PDA

View Full Version : Does this look right? RICO

DESDAK4
04-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Well I installed my new muscle stabilizer and rode with it all day today. It works great but I had to install it different than the pic in the directions and was woundering what you guys thought.

Thanks
Jay
USAF
AMMO

DESDAK4
04-12-2003, 06:34 PM

DESDAK4
04-12-2003, 06:35 PM

Sorry the pics are kinda bad, I was in a hurry to go ride:D

Jay
USAF
AMMO

JD400exrider
04-12-2003, 06:41 PM
I'm not rico but I do have a muscle stablizer.

It looks a little different than mine. The frame bracket is not turned that far, although the bottom line is as long as it does not bind in either direction when you turn the wheel and it gets full movement on the rod running in and out it should be fine. I know it took me a while to get it so it would work right.
(Let Rico see it he should know. He is a big help. )

Are you running a oversize oil tank with it? If so what brand. I would like to put a larger oil tank on my ride as long as i know it will fit.

DESDAK4
04-12-2003, 06:48 PM
That was just ment so he would look. Thanks for the input. I worked with it for awhile last night and then again this morning but there was no way I was missing the ride. It worked real smooth and I was able to get over stuff alot faster. No, I do not have an over size oil tank yet.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

JD400exrider
04-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Sounds good. Your arms will fell alot better. :D Are you running a over size oil tank?

DESDAK4
04-12-2003, 07:02 PM
No oil tank yet and yes my arms felt alot better.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

infantry317
04-13-2003, 03:57 AM
I've got mine like that also, it hit my AC bumper otherwise. Works fine. :)

Dave400ex
04-13-2003, 04:29 AM
Yep I got my Denton like that it works just fine...

DESDAK4
04-13-2003, 05:21 AM
Cool thanks for the replys guys. I know it worked great yesterday but I just wanted to double check with some of the EXriders knowledge.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Mine is mounted a little different than that. I am sure that it is fine as long as there is no bind, I did have the PEP on mine till I put the UM oil tank on and would not work good thing Colby did not need his :devil :devil :blah

By the way really like the bigger oil tank especially when I put the side case on the flywheel side I kind of boogered up the gasket and did not know it and went riding yesterday and it was leaking. god thing I had a larger tank :eek2:

04-14-2003, 02:52 AM
yup, as long as their is no bind it will work great, the picture they give you with it is horrible, i could barely tell how it went on with that pic, i ended up going to a freinds house and looking at his denton, then it took me 2 hours to get it back on and perfectly lined up, but it was well worth it now

Doibugu2
04-14-2003, 03:08 AM
I tried setting mine up that way. But for the life of me, I couldn't get it to clear the oil lines. They just kept getting in the way. I finally said screw it and put it on the other side. There is only one thing it has to clear. I guess if it doesn't bind, your all good. Stupid this is a pain to install.

DESDAK4
04-14-2003, 05:47 AM
It did take me alot longer to install than I wanted it to but after getting on line and looking at Rico's I got it squared away and it worked great.

Jay
USAF
AMMO