PDA

View Full Version : AC ProPeg, Just say YAH or NAY help please

Pepto_Bismol
12-21-2001, 02:53 PM
I'm installing my AC Progpegs, and the right side does not fit up tight to the left side in the front, where the tube fits into the other tube under the motor mounts, it goes only half way. Is this common, or did they send me the wrong nerfs? Thanks!!
Pep.

12-21-2001, 03:05 PM
That's a big yah,,,mine are like that too,,,won't hurt the flyin of it any..:square

Pepto_Bismol
12-21-2001, 05:26 PM
Cool, I just went out on a one hour test run, man no one should be without them! I tested them on some 40ft jumping...Thanks for the info, at least I can count on you to give a a response. BTW, shouldn't "Member" in your "New member" be capitalized :)
Pep. :cool:

hippy440
12-21-2001, 10:51 PM
mine are the same way..:devil

Juggalo
12-22-2001, 08:23 AM
mine aren't like that. they go all the way onto the black tube thing that bolts to where the stock pegs were.

Chef
12-22-2001, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
mine aren't like that. they go all the way onto the black tube thing that bolts to where the stock pegs were.

i think he means where the nerfs go together in front of the engine...mine didnt line up with the motor mounts, but i just got this portable little hydraulic thing and put it between the peg and the front tube and just bent them till they fit :D I've been off some pretty big 4th and 5th gear jumps in the sand with them and i like them alot of better than the stock pegs...

400exBro
12-22-2001, 10:41 AM
does anyone have the real ac pro peg installation instructions for the 400ex where they can scan them in for every who wants them???
I know i do( especailly if there are pics)
lata
400exBro

Juggalo
12-22-2001, 03:13 PM
well at first my motor mounts didn't line up either. but then i figured out the problem. instead of installing the motor mount first i installed the peg part first so it wouldn't line up. so then i did the motor mount first and i was able to get the peg in there with hardly any trouble.

buckeye400ex
12-27-2001, 07:32 PM
I just installed mine, but didn't have ANY instructions. The one page that came with the nerfs included pictures that were so dark you couldn't make out anything. I didn't get the drill out yet either so, I'll have to do that to attach the heel kicker and the footpeg.

Will I have to take them back off to drill the footpeg part and attach it? The entire time I was putting them on, I was thinking there has to be a way to secure this peg. Or does the bolt go ALL the way thru?

Mine needed "stretched" too, to line up with the peg mount.

Rico, dude I was checking out a pic you attached in another post about nerf bars, you were so freaking high in the air, I was thinking MAN that has to be a doctored up picture. I guess it's real though, couldn't see any shadow discrepancies! You belong on one of those Huevos videos.