PDA

View Full Version : New Boots

spliffy
04-14-2003, 02:22 AM
I just bought my first set of riding boots & man are they stiff.. whats the best way to break them in? I had a hard time riding yesterday cuz I couldn't down shift or brake for nutton. I'm Sure they will just take some getting used to.

muff
04-14-2003, 02:52 AM
try walkin around in them for a little while, walkin flexes them good

dirtmomma
04-14-2003, 03:00 AM
Fill them w/ boiling hot water....let cool a little, put them on & wear them ALL day, you won't be able to wear them for about a week after but they will be broke in nice!!! NO I haven't tried it bu this is what I was told to do!! Mine finally broke in by themselves I have enough foot problems w/o wearing wet boots for 8 hrs LOL what kind did ya get?? I got the Alpinstar Vectors now those are hard to break in!!!!!

spliffy
04-14-2003, 04:43 AM
hmmm boiling hot water in the boot & then wear em... I think I will just wear em & cut the grass or something... get a lot walking time on them :p alpine star m6's , got a sweet deal on them from bobs cycle supply up here... my buddy works there & gotem for $110 :eek:

400grl
04-14-2003, 05:07 AM
I wear mine around the house for about a week before I ride with them.....that works well. I never get blisters, and they get a little softer that way. Practice with them, too - I used my old boots to race with, though, until my new ones got broken in enough......

YLW400
04-14-2003, 05:09 AM
I just rode and rode with mine, they will get there. You might have to adjust your shifter so you can get your foot under there. I did anyway

Doibugu2
04-14-2003, 05:19 AM
I rode for the first time this weekend with boots. What a pain. Like everybody else, they weren't broken in. But its weird not being able to feel the clutch lever. Couldn't tell you how many misshifts I had.

I did move the clutch lever up which helped.

But does anybody have problem using the brake. Seems like its down just a bit, too. Has anybody tried to move that up a tad?

spliffy
04-14-2003, 06:08 AM
Ya it was hard riding & not being able to feel the shifter.. I bent my brake lever out a bit so it was easier to hit.... I think it just seems like it is low because you can't bend your ankle very far to hit it.

400grl
04-14-2003, 06:20 AM
It's just going to feel wierd because you can't feel any feedback through your shoe anymore.....you will get used to just knowing your feet are in the right place......you won't rely on feeling anything through your shoes...you will just rely on instinct. I can't ride without my boots now...my ankles feel all wobbly and my shoes feel thin and it really bothers me. I love my boots! :)

Doibugu2
04-14-2003, 06:27 AM
How long do you think it will take to break them in? And how much more comfortable will they be when they are broken in?

CUZ'n
04-14-2003, 06:46 AM
i got me a pare of ostrichd skinned boots and the ladies love dem i had snake but da dam dog ate them:mad:

04-14-2003, 06:53 AM
I bought new ones around christmas and i broke mine in by entering a 2+ hours XC race....:eek: They broke in now...:devil

And Doug made a good point..odds are if it's the first time you've wore boots riding your shift lever will probablyl need adjusted...;)

toby400ex
04-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Mine came free and broke in with my 300 in 2001, they just happened to fit perfectly and were in great shape. Alpinestars are the shiznit

CHAUNCY
04-14-2003, 12:42 PM
I had a hard time getting used to my new boots. I just kept riding with them and they eventually loosened up a little. Walking around in them should help though!