PDA

View Full Version : Burgard +2s?

muff
04-14-2003, 02:22 AM
so what do you guys think about burgard +2s for a 400ex? anyone on here have them?

Pappy
04-14-2003, 02:25 AM
i have the +1's and will be getting his +2's for my R:devil

Tommy 17
04-14-2003, 07:56 AM
i have burgard +1 also and i love them... can't beat the price of them either:macho

QuadTrix6
04-14-2003, 08:14 AM
i hear good things about them

JOEX
04-14-2003, 08:25 AM
How much do the +1 run including chrome and/or powdercoat?
Does he have website up yet?

Thanks, Joe

EDIT: Nevermind, found it:)

cotttonwoody
04-14-2003, 05:38 PM
I have them on my ex, Here is pic, cant see much of the a arms tho. I think there great but i cant compare them to anything else becuase they are the only ones i tried.

Sparks425Ex
04-15-2003, 01:02 AM
I have a set. They seem to be very strongly made. And for the price ya can't lose.

Sorry to say they will be sold in a lil while for LTs but I am sure they will hold up to my beating....

PhilMoore
01-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Don't get the ones with threaded in ball joints. I have a set of + 2" for my Banshee and the ball joint bent. They are very expensive to replace and they bend easily. I have seen others snap during a race. I don't trust them.

01-15-2004, 07:26 AM
First off, at least 6 big name companies or more use the same balljoint on their standard travel a-arms, so it's not a burgard thing by any means. I've also seen many break, i just replaced one myself because it was bent pretty bad.

Are you screwing the balljoints in all the way till they stop??? If not then that's your problem.

I'd also like to say i've used these ball joints for 3 years now and only replaced one balljoint. Improper installation, blown or improperly setup shocks and hitting trees causes most of the problems I think. It's normally not the part itself that fails first..

Ralph
01-15-2004, 08:34 AM
my friend just bought a USED set and the shockmount was bent somehow. We just put it in a vice and it went back perfectly. I have no idea how someone could bend a shockmount...

PhilMoore
01-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Are you screwing the balljoints in all the way till they stop??? If not then that's your problem.

No, the bottom ball joint that was bent was not all the way into the arm. I didn't know it had to be, and there was no warning or instructions with the new arms. They came that way. In fact, I did thread in the bottom ones somewhat when I got them. Then I had to thread out the uppers, otherwise the wheels were so cambered in, it looked like it was broken.

I'd also like to say i've used these ball joints for 3 years now and only replaced one balljoint. Improper installation, blown or improperly setup shocks and hitting trees causes most of the problems I think. It's normally not the part itself that fails first..

The Elka shocks were set up by the Quadshop, so they are correct. I didn't hit anything. I have never crashed the quad. It has never even been upside down. :o I think I can ride pretty good. Even though some of you guys might think because I haven't crashed this particular quad, I probably ride like a pansy. :p I pretty much only ride the Banshee in the dunes. Except I did take it out on the ice last weekend.

Pappy
01-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by PhilMoore

in your post yesterday you said the ball joint broke or bent when the quad was wrecked.

and YES if the ball joints arent thread ALL the way in they WILL break.

Z400/400ex
01-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Just got my +2 Burgards A Arms!! They look great and they are purrrtty!

They seem to be a very good company to deal with!

fmf400ex
01-15-2004, 11:45 AM
I have been using the +2 burgards for around 7 months and my friend has had his for over a year and we love them. Great price and great quality. I would say get a set muff :D

JDiablo
01-15-2004, 11:52 AM
cotttonwoody,are those 1+1 or 2+1 a-arms?

PhilMoore
01-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
in your post yesterday you said the ball joint broke or bent when the quad was wrecked.

and YES if the ball joints arent thread ALL the way in they WILL break.

Pappy, my post (in fact, the entire thread) has gone missing. Therefore I can't prove you wrong (I said it was after a small jump). After calling Burgards yesterday I was a little ticked off, so yesterday's post was a little emotion influenced.

I am not trying to tell people not to buy Burgards, I am just trying to tell them not to buy A-arms with the threaded ball joints, and why. Without making untrue statements, accusations, and putting words in peoples mouths.

My reasons for not buying threaded ball A-arms (of any brand) in the future are:
1. The joints break easily. BTW, I never broke a stock joint of any kind.
2. The joints are expensive to replace, especially for the relative amount of time they last in use.

Pappy
01-15-2004, 12:43 PM
well i can appreciate you feelings and i do understand. however ...there are umteen million a arms in use...been used and will be bought that use automtive style ball joints. i dont like that style either but they do work for the majority of riders. as far as the replacement cost of that ball joint its easily obtained at almost any auto parts store for $20 bucks.

im sorry for your bad expierence with any manufacture but screaming a part is junk when infact owner maintence and education can and probably would have prevented any issue isnt the best way to get your point across. dont worry...i have done it myself:o :p

muff
01-15-2004, 02:17 PM
holy shat this thread is old....I've already had them, used them for a season and sold them

they were really good arms for the money,, I had the lower ball joints turned out all the way and I never had a problem with them breaking :eek2:

i ended up bending an arm by slamming a rock in 4th gear but never had a ball joint problem

muff
01-15-2004, 08:17 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p3c4b1c3a8b9b95de54294e87d0ceee4a/fbbef50d.jpg

Foxrage
01-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Wheres the pics of the new long travel front end?

muff
01-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Foxrage
Wheres the pics of the new long travel front end?

give me like 2 weeks on that, the lower arms are in a box thats goin down to pappys on saturday, along with the frame and a ton of other parts

heres some pics of my XC quad i'm building to keep you happy in the mean time :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p1b003c25402f52859893098dde07f4db/f9ef1ab0.jpg