing to do with case saver bolts. Did you de-rail a chain? Maybe you screwd up putting on an aftermarket case saver and over tightned the bolts. I agree that the mechanic wasnt responible.