PDA

View Full Version : Degree key

fastrax
04-14-2003, 08:15 AM
Any info on the curtis sparks degree key? how much does this gain in HP and where is the gain i.e. low mid, or top? Do I need to run race fuel to avoid knocking? any info would be a great help thanks!

UglyMotha™
04-14-2003, 08:20 AM
it makes your throttle response dead on, more crisper sorta speak i am runnin pump gas with no knock i have the degree key and a H.C piston

EXDUNER127
04-14-2003, 08:38 AM
where is the flywheel where you put this on sorry Im not mechanicly inclined, but I am new at all this. How axactly do u install this and how easy?

UglyMotha™
04-14-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by EXDUNER127
where is the flywheel where you put this on sorry Im not mechanicly inclined, but I am new at all this. How axactly do u install this and how easy?

the flywheel is under the left hand side case it's a woodruff key and you install it my pulling the cover and then the flywheel it's cake for the mechanically inclined i had it done in about 15 mins

fastrax
04-14-2003, 08:56 AM
will this harm the engine in any way? I'm full stock exceppt for an R4 slip on... and the key. thanks.

UglyMotha™
04-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by fastrax
will this harm the engine in any way? I'm full stock exceppt for an R4 slip on... and the key. thanks.

i wouldn't say it harms the motor it will cause it to run a little hotter i am running it with a high compression piston and my doesn't seem to run much hotter than stock

EXDUNER127
04-14-2003, 09:31 AM
Anybody got pics. Want pics if any!

fastrax
04-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Is there any chance that the flywheel will slip back to stcok time on the shaft? i tightened it with an impact gun and it wont tighten any further, but i know the flywheel can move from 6 degrees to stock when it's not bolted down. thanks.

cheetah
04-14-2003, 09:38 AM
Hey fastrax

I'm stupid and non mechanical minded. I'm going to put mine in here in a little while. Do you drain the oil first? And is it tough to loosen the flywheel? I don't have an impact wrench here just hand tools.

fastrax
04-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Naw, if you put the rear tire of the quad on a bucket or a step stool. about 1.5 to 2 feet in the air (same side up as flywheel), the oil won't even drip out. thats how i did it. you can hold the flywheel in the middle with a monkey wrench or a crescent wrence by the bolt on the two flat spots. impact helps out a lot but it can be done with a 1/2 inch ratchet.