PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Supercross Last Night!!!!!!!!!!

MxDale71
04-13-2003, 06:00 AM
I went to the Dallas SX race last night and all I can say is that it was fuggin AWESOME! I saw Razorback there and a few other people wearing TQRA and Badlands shirts, and Russ and Danielle who are the owners of Badlands MX, so that was pretty cool.

Anyways, all the races were cool as he11 to watch. Stewart was flying and doing stuff that only the 250 riders were doing, but hey, whats new. That race also wrapped up the championship for him. The 250 main event was, IMO, the best of the series. Carmicheal got the holeshot w/ Reed in about 4th or 5th. Reed quickly worked his way up to RC and after 7 laps, made the pass on him. Reed never pulled away from Ricky but Ricky couldn't gain any ground on him either. A few laps later, RC passed Reed and then it got to the point that they passed each other 3 times in one lap. One corner they came out side by side and then Reed inched RC out and stayed out in front of him for the rest of the race. RC was right on his ***** the entire race... sometimes almost being bar to bar in the corners, but Reed just kept on coming out in front. In the 17th or 18th lap, RC got a little slowed down by a lapper but still wasn't behind by more than 2 seconds. In the end, Reed finished 1st w/ RC following closely behind in 2nd. The 250 Main was so awesome that that race alone was worth the money.

GO CHAD REED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

P.S. Chad Reed is my favorite rider, so him winning made the race that much better.

MX26
04-13-2003, 08:30 AM
Picture time. Scott, did you have the camera with ya??

Who's James Stewart???

MX26
04-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Whoever #259 is, he just straight up left the 125 class ;)

MX26
04-13-2003, 08:38 AM
This kid straight up rails

MX26
04-13-2003, 08:41 AM
This was the battle of the night...

MX26
04-13-2003, 08:48 AM
250 Main gate drop..

MX26
04-13-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm tired of seeing #4 out front, so this is gonna be the last picture I post for today. More maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

#22 takes the lead with style :macho

AtvMxRider
04-13-2003, 09:54 AM
I went to the Nationals at Budds Creek last year and it was almost boring watching James sterwart race he was so far ahead of everyone else. He had a 30 second lead on the field by the 3rd lap. You would see Stewart come flying by and just sit and wiat then everybody else would come by. If you ever get the chance to go see a pro national or supercross I highly recommend going. It is an awesome thing to watch.

MxDale71
04-13-2003, 02:02 PM
I was wondering when you were gonna post some pics David.

HOLY CRAP!!! That was some AWESOME racing.

David - You need to post the pic of Bartram's KTM after he wadded on the big triple.

Razorback
04-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by MX26
Picture time. Scott, did you have the camera with ya??

Who's James Stewart???

Good pics David! And it was great to finally meet you. I didn't figure anybody looked as young as Douwe, but you do too :D At least the racing helps make me feel younger :o

Anyway, no I didn't take my camera this time. I almost always do, but it usually keeps me from some of the action, so I just wanted to watch and enjoy this time. And man, did I enjoy it. The racing was bar none better than it was last year. That 250 main was one of the best races I've ever seen. 6 lead changes in like the first 7 or 8 laps. It was amazing. I think RC has himself some competition now.

I can wait to watch it on TV next weekend to see what the heck happened to Bartram's bike. I know he got tangled up in the mess at the holeshot, and I just wonder if something happened then that caused his bike to break. He almost ran over me in the pit area about 5:30 or so. I was shocked to see him there in the first place, because I didn't know he was racing.

Where were you guys sitting? We were sec. 26, row 12, right in front of the big triple right after the holeshot.

BTW - trip to Wolf Pen Gap is planned for July 11-13. Check the 'where to ride' forum if you're interested in going. Anybody's welcome.

MX26
04-13-2003, 04:13 PM
Bartram endo'd on the big triple down in front of us and snapped his triple clamp. It looked horrendous. I'll attatch a pic with this post.

Scott it was also good to finally meet you. I never suspected to bump into you at a Pro Supercross :) I wish I could fly out to LV and catch the finals. I bet Reed is gonna pour it on!! Carmichael just straight up got out rode this weekend. I plan on going Honda shopping pretty soon Scott, so that trip sounds good to me.

Well, here's the pic...

FourFiftyFour
04-13-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
I went to the Dallas SX race last night and all I can say is that it was fuggin AWESOME! I saw Razorback there and a few other people wearing TQRA and Badlands shirts, and Russ and Danielle who are the owners of Badlands MX, so that was pretty cool.

Anyways, all the races were cool as he11 to watch. Stewart was flying and doing stuff that only the 250 riders were doing, but hey, whats new. That race also wrapped up the championship for him. The 250 main event was, IMO, the best of the series. Carmicheal got the holeshot w/ Reed in about 4th or 5th. Reed quickly worked his way up to RC and after 7 laps, made the pass on him. Reed never pulled away from Ricky but Ricky couldn't gain any ground on him either. A few laps later, RC passed Reed and then it got to the point that they passed each other 3 times in one lap. One corner they came out side by side and then Reed inched RC out and stayed out in front of him for the rest of the race. RC was right on his ***** the entire race... sometimes almost being bar to bar in the corners, but Reed just kept on coming out in front. In the 17th or 18th lap, RC got a little slowed down by a lapper but still wasn't behind by more than 2 seconds. In the end, Reed finished 1st w/ RC following closely behind in 2nd. The 250 Main was so awesome that that race alone was worth the money.

GO CHAD REED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

P.S. Chad Reed is my favorite rider, so him winning made the race that much better.

