PDA

View Full Version : Race at FT of the Mountain

Derno24
04-13-2003, 02:58 PM
Here are some pics from todays harescramble. The machines look sooo clean.

Derno24
04-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Harlen working on the Z. Not pictured was 2-r's. He was there trust me and I know he was taking pics too.

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Men ready for war. It was a nice day out 60 and sunny

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:02 PM
The rest of the field.

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Marlin workin it.

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:03 PM
Lot's a mud for me.

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:04 PM
Marlin again...

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Hitting one of the corners..

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Marlin coming home...

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Harlen getting the checkered flag

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:06 PM
It's my turn...

Derno24
04-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Posing for the camera.

I know I didn't take many other pics. I was busy riding while other family members were taking the photo's. Sorry to everyone else who was there that didn't make the photo's.:D

ZRacer
04-14-2003, 12:50 AM
Hey, Nic Pics Derno24. The weather was great for getting soaked.
I think that race was as wet as Pinegrove, but the mud was alot easier to clean off.

465Stroker
04-14-2003, 01:02 AM
Results? How did everyone finish?

jlhughes750
04-14-2003, 03:13 AM
Yes how about some results, i didn't go, boy was i stupid. I skipped out on the GNCC to test and practice all day Sat. Then decided last minute to bail on the Foot o Mount, also. Spent the day at a chritening for a friends kid, made the wife happy though!!!!!!!!

Derno24
04-14-2003, 03:23 AM
Well I can't speak for everyone. I had a bad day first lap smacked a tree (AGAIN) and twisted my wrist. I was taking it easy the rest of the race. I fished 8th in C class. Marlin in 7th. Zracer would have to tell you the rest I didn't really look tooo annoyed. Hurts to type too.:D

propartsracing
04-14-2003, 03:30 AM
Hey,

Any experts show up? Who was there & how'd they finish. We didn't go... too long of a trip back from the SC GNCC.

Trish

465Stroker
04-14-2003, 03:37 AM
Proparts - What happened to Mike in SC? How about Round 3 (Hurricane Hills) of the PA state series being after Loretta's - Traci and I are not too sure if we will make that one!

propartsracing
04-14-2003, 03:45 AM
Hey Rick!

Mike broke down again on the first lap... his season is going about as good as Smiley's with 3 DNF's. I'll PM you with details.

Thx,
Trish

Ex'r Marlin
04-14-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
...first lap I smacked a tree (AGAIN) LOL's Tree Frog! :D

WOW... What a brutal course!!:macho The pictures you see are nothing compared to the rocks, trees, and mud in the woods!:rolleyes: This race is by far the roughest I have done... I have not done Jack Frost, but Ron feels this was worse than there!:eek:

Anyway, I did not hear of anyone needing medical attention.:cool:

Dave (3-R's) unfortunately had mechanical failures on his first lap. Glad to see you there Dave... Sorry for the misfortune!:( If it means anything... You have an awesome looking 250R!!!

Harlen (ZRacer) showed up with his new racer... Very nice, except that it is a Suzuki!:blah Note to Harlen, thanks for prepping my hand grips and seat with that special lubricant you use... It left me flying by the seat of my pants!!:D I recommend passing on Harlens' offer on having him prep your atv!:D Otherwise... Very nice guy! (except on the trails... He yells alot!):rolleyes: I see Harlens' dad substituted Kenny (Pappy) for pit crew. BTW... Great Powder coat job on Harlens' atv!!!!

Weather was beautiful! Great day for racing. Great riders (racers) there! Everyone seemed to be in good spirits!

Jlhughes 750... Hopefully one of these races we will finally meet!

Sorry Trish... I don't know who all was there. Hopefully Harlen can answer your question.

Ron (Derno24)... Next time, make sure you have gas in your atv BEFORE the start of the race!!!!

QuadTrix6
04-14-2003, 05:58 AM
nice pics guys :cool:

Pappy
04-14-2003, 06:04 AM
yeah cool pics!!

good job everyone that raced...noone got hurt and thats the important part:)

marlin....you didnt look close enough at his frame...lmao we argued over it and he won.....not a good idea to learn translucents on a frame of a buddy:eek: oh well he bent it up so i get to redo a new one:(

Derno24
04-14-2003, 06:05 AM
Pappy we got a good look...:devil

Pappy
04-14-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
Pappy we got a good look...:devil
hahahaha well he took it better then i did:huh i could have fixed the clear but SOMEONE wouldnt give me 1 more hour:grr :D

cletusEX
04-14-2003, 07:52 AM
a bunch of the guys i race with were there. i finished 7th in 4 stroke b. only my first season racing so i was just taking it easy. man that course was brutal, but fun. i wanna know what glacier was melting to cause that much mud and water.

Pappy
04-14-2003, 07:56 AM
harlen told me a rider flipped and did get hurt...anyone know how he is doing?

Ex'r Marlin
04-14-2003, 08:50 AM
There was a rider in the C class that flipped at the beginning of the race... He is ok.

There was a racer that was walking and holding his arm or shoulder while a spectator was pushing his atv on the one of the access trails, but he smiled and seemed to be ok.

