PDA

View Full Version : What size rims?

beerock
12-21-2001, 12:05 AM
I have a dilemma, I am not sure what size rims to buy.

8x8?
9x9?

I know I wont be able to run 18's if I get a 9x9, but then i wont be able to run the ohtsu tires either.

I also noticed the maxxis tires have more tires in 9" than 8".

The majority manufacturers have more 8" tires.

HELP ME DECIDE!!!

this is a dilemma for me cause I am going to be buying the hi per carbon rims 8x8's or the 9x9's (8x8's will be out in jan)

Im goin nutz here trying to decide!!!! HELP!!!!

what tires do you think I shoudl run?

12-21-2001, 09:52 AM
Beerock I had the same problem when I got new rims. I figured I'd leave the stocker rims and tires alone and consider them trail tires,,,then I went out and bought a set of MX tires and rims,,I now have rims and tires for both types of riding. Get the 8x8 i think.

400exRacerX
12-21-2001, 01:57 PM
Thats exactly what I did, I took the stock tires and rims off and use them for trail riding. Then I went out and bought some 8x8 beadlocks with tamers mounted on them for the rear and douglas red labels with holeshot mx mounted on them for mx.

400MXer
12-21-2001, 02:52 PM
Hi Per is coming out with 8x8's.....sweet. I wouldn't mind a pair of those. but i just bought new beadlocks last season so i think i'll wait till those one fall apart.

If your MXin, i would also go with 8x8. that's what i have. I use my stock rears for trails too. But i couldn't use my stock fronts! i bent them in a really bad wreck.