PDA

View Full Version : My dog died

zephead400ex
04-14-2003, 09:17 AM
My dog was killed this morning. She was a Miniture Pinscher 8 yrs old, named Chappy. I got the dog when I was 12, I dont care what anyone says, she was the best dog I have ever had! She lived with my parents b/c I live in an apartment. I had class at 8:30am and my mom called and left a message for me to stop by immediatly after class. I got there and my Dad told me she had been run over. My Dad built a small wooden box to lay her in, he wrapped her in one of my old sweatshirts that smelled like me so she laid on it all the time! We buried her behind our house and we are going to get a limestone rock made with her name on it and place it over the top of where we buried her.

Everyone loses pets, I know this, but our family is having hard times right now b/c my mom has breast cancer, my Dad might be laid off from his job b/c he works for Boeing and they are continuing to lay off vertern workers, he has been there for 22 yrs. I am having problems with my girlfriend Nicki. We have been together for 2 1/2 yrs! All in all, my life really sucks right now!!!

Thanks for listening - reading!

blondie69
04-14-2003, 09:22 AM
awh man, i'm sorry to hear that!

hey, i know wat it feels like to loose pets. *hugs ya*

muff
04-14-2003, 09:26 AM
we just had to put our dog to sleep a few days ago, he was around 12, we had a lot of fun together but he could barely get around and couldnt do stairs

atleast you have a girlfriend :(

hope everythin will take a turn for the better

trueblue450
04-14-2003, 09:26 AM
I remember when my dog got ran over.

One of my first death experiences. I was so sad.

I feel for yah man.!

Elmo on PCP
04-14-2003, 09:28 AM
hey bro, sry to hear tha we just had to put our poodle down last week because she was blind, and would bit any thing she bumped into..not to mention she was almost as old as me and im 16

04-14-2003, 09:32 AM
:( very very sorry to here that:(

ny300exrider
04-14-2003, 09:33 AM
hey man,sorry to hear.it will all get better. in sept my dad got diagnosed with a brain tumor but he is almost done with all his treatments now and he is feeling good....sorry to hear about your unfortunate happinings.tell your mom that everything will be fine

Honda4trax250x
04-14-2003, 09:33 AM
last summer we had to put my dog to sleep she was about 15 she fell going up the front stairs and couldnt walk anymore so we took the wise choice of ending her suffering i know how hard it is a dog can really become a good friend i hope u feel beteer I know you will good luck

CHAUNCY
04-14-2003, 09:36 AM
:( Very sorry to hear that. We had to put our dog to sleep and he was like my best friend. Hope everything works out for you.

p@iNn3ck
04-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear, loosing a pet is tough. But she's got open fields to run through now (that's what I tell my son). In the past 4 years we've lost my horse (hit by a car), 1 dog (fighting with my other dog so I had to shoot her), 2 cats (both hit by cars) plus my mother-in-law and father-in-law.... (try explaining all that to a 8-12 year old)

Just stay strong, memories can last forever.

zephead400ex
04-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the support all! Now I have to be at work until 11pm cst. I am going to go home and get sh*tty! This is very tough for me and the whole family!

Pvt. Maggot
04-14-2003, 10:25 AM
sorry dude.....but the pain guy up there...your horse got hit by a car?....i bet there wasn't much left of the car...wow...sorry for all you guys losses

Max400
04-14-2003, 10:27 AM
I am so sorry to here of you loss. I just had to put my dog to sleep, I cried like a baby for days and still miss him. I have a new dog now but he will never replace my old dog "Elvis"...
Here is a peom that I found that help me and my kids in a time of loss, I hope it helps you as much as it help us.

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends, so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, to keep our friends warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill or old, are restored to health and vigor. Those who have been hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just like we remember them in our dreams of days, and times gone by. The animals are happy and content except for one small thing, they miss someone that was left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when they will suddenly stop and look off into the distance, as if they see someone they have been waiting for. Their eyes become bright and their bodies begin to shake with anticipation. Suddenly one will break form the group, flying over the green grass, running faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. They happy kisses rain upon your face, and your hands are able to caress their beloved head once more. You look into those trusting eyes, so long ago taken from your life, but never absent from your heart.

You now are able to cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

Author unknown

p@iNn3ck
04-14-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
sorry dude.....but the pain guy up there...your horse got hit by a car?....i bet there wasn't much left of the car...wow...sorry for all you guys losses

Yeah, 2 grand damage to the car... we had to pay. I wasn't home so my son was letting them in and 2 got away from him, first one to the road was my 4 year old and the car didn't even hit the brakes, broke 2 legs...... not sure which was harder, loosing the horse, or him seeing it happen.

Like everyone says, it'll get better, but sure is tough.

zephead400ex
04-14-2003, 10:54 AM
max400: that poem says it all! I can see my Chappy dog shakeing her whole body (b/c she didnt have much of a tail) when she sees me!

Max400
04-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Zephead, I'm glad you liked it. it makes me cry everytime I read it..

Just put on "all of my love" (zeppelin of course) and have a drink.........zeppelin has a song for every mood it always helps me... I'm a Zephead too!!!!!!!!!!!

ridesa02400EX
04-14-2003, 11:12 AM
we had to put my friends dog to sleep with a pistol it was the hardest thing to ever do

zephead400ex
04-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Max400
Zephead, I'm glad you liked it. it makes me cry everytime I read it..

Just put on "all of my love" (zeppelin of course) and have a drink.........zeppelin has a song for every mood it always helps me... I'm a Zephead too!!!!!!!!!!!

Fellow Zephead, sweet! This does sound kind of weird (to you), but Zeppelin is my medicine, seriously! Any Zep music makes me feel a lot better! This is a hard situation for me though, this time it might take more to get over not just my dog, but my mom, and gf!

Thanks for caring!
p.s. my Dad really liked that poem too!

kxrider
04-14-2003, 11:24 AM
got any pics, lol:D , ,joke, sorry dude, i know how you feel i had to put my dog to sleep last week she was 14, i got her when i was 3

Honda4trax250x
04-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by kxrider
got any pics, lol:D

dude thats a pretty sick joke j/p

04-14-2003, 02:14 PM
maybe he meant pics of his dog when she was alive

maybe your the sick one :huh

I LOVE MINI PINCHERS!@!!!! my friend has one, its so small, so cute, and it acts tough like it can take u down but its about the size of my foot :devil

Glamis400ex
04-14-2003, 02:23 PM
I have a 17 year old Chihuahua mix. I've had her since I was 15....and I'm 32 now. I know the time is coming soon. It will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do...but I will do it.

Sorry bro..

Glamis

Sportrax10
04-14-2003, 03:12 PM
I had a similar experienced earier this year. My Min Pin named Max got hit by a car early one morning before school. It was hard to get over it but you will. :(

bluebaron
04-14-2003, 03:38 PM
last summer we had to put my dog down, then last chirstmas i got a new one , then right after that like 2 weeks it got rane over, but know we have a knew dog:confused2

zephead400ex
04-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Here is a pic of Chappy!

JUSTINcredible
04-14-2003, 05:00 PM
sorry to hear this man.. 2 years ago we had some rough times too.. our dog got a liver dieses and the damn vet wanted to keep the dog alive to study it while my dog was suffering and, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and our house burnt down all in that year.. i think the hardest part after my famileys dog died was going to pick out a new one cuz there was no other dog like the on we had.. give it some time and everything will get better:)

zephead400ex
04-14-2003, 05:02 PM
thanks for the support guys! I am getting off work now, going home, and letting this day go!

D-4our
04-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Dude, I feel for your. I had to go through both of my dogs dying a few months ago, I've had both of them longer than I can re-member, they were like brothers to me. Its sorta hard to admit but I had a harder time excepting that than when my grandpa died. Just listen to Zep and you'll pull through.