PDA

View Full Version : Hot cam

CC Rider
04-13-2003, 06:59 AM
Where`s a good place to find them, at a resonable price?
Also, this is the info that came with the cam- "Hot cams are designed as a direct bolt in using stock springs and piston
with the exception of the stage two raptor. However, if a high compression piston is installed you must check piston to valve clearance." I underlined the piston because thats the part that originally concerned me.:confused:

anywhereEx
04-13-2003, 08:13 AM
C&D will send you one for a very reasonable price plus they are the sponsor's. I do not see where you should worry about the piston part of it. Sounds like they are trying to save themselves the cost of a engine due to the ammount of diffrent combo's a engine can be built. They would have to build one every way and check clearances and that would cost a fortune. I has a stage 2 in mine with a Ross 10.8:1 and had no clearance problems what so ever.

MR. HONDA EX'S
04-13-2003, 10:31 AM
I've got a stage 2 in my JE 10.8:1 piston w/ no trouble. I beat the heck out of the bike on sat at the badlands, w/ no problems. And I have stock valves and springs.

RED121572
04-13-2003, 11:30 AM
Hot cams are getting very cheap. Ive seen them on E Bay (buy it now option) for $119.00 The price is so inviting, I almost ordered one lastnight. :)