PDA

View Full Version : KTM's not he bike there made up to be

HoNdAdude48
04-13-2003, 12:12 PM
i was at supercross (dallas) last night (the best racin ive seen in a while) and kenny bartram was jumpin his ktm and cased it pretty hard, well he racked him self bad and fell off the bike, then a track attendant went to get his bike and grabbed the handle bars to pull it up, well the whole front fork came off at the frame weld, ive seen this happen twice, both on ktm's. makes me scared to buy one. so ne one out there lookin to buy one i would be careful! another reason to buy a honda!

Narly R
04-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Man thats not good!!! Kinda weird too!:huh

AZblaster44
04-13-2003, 12:18 PM
That happend in last years Phoenix race too, just it snapped soon as he cased it

Glow Plug
04-13-2003, 12:19 PM
hahah i would love to see that :)

but i hope kenny bartman is ok :)

YamaWarr0121
04-13-2003, 12:20 PM
that happend to maybe it was kenny at the X games last yea rin the summer, he went for it n landed n his forks completely split right off the bike..but i woulda figured it b/c he landed right on em

Nausty
04-13-2003, 12:26 PM
it happened to Grant Langsten in a supercross too. I spose as long as your not pro your gonna be ok though. It happend to seth and he rides a honda though. lol, I gotta a little story w/ bikes snapping in half. I gotta friend how had a crappy next mountain bike w/ forks and I spend friday night trying to bust the forks off because they were already partially bent forwards and we jumped it until it was like a chopper bike. After that we went for a big one and finished it off. lol, that was the highlight of my friday.

Glow Plug
04-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
I gotta friend how had a crappy next mountain bike w/ forks and I spend friday night trying to bust the forks off because they were already partially bent forwards and we jumped it until it was like a chopper bike. After that we went for a big one and finished it off. lol, that was the highlight of my friday.

lmao i would love to see that :D

Nausty
04-13-2003, 12:36 PM
yeah, I was pretty proud:D We were gonna party but some friends were away and we had no place to stay.

HoNdAdude48
04-13-2003, 12:41 PM
still even if it only happens to pros, it shouldnt happen at all. i mean every one of the factory rides are completely taken apart after every round and looked over. so it could just as easily happen to an everyday rider, its way unsafe. oh yea, kenny was alright, he got up and walked away.

04-13-2003, 01:20 PM
it happened to Grant Langsten in a supercross

your wrong it was david pingree unless it happened to langston too,is kenny ok?n that guy alway seemed a lil fruity to me

04-13-2003, 02:07 PM
why is kenny riding a ktm anyway? I know they got some power but those are race bikes.. and why is pastrana on an RM?

look at all these new comers, its CR250 world in the freestyle department :cool:

AtvMxRider
04-13-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
your wrong it was david pingree unless it happened to langston too,is kenny ok?n that guy alway seemed a lil fruity to me

It was Pingree. His motor seized on the take off of the jump and he didn't have enough momentum to clear the jump.

jcv400ex
04-13-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by WOT400ex
why is kenny riding a ktm anyway? I know they got some power but those are race bikes.. and why is pastrana on an RM?

look at all these new comers, its CR250 world in the freestyle department :cool:

The new CR250 is a big POS. No power, and the suspension sucks.....RM walks all over it....and why do you think J McGrath was going to ride a KTM this year??? Sure wasn't because it's the fastest bike, it's all about who gives you the most money and support over the season.

Ryan
04-13-2003, 02:52 PM
Didn't this also happen to Seth Enslow on one of the Crusty videos?

04-13-2003, 02:54 PM
bartram is ridin ktm cuz they back him, the cr cant be that slow ryan capes has a stock motor and a pro circuit pipe and was jumpin 240 ft, oh yeah the hondas have the best handling too

CHAUNCY
04-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Didn't this also happen to Seth Enslow on one of the Crusty videos?

Yep, and he was on a honda.

MILF_HUNTER
04-13-2003, 03:53 PM
bartram a lil fruity. for god sakes he's the cowboy. tough as nails. with an uncle like guy cooper no wonder why he rips as hard as he does.