PDA

View Full Version : trip to NJ and PA need advice

cook
04-14-2003, 05:13 AM
Hey guys,

ok my friends and I are gonna be making a trip from maine down to NJ and PA to hit some of the parks. We plan on going to NJORVP atleast one day and then maybe a few in places in western PA. please let me know what you guys think are the best place to go and any ifo you have for them. websites?
thanks

Sprttrx400ex
04-14-2003, 05:29 AM
Hey, NJORVP is a fun place to ride, I will be up there this thurs and fri. www.njorvp.org is the site, they are sorta on the expensive side tho.

cook
04-14-2003, 05:44 AM
yeah i think it is like 75$ a day! what about tower city in Pa is that a good spot?

Ex'r Marlin
04-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by cook
what about tower city in Pa is that a good spot?
Very much so!:) Unless you plan on doing MX style riding.

If you like off road trails with some rocky sections, some coal hills, some mud, and alot of miles of trails, Tower City maybe a great place for you!

If you like MX style riding, with maybe a little trail riding, Rausch Creek maybe a wise choice, and not as expensive as NJORVP.

When do you plan on heading our way??

Note: You do not need a member present when you go to Rausch Creek, but you will need one if you go to Tower City and NJORVP.

If I remember right, $70 for a day pass at NJORVP with a member, $30 for a day pass at Tower City with a member, and $25 for a day pass at Rausch Creek.

danyeo
04-14-2003, 10:52 AM
Go to Tower, it's awesome. You might want to spend the weekend.
NJORVP is very small, i know of some illegal places in SOuth Jersey that are a million times bigger but you there is always the risk of getting a ticket. But one place i can take you to i have not been busted since 97. Its very big and lots of sand. Let us know what dates you will down this way and maybe myself or someone can show you around.

cook
04-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Not sure when we will be making the trip. When would you guys say is the best time to go? To ride Tower city you need to have a member with you? Maybe one of you guys could hook us up and go with us show us around some. That would be cool. There will be 3 or 4 of us coming. Its kinda of al long trip to make from Northern Maine so we will be looking to make the most out of our trip. We are looking for a place that offers us some of everything but more trails and stuff then mx style. where in PA is tower city? They have a web site i think? Forgot the address though. Let me know any info that would make our trip the best.

bsb64
04-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Tower City is near Harrisburg. Great place, a bit bumpy, LOL

http://www.towercitytrailriders.org/index.htm

cook
04-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Is Tower City located inside of Rauch Creek? if so i s it run like 2 differnt parks or is it all like one?

Derno24
04-15-2003, 03:30 AM
Tower City and Rausch Creek are seperate places just very close to one another. Probably about 5 min drive from one to the other. You used to be able to ride right to tower and ride there for free, if you were a member of Tower, but that no longer exsists.

You also have Jack Frost and Paragon. Jack Frost is really rocky for enduro trails, but has MX tracks. Paragon I have heard can be really rocky. I am not sure on this as I have never been there before.

Let Marlin or I know when you are coming and we will try to hook you up.

cook
04-19-2003, 04:40 AM
Thinking we will probably just hit PA. So it looks like Tower City Rauch Creek and maybe Paragon. Every one that rides the spots give me your likes dislikes. And all the info on them you have. Whens the best time to go? I dont want the place packed but dont want it empty either. thatsnk for your guys help

bsb64
04-19-2003, 05:11 AM
Well I'm a member at TC. Even when it is at its most crowded it is so big you can always find plenty of room.

Pluses:

unlimited riding

people are great, always helping, a real sense of community

you can camp overnight, makes the ride worth it

many different types of riding, technical trails, play areas, hill climbs

the price is right, you can't beat the price

snack bar, basic riding and repair supplies sold

legal, it took me a couple times riding there before I stopped looking for the cops, LOL.

no azzholes alowed. they bounce disrespectful losers

dislikes:

long ride, 2 1/2 hrs from my house

some areas are very rocky

As for Rauch Creek, I've never ridden there,ride by it all of the time, but if you're going, call in advance, make sure they aren't having a race that day.

Tommy 17
04-19-2003, 05:23 AM
rausch creek is a sweet place... not only do they have like 6 mx tracks quads are allowed on 3 of them but they have TONZ OF TRAILS... i've only been into the trails about 200yds b4 and turned around bc i had on small tires but they looked awesome... there was so many Ys in the trails that i almost got lost haha...

rausch has a ATV only track which is just plain awesome to ride... a woods type track with one lil jump on it and some awesome hills... and a supercross bike and quad track that has tonz of lil table tops...

trust me rausch is worth the 25$ to ride there...

if u want june 7th and 8th a bunch of exriders are meetin up at rausch creek to ride... we will probably hit the track most of the day though and not the trails very much...

CowsBitePeople
04-20-2003, 03:40 AM
Go to jack frost traxx....Its 30 for the day and its a pretty cool place.... :macho There are i think 5 or 6 tracks and lots of trails....

cook
04-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Where is Jack Frost? Do they have a site?

We will probably be camping out. Hows the camping at these places?

CowsBitePeople
04-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cook
Where is Jack Frost? Do they have a site?

We will probably be camping out. Hows the camping at these places?

Yeah you can camp there Ill find out the site and stuff for ya i have a booklet on it so ill let you know as soon as i can....

CowsBitePeople
04-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Hey,

Here ya go buddy :)

http://www.jfbb.com/motorsports-park.asp

Try that it has hours and stuff and prices....