PDA

View Full Version : chains which one?

honda250xrider
04-13-2003, 01:28 AM
well i couldn't find any threads on this one, so i know my chain is do for a replacing and to me all the chains just about seem alike. I have a sidewinder chain on mine right now, im not sure if i should go with the chain again, i know this isn't the most talked about thing on a fourwheeler but really can make a difference, you need a chain to be strong and hold up, also need a chain thats easy and quick to replace if you break it, the only thing that is leading me back to my sidewinder chain is that it has no o-rings and that helps to change masterlinks alot easier without fidling with the o-rings trying to make them stay in there? just wondering what kind of chain you guys run and what are the problems you have had with them if any? thanks

trailburner
04-13-2003, 02:14 AM
DID or RK, work great!!!make sure that your sprockets are in very good shape or your going to eat that new chain wright up, & i would never put a none oring chain on my quad it will streach really fast, oring chains [I feel] are alot better for quads, they last alot longer... ;)

wheeltrax
04-13-2003, 03:54 AM
try either the D.I.D or RK x ring chains. I guess they dont stretch easily and are stronger then o ring chains. Im not sure if this is true or not, i have never used one, but i would try one.