PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Sportbike

JhallettEX
04-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Well I am thinkin about getting a Sportbike and want to find out if there are any good classified forums at there that I should check out. I am leaning more towards a CBR600. Thanks guys.

04-13-2003, 01:29 PM
one of my fav bikes are the yamaha fz1 and the honda superhawk

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-13-2003, 01:54 PM
You can't be getting one of them (remember no motorized vehicle except for a car or truck.. ) :blah

JhallettEX
04-13-2003, 02:05 PM
I know, but I feel the need to disobey the doctors/parents orders. A few of my friends bought bikes last week and another 2 are now looking.

04-13-2003, 02:17 PM
why arent your friends buying quads??

or do they have quads :confused:

seriously look at the yamaha fz1.. thats what i would be buying lol, your not me, ... if your into the superbikes you cannot beat a suzuki gsxr 600 .. fast shiznit :huh

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-13-2003, 02:19 PM
He needs something more like a MOPED :p

Zuki
04-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by WOT400ex

seriously look at the yamaha fz1.. thats what i would be buying lol, your not me, ... if your into the superbikes you cannot beat a suzuki gsxr 600 .. fast shiznit :huh

Well, actually I gotta say if you're looking into the 600 class the new CBR600RR (notice the 2 R's) is the ****-kicker for this year. Unbeatable in hp. But for me, the ergonomics are not for me. I just bought my '03 Gixxer 6. Been riding sportbikes for about 10 years +, and the most ergonomically comfortable for me is a gix. The new yamaha R6 is sweet especially with the new frame (2 welds as opposed to 16) and the silver color scheme are absolutely friggin awesome. But i've read a lot of probs with tranny probs (that's a shocker coming from yammy eh LoL). Anyways, stay away from the kawis. If you're a taller rider, or larger guy, you'll pry feel more at home on a gix. And the difference in hp isnt that big of a deal if you're a rider. How often do you plan on going over 150 mph? Anyways, i'm not sure of other forums, but i can tell ya one with over 17,000 members. www.gixxer.com Some forum topics are restricted until you register, i'm not sure if the for sale forum is 1 of those. Lots of good ppl, good info, and members with just about every bike out there. Good luck, and safe riding. There's nothing like the feeling of rolling on the throttle of a machine designed to move you that fast.

ROGERS
04-13-2003, 05:49 PM
Get a Daytona! Just kiddin', I know you are looking at the 600 class. Pretty much dead even in that bunch if you ask me (or anyone else who is paying attention). I guess you should go with ergos, everything else is basically the same. I dig the under seat pipes on the CBR-RR, though. Can't wait to see some CF after markets hanging under there. :cool: Interesting rear suspension too.

If you are looking to buy an older (used) bike though, this would be the year to get a smokin' deal. Check some roadracing organization sites. WERA, CMRA, AMA,..... there has got to be a lot of people going with this years crop, and that means they will be selling their '00 & '01 bikes to keep up with the competition.;) You could probably walk away with a warmed up bike for not a lot of jack.