PDA

View Full Version : Want some info on a R

cheetah
04-13-2003, 02:44 PM
Well I'm starting to get some money now so I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I stated earlier I wanted to do a 250R project and I still do. First off I have never ridden a R and I don't really know anyone that I can talk to locally that has one. I'm not worried about maintaining it because I like doing that kind of stuff. The only other option I considered was trying to talk my parents into letting me go into the engine on the 400, but I would still like to have a 250. So my questions concern performance. I know it's hard to explain, but how fast are they? I would probably go to standard bore and compression on it, then put an aftermarket pipe on it. Can they compete with shees and raptors pipe for pipe. I have nothing to go off of and right now all the local guys around here are completely beating the sheet out of me in a race. This would be most likely a play bike, but I want it to be quite a bit faster than the 400. So please share some info with me about the performance of these machines. Would you go for the R, mod the 400 engine, or move onto something else?

racerx573
04-13-2003, 03:03 PM
R!!! NO R IS SLOW!! LOL.... stock bore w/ a pipe, and some other little mods would be pretty quick and competitive if youre a good rider...I love my R and wouldnt trade it for anything!

Tommy 17
04-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
R!!! NO R IS SLOW!! LOL.... stock bore w/ a pipe, and some other little mods would be pretty quick and competitive if youre a good rider...I love my R and wouldnt trade it for anything!

whats all this talk about a 450f then jay:p :confused:

racerx573
04-13-2003, 03:13 PM
NEver said i was gonna give up the R....;)

Tommy 17
04-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
NEver said i was gonna give up the R....;)

ok so instead of 2 or 3 u'll just have 4 or 5 haha...

jay i think if u put all ur parts together in ur basement u could open back up the 250r assembly line:macho

racerx573
04-13-2003, 03:18 PM
LOL!

cody anderson
04-13-2003, 03:32 PM
i love my "r", some people say that 2 strokes are in the past but tell that to jones... i like em'.

cheetah
04-13-2003, 03:33 PM
So it would run with piped shees when out in an open field? Sorry for the immature "which one is faster" questions, but that is what I ride with and I'm tired of getting beat all the time.

AndrewRRR
04-13-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
So it would run with piped shees when out in an open field? Sorry for the immature "which one is faster" questions, but that is what I ride with and I'm tired of getting beat all the time.

No. But get it ported and you shouldn't have problems running with piped shees.