PDA

View Full Version : Getting Frame PCed, Help!!!

EXflattracker
04-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Well I finally decided to do it! I would love to get it done by kenny because he did my arms and they are great but I am getting it done locally to save on shipping. The biggest part of it all is well tearing the bike down ofcourse, so if you guys would give me some pointers I surely would appreciate it, cya!

muff
04-13-2003, 02:10 PM
believe it or not but it will only cost you around $20 to ship to ken and he'll pay shippin back....while you are getting it stripped down get it guesseted, pappy can give you a good deal on that to

as for when you're actually taking it apart, I use one of those little bolt shelf cabinets, and stick labels in with all of the bolts so you know what goes where, I've heard of people using zip locks but I hate zip locks

also before you strip it down powerwash it real good, that'll help when you're cleaning later

Jeffksf
04-15-2003, 05:58 AM
I recommend filing any sharp edges down and getting rid of any weld splatter left over from the factory welds. Weld splatter looks like little tiny balls stuck to your frame near the welds. Use a chisel or screwdriver to chip it off. And ofcoarse check the frame for any cracks and maybe gusset it before hand. I also welded permenant skid plate mounts to my frame, no more ugly clamps to loosen up, rattle, and hold mud.

stiffy
04-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Make sure when you get your frame pc'd all of your holes are plugged (:devil I guess that sounds bad ) but when my husbands frame got pc'd they didn't plug the holes so the pc got in all the holes and pc'd all of the threads it took forever to clean the threads out.