Wish I coulda made it up there and went with you :( but I had a race I didnt know I was racin until the Sat night before lol,
Dont worry you will be able to buy your bike SOON, b/c im buyin your dale SOON. :) :) :)

MX26
04-14-2003, 06:33 AM
I also caught a really good pic of MxDale71's 'happenin hairstyle'

Razorback
04-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by MX26

LMAO :D he's gonna be upset that you posted his pic ;)

MX26
04-14-2003, 06:39 AM
Another of Reed

MX26
04-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Yeah, well.. I knocked the crap out of him with the car door when we were leaving... It was one of those unexpected ones. Pete was running full speed by our car... I just happened to open the door at the perfect time to knock him into a Suburban, then to a Chevy 1500, then to the asphault:D

MX26
04-14-2003, 11:18 AM
That's Big Pappa Pete in the pic above :)

oh.. Back to the pics of bikes.. Hehe

MX26
04-14-2003, 11:22 AM
That's Pete's dad up above:D

One of my favorite riders right here... Travis Preston

MX26
04-14-2003, 11:23 AM
One of my favorite riders right here... Travis Preston

MX26
04-14-2003, 11:35 AM
I'm not quite sure what drug my computer is taking, but if I could put it in a sack I bet I could make millions.

MxDale71
04-14-2003, 12:04 PM

LMAO!!!! A mullet like that for me will always just be a dream. Unfortunately I don't have straight hair so I would have to grow a frollet.

Good mullet mania pics dude.

MX26
04-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Who said mullet?:eek2:

MX26
04-14-2003, 02:34 PM
Some of "us".. heh

MxDale71
04-14-2003, 03:27 PM
David, who is that guy? I've met him before I think but I can't remember his name.

QuadR8cer12
04-18-2003, 06:31 PM
I went to the supercross and it was pretty sweet. I am surprised I didnt see you guys out there. I saw Rick and Brandon Raymond out there but that was it. We were in the pits for the most of the time. My friend got a chain from someone. It was so hard to get into the pits after the race. we ducked into a hole in the fence and go caught. LOL. They kicked us out then we found someone who was leaving and we got their pit passes and went in. It was cool. I talked to Reed , Carmical, stewart,Bartram, Travis Pastrana and alot of other people. I got a few auto graphs for my lil bro.I also helped James Stewart load up his trailer. They were so happy for getting the # 1 plate!I also saw Sean Hackley and talked to him for a while.

MX26
04-19-2003, 04:12 AM
Cool dude. Where did you sit? We were in section 12, row 42

QuadR8cer12
04-20-2003, 06:45 AM
we were sitting in section 14 but we moved to anothersection because they were better seats,

P.S. heres is what happened to me this weekend...., i got 2nd place on friday at village. i shoulda had first overal but in the first moto i was in fist and my throttel stuck wide open so i gotlast that moto. then here is the bad news....on saturday i was out at badlands and i got firdt then in the second moto me and josh everslo or something like that we were racing really good and i was infront of him and then he landed on me off of this jump and we got our wheels locked,then we got apart real quick and he got infont of me. then he cept on blocking me and i couldnt find a way around him so i went for the biggest jump out there...i jumped over him and about 10 ft past the landind.it is a 70 ft triple. i flat landed and i had to turn reallty quick to miss a 3ft pile of dirt that is just sitting ther and it got on 2 wheels and i flipped and broke my right arm in 2 places. so i am going to be out for a while. i will post a pic of my quad later.. everyone said they had never seen anyone jump any jump out there andget as high as i did...quad or dirt bike...

QuadR8cer12
04-20-2003, 07:13 AM
here are some pics

QuadR8cer12
04-20-2003, 07:16 AM
:(

QuadR8cer12
04-20-2003, 07:18 AM

MX26
04-20-2003, 09:06 AM
Time for a new stem. Sucks about your arm though dude. Good luck.:macho

nacsEX
04-20-2003, 09:17 AM
i watched the race on espn yesterday, really fun to watch. way to go Reed, only 16 more points i think.

QuadR8cer12
04-20-2003, 10:18 AM
yeah i allready had one ordered last week and some new bars...

QuAdRaCeR244
04-20-2003, 01:49 PM
great pics! who is that girl in the 3rd post on this page?:blah

MX26
04-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Her name is Haley.... Yeah..:macho

I watched the race yesterday on ESPN... Man it was almost as exciting watching it on TV as in person, but not quite. I know they ran the camera over where we were sitting a few times, but we never saw ourselves.. That figures.

I hope Reed wins the title.

Razorback
04-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
we were sitting in section 14 but we moved to anothersection because they were better seats,

P.S. heres is what happened to me this weekend...., i got 2nd place on friday at village. i shoulda had first overal but in the first moto i was in fist and my throttel stuck wide open so i gotlast that moto. then here is the bad news....on saturday i was out at badlands and i got firdt then in the second moto me and josh everslo or something like that we were racing really good and i was infront of him and then he landed on me off of this jump and we got our wheels locked,then we got apart real quick and he got infont of me. then he cept on blocking me and i couldnt find a way around him so i went for the biggest jump out there...i jumped over him and about 10 ft past the landind.it is a 70 ft triple. i flat landed and i had to turn reallty quick to miss a 3ft pile of dirt that is just sitting ther and it got on 2 wheels and i flipped and broke my right arm in 2 places. so i am going to be out for a while. i will post a pic of my quad later.. everyone said they had never seen anyone jump any jump out there andget as high as i did...quad or dirt bike...

Dang man! Sorry to hear about that :( Hope your arm is going to be OK. The quad can be repaired, so I'm just glad you weren't hurt worse. Get better soon.

QuAdRaCeR244
04-20-2003, 02:50 PM
she's hott:devil

QuadR8cer12
04-21-2003, 08:49 AM
yeah i am going in for surgery on friday