PDA

View Full Version : lt500

Drtridr18
04-13-2003, 04:05 PM
Went to Indiana today with a buddy to pick up a used 1990 lt500, he paid 3200 for a pretty good condition bike and extras, anyways i took that thing for a spin after we got home, damn is it a beast, short stretches of lawn just doesn't do it justice-pure sickness. It had me really pumped!

Anyways, how much hp do those things have? And if anyone is familiar with them, what is the sight glass on the right side and the adjustment? or like a dial on the left side exhaust port for?

I really like the "feel" of my 400ex even though i don't race or take huge *** maniac jumps, or ride every single day but damn that thing had me seriously considering abandoning it for another 2 stroke, like a banshee or 250r, although i have never ridden a 250r.

Does the 400ex stand a chance in general riding situations(i know rider is 80%), what the hell do i need to do to it? haha or should i just trade off my 400ex for a 250r(which i've been seriously considering anyways-SO IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED...)

Thanks guys

400redneck
04-13-2003, 05:45 PM
I have a buddy who would trade you for his LT250r

he wants a 400 so bad that the sight of mine(bone stock)makes him drool like a saint bernard.

airheadedduner
04-14-2003, 06:07 AM
Ahhhhhhhh the ole quadzilla. I am not sure on exact HP numbers but it is more then a shee. The adjustment is for the powervalve I believe. I think you can set it up to hit softer or harder through the powerband. mmmmmmmmmmmm 500 PV 2 stroke. If you really wanna smoke banshees with it when you race one start on a slight incline.

300exazzkikr
04-14-2003, 07:27 AM
yea quadzillas were bad*****. The only thing i've heard go wrong with them were the crank bearings because of all that power going on them. Makes sense if you think about it but those things are worth it...:devil

400redneck
04-15-2003, 04:41 PM
well like i said my buddy is selling/trading it so if you are interested i can have him contact ya..:) :D :ermm: