PDA

View Full Version : what to get hard dirt off engine?

ny300exrider
04-13-2003, 09:36 AM
hey i spent over 3 hours yesterday scrubbing my engine with simple green and a toothbrush and it still didnt come out how i wanted it.the engine had some dirt that is really hard to get off.like it looks like rust but it isnt,its like dirt and grime melted on there.what do you guys use to get your engine so friken clean.i hate having my quad dirty but i cant seem to make it good enough for my liking hehe.people like rippinrider7 who have their quad so fricken nice,what do you use....thanks

KrazyKid300ex
04-13-2003, 10:51 AM
its not going too. i did chit with engine degreaser and now it smokes while burning it off.... god damn pipe still isn't working

Rip_Tear
04-13-2003, 11:33 AM
You will probaly have to polish it, or use something stronger then a tooth brush. If you want it shiny, steel wool does a good job, but it takes a while.

04-13-2003, 02:24 PM
buy an electric pressure washer & wash it every time you are done....it's worth the money

04-13-2003, 03:10 PM
when i got my engine done the guy dipped it in some acid or something to clean it off. now look at my top end compared to my bottom end

kc 300EX
04-13-2003, 03:30 PM
if you dont wanna get too serious..... SOS brillo pad, works great

ridesa02400EX
04-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by fourzerozero
when i got my engine done the guy dipped it in some acid or something to clean it off. now look at my top end compared to my bottom end lol they did that to mine to

danney f
04-13-2003, 10:31 PM
My top end was beed blasted.

try that aluminum wheel cleaner, the real good stuff.
I just powder coated mine so now it just wash's clean with soap and water

QuadTrix6
04-14-2003, 08:29 AM
pressure washer work amazing

TIGER72
04-14-2003, 04:58 PM
TRY EAGLE ONE BRAND ETCHING SPRAY. IT'S A MAG WHEEL CLEANER. I GET IT AT AUTO ZONE FOR $4.99 A BOTTLE. WET DOWN YOUR ENGINE, SPRAY IT ON, LET IT SIT ON THERE FOR 30-60 SECONDS A SPRAY IT OFF. IT WORKS GREAT. IF YOU ARE USING A POWER WASHER OR YOU GO TO THE CAR WASH, IT WORKS EVEN BETTER THAN JUST USING THE GARDEN HOSE.

danney f
04-14-2003, 05:04 PM
Thats the stuff I was thinking of. Couldn't remember what is was called.

EAGLE ONE BRAND ETCHING SPRAY

04-14-2003, 05:14 PM
just buy a powerwasher, spray a strong ge-greaser on it then let it sit for a few minutes, and set the power washer on a medium setting(cuz its on the engine you know) and then blast away, tis what i do, its not perfectly clean like some peoples but the dirst isnt caked on everywhere either, there only dirt in the realy realy tight areas i can never seem to get, and washing after everyride works wonders:D

danney f
04-14-2003, 07:29 PM
I can almost see that head pipe you are wanting done.

04-15-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by danney f
I can almost see that head pipe you are wanting done.

sorry about that, my quad is back together already, it turned out my engine buyilder had everything in stock when i went there yesterday so they did it wjile iw as waiting, its all back together right now, i realy rea;ly wanted to get my header done, but its my spring break this week and i wanted to ride, not wait around for parts while all my friends were having fun

danney f
04-15-2003, 07:24 AM
No problem, just means I might end up haveing time to go ride myself. Glad to hear it all back together and running for you.

ChadEXer
04-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by danney f
Thats the stuff I was thinking of. Couldn't remember what is was called.

EAGLE ONE BRAND ETCHING SPRAY
That is right. Eagle One wheel cleaner with Etching works great. if it wont work then nothing will!! Its got a mild acidic property!! But dont get it on any polished aluminum, it will turn it white!