Again, the pit crew that was with Ron did not see anyone needing medical attention... Hopefully anyone that did get hurt is ok! That place can beat you up pretty good... It sure did me!:ermm:

CletusEX... Glad to hear you are racing! Your first year and you are racing B class... COOL!:cool: Good luck to ya! (Do you normally run District 6 races, or do you normally run District 7?)

04-14-2003, 09:36 AM
I took a few pics ..mostly before the race I will post em a lil later
I just got in from cleaning:( :( the quad ...dang she was nasty
for making around once :rolleyes:...everytime I hit a nasty mudhole the quad would stop running & took me about 15 minutes to get it running again,after this happened 3 times
I just called it quits ,..still have not figured out exactly what was problem ..was good to see Derno & Marlin :D
My other buddies got 3rd & 5th places ..funnything is, I wasnt last ..another 2 stroke rider didn't even make it around 1 time :ermm:

Pappy
04-14-2003, 10:11 AM
damn is it usually that wet there:(

cletusEX
04-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Ex'R Marlin. yeah i run district 7 and they don't have a C class so i run B. i wouldn't have gotten points if i ran C. a lot of people only did 1 lap so i finished 7th. i was happy to get my 4 laps in without crashing. definitly a tough course.

DoctorRags
04-14-2003, 01:16 PM
What's Up everyone. I also raced at Ft of the Mountain and got 6th Place in Quad 4STR B. cletusEX is my little bro' and he finished right behind me. I only heard of one person that got a dislocated shoulder and another in our camp had some dislocated fingers (I think they popped back in though). I also nailed by hands on my hand guards after I decided to become too friendly with a tree. No problem though, a little swollen and I have all next weekend (Easter) to rest.

I wish they would have separated D6 and D7 because then I would have a 3rd place finish. Oh well, I guess finishing the race with no broken parts is better than alot of people did.

Derno24
04-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah I was disappointed at first, but happy that I walked away without getting hurt too bad. I sprained a wrist and got a flat which made it to the end of the race.

04-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Derno, before the race ..the C-dale was lookin good

04-15-2003, 01:29 AM
Our machines ..

04-15-2003, 01:39 AM
my buddy w/o a pit crew :confused: haha,...
can you say MUD ;) ??
the feild part of the coarse was nice ..but
woods part was another story:(

04-15-2003, 01:50 AM
me,..:D I think the mud added at least 25 lbs ..:(

04-15-2003, 01:55 AM
Sorry Ex marlin ..no pics of you this time ...but It was good to see you ;)

Derno24
04-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Dave nice pics. That mud was a little heavy. Marlin doesn't need anymore pics of himself posted. He didn't even get that dirty. :devil

jlhughes750
04-15-2003, 06:16 AM
I heard Wes Stone, who runs the A class (2stroke) got upside down at the start and bent his Roll R up pretty bad, i'm not sure if he's ok or not. I did not go, spent some time with the son. I raced all of there last year, that mountain is awsome!!!!!!! The down hills are steep enough to scare most people but then u add a rock garden to the down hill and it gets a little scary. I love the track because its technical and kinda makes you think alittle more than most tracks, slows the pace down a little. Last year when i ran my Leager, i was able to hold of Borich for just over a lap before he got by, but then i didn't see him again till afterwards.hahahaha. Lots of good passing lines on the uphills, did u guys find any of those???? the next race there is may 4th PA state rd. 4 , the week before that is Hurricane Hills PA state rd. 3 Its in Clifford Pa. up 81 past Scranton, i'm telling you, even if its real far, go!!!!!!! its by far the best D6 track in the series!!!!!!!!! I promise!!!!

later,J

Derno24
04-15-2003, 06:34 AM
I think I will be at both. I am trying to get someone to go with me to the Huricanne Hills Race. The up hills were nice and I definitely know what you mean about the downhill. There was one that after 3 laps I finally decided to push it alittle going down. The water made the trails slippery making it more interesting.

Ex'r Marlin
04-15-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
Lots of good passing lines on the uphills, did u guys find any of those????
Not that I recall. The downhills were exactly what you stated, but the uphills were still technical with alot of grooves to follow.

I don't think we raced the whole course at Foot of the Mountain. I could be wrong, but because of the wet terrain, they closed off some of the trails.

I think the most laps anyone got out there Sunday was 5 laps... Does this make sense that the course was shorter?:confused:

jlhughes750
04-16-2003, 03:06 AM
yes, 5 laps sounds close. the A class pace was doing 5 laps last year, so maybe it was a little shorter than usual. We spent quite a bit of time on the mountain, probably went up and down in 4 maybe 5 different spot. when i say up and down i mean long long ups and downs, these spots were usually really wet on the downs so maybe they cut a few out. there were a few spots going up where you could split into 4-5 lines within 20 feet wide and they all had advantages and disadvantages. u just had to remember wether it was a left at the top or a right at the top and u had to remember before u went up or u would get passed.

later J.

HURRICANE HILLS IN CLIFFORD PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4/27/03 B-THERE