PDA

View Full Version : X-Rider

4punksdad
04-13-2003, 01:16 AM
quite some time ago, when X-rider first joined the forum he listed a set of 400ex rims and tires for sale. The tred was marginal and one tire was said to have a tube in it. His ad mentioned one small dent on the inside of one rim that was "barely noticeable".........

I didn't care about the tred so much, or the tubed tire since I was more interested in the rims. I sent the money and he sent the rims.........that part went fine.

The problem came when I got the rims. I immediately notice this "small dent". It looked more like the rim had been collapsed and beat back out with a hammer. I suspect the tire had a tube because the bead would no longer seat properly on a tubeless tire. The dent was visible both inside and outside the rim. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and actually mount the rims. I jacked up the bike & installed them both. Not only did the bent rim wobble, but the other rim had a serious wobble too!

I contacted X-rider right away. He at first didn't want to refund my money. I even offered to keep the one marginal rim and tire if he only wanted to refund 1/2 my money. He didn't want to do that either. He suggested the rims wobbled because my axle was bent! :eek2: Then he deleted his ad in the classified forum. Since at that time he only had around 12 feedback I feared that I had been taken for my money. He eventually refunded 100% of my money and I sent his rims and tires back.

moral of the story..................his product was NOT as described and he was not very willing to make it right.

pictures to prove it..............notice one pic is of the inside of the rim, and the other is of the outside of the rim. This rim took a hard hit and was junk.

4punksdad
04-13-2003, 01:17 AM
inside the rim

4punksdad
04-13-2003, 01:26 AM
what keeps this tube from spinning in the rim????

not exactly the correct tube either.........

Foxrage
04-14-2003, 07:06 AM
Everyone has there good and there bad I have bought off him he gave me a killer deal and gave me tiem to get the money and everythoing else when i got his axle it was in the condition he said it was in. Im just trying to point out that everyone gets better and some get worse. X-rider is still a great guy to deal with.

trx400ex
04-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Me and Xrider have had numerous good deals, ive bought and sold some stuff to him.....Like fox said...sometimes there is a bad deal due to a misunderstading.....i dont know, maybe he just doesnt like you:blah J/K

Evan
04-14-2003, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately we all make mistakes some point in time in our life, mine was dealing with Joe.

There is some fishy details of Joes side of the story, as u know there are 2 sides to every story.

First off, yes it was my first time selling something on the net, I didnt have a digi cam yet, I described them the best I could, he asked if the dent hurt performance, I said no it was on the inside and u couldnt see it, I explained to him what happend, my tire shop dented it takin it off, and that it would not seat, so i had a tube put in. He said no problem he was running them on his wifes bike it wouldnt matter that much. Keep in mind I was selling these reasonably cheap for 100 bucks. I ran these tires/rims no problem, what so ever, they were just laying around and i didnt need them so i decided to sell em. He gets them, says they wobble on the bike when its off the ground, well if u pick ur rear end up and run it through the gears, heck yea its gonna wobble some.-more on that later. So he says well, I want half my money back cuz they are not worth 100$, made no mention of sending the other rim back etc. He got angry when i told him that was not a fair deal, and them demanded his money back, so in order to keep peace I agreed to send the money back if he would pay to have them shipped back, keep in mind this was my first deal on the net, I had no idea what i was doing. Well then I get something from his wife saying something about they couldnt find my address or something and that they were just shipping them back to my shippin place. What kind of deal is that, and some story about standing in a long line at the shipping place with 3 kids.. Like that had any reference to what was going on. When I got the rims back, I mounted them inspected for a wobble,, none, they were not bent other than the spot on the inside, I truly belive he made an error in his judgement and decided he didnt want them, its not my fault, he made the dicision. I am a honest straight up guy as most know, the last thing I want to do is screw someone, cuz ive been screwed to many times b4, including this time. So Joe, let me tell u, I didnt have to send ur money back, u should be thanking me for saving ur error in judgement, if I had to do it over again, if it was someone else I would gladly return there money, but not u Joe, u screwd me, and I wont forget it. I say again, this is the only member on here I have ever had trouble dealing with in buying/selling something.

Anyone interested, check out this thread http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=44501&highlight=xrider

4punksdad
04-15-2003, 12:01 AM
we all make mistakes x-rider......................I take some of the blame for purchasing your rims sight unseen. You too should take some blame for not describing them accurately. We can all see the pics. The end result of the deal was I got my money back and you got your rims. NOBODY got screwed..........................but it caused us both lost money in shipping and grief.

I have no ill feelings about it...........but it made me more cautious about my purchases from exriders members.