PDA

View Full Version : 416- Stronger Valve Springs?Y/N

CC Rider
04-12-2003, 08:46 PM
I just got a ross piston and a hot cam stage 2 and its going to be 11:1 compression. Ive been reading up and have found that some people say that stronger springs are a must , and some say that theyare not necessary. Can anyone help me out!! Thanks

Ketch
04-12-2003, 09:08 PM
I'm doing the same thing 87mm Ross I have been running a stage 2 and i'm allso doing a port an polish so I'm going to use a set of kibble white Spring too just for Insurance. Some engine builder say you don't need them I like to live on the save side.:cool:

zfire_28
04-12-2003, 09:16 PM
I got em, and my je 10.8:1 piston, and web cam are milder than your set up. I say get em....can't hurt......port it too.

RED121572
04-13-2003, 04:02 AM
If hot cams says you can run stock springs, why get anything different? Insurance? Insurance against what??

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide!:D

300exazzkikr
04-13-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by RED121572
If hot cams says you can run stock springs, why get anything different? Insurance? Insurance against what??

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide!:D

Insurance against what?...maybe a broken spring which could very well happen. broken spring= no good. I would do it just in case.

CC Rider
04-13-2003, 07:02 AM
Where`s a good place to find them, at a resonable price?
Also, this is the info that came with the cam- "Hot cams are designed as a direct bolt in using stock springs and piston
with the exception of the stage two raptor. However, if a high compression piston is installed you must check piston to valve clearance." I underlined the piston because thats the part that originally concerned me.

RED121572
04-13-2003, 08:28 AM
If you decide to go with aftermarket springs, WB's sells em. I went with a set of new stockers not long ago. I got the stockers through my dealer. Good luck!

BigThumper33
04-13-2003, 11:08 AM
TC recommended that I run stock springs with his GNCC grind cam. Got it back together yesterday with a 416 ROSS piston, runs great... If they recommend not running heavy duty, then ya don't have to!

JD400exrider
04-13-2003, 12:20 PM
I would aggree with big thumper. I was ready to shell out the money on new kibble white springs with tit. retainers for my 416 with the HRC cam. The builders i talked to including the one I was going to buy the springs from. They all told me to keep running with the stock springs. If Hot cams says it is OK to run with stock rockers and springs I would. Hevier springs can put more wear on your rockers. I was told if you want a little more seat pressure on the valve install two retainers inplace of one and that will give you a little more spring pressure.

If you decide to buy springs XR's only sells them. I think the Kibble white springs with Tit. retainers was like 100.00 R&D springs 150.00+ They also sell the hot cam. Someone you may ask. There is a link to their web site at the link section of this site

Good Luck

Ketch
04-13-2003, 05:57 PM
CC Rider look at the top of the page they go by the name of CD raceing there 80.00 or 85.00 from them. And if your going to change your Rev box the springs be will be good insuraces too.:cool: