PDA

View Full Version : Totaled Z400 pics...OUCH!

hotrodhonda400
04-12-2003, 04:40 PM
I found some pics while browseing the Z forum, apparently a guy got hit by a Nissan truck and they were both doing at least 40 MPH. OUCH:(

hotrodhonda400
04-12-2003, 04:41 PM

hotrodhonda400
04-12-2003, 04:41 PM

04-12-2003, 04:45 PM
yikes if that was a honda it would only have a small scratch on the fender

exriderdude
04-12-2003, 05:01 PM
sweet:huh

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Suzuki for ya :devil

born-to-race
04-12-2003, 05:11 PM
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :eek2:

AZblaster44
04-12-2003, 05:28 PM
I know that guy, it really suck for him cause he has over 6g(i believe) in after market stuff ordered. He's looking for another Z around 4500 but hasnt found one yet.

Paul400ex2002
04-12-2003, 05:31 PM
yea and can you believe he's salvaged almost 3 grand from the parts of that wreck? And believe it or not the motor actually survived the impact of the wreck.

bluebaron
04-12-2003, 05:35 PM
omg thats crazy:eek:

Honda4trax250x
04-12-2003, 05:47 PM
that must of left a mark

04-12-2003, 06:28 PM
HAHA i bet he learn his lesson about the only way a quad and a truck mix is if the quad is in the back

Paul400ex2002
04-12-2003, 06:34 PM
just FYI, the owner was not riding the bike at the time, he let his best friend ride it, honestly the only person he would let ride it, and it just happened to be the one time a nasty wreck happened. The guy was not wearing a helmet, which he does on every other occasion, but this was the one time he didn't. Despite this, he ended up with no neck or head injuries, although he was pretty messed up other than that.

Leo
04-13-2003, 01:55 AM
That sucks.. Good to hear the rider wasn't killed..

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET..

Anyone know how it happened?

Leo

-=Skot=-
04-13-2003, 02:06 AM
thank god he's wasen't killed, :eek:

2k2-300exnj
04-13-2003, 02:40 AM
holy ***** itt looks like a pretzel

04-13-2003, 02:51 AM
:eek: hope everyone is ok

Glow Plug
04-13-2003, 09:20 AM
that's cool :huh

blondie69
04-13-2003, 10:10 AM
holy chit:eek2: looks like fun....

AtvMxRider
04-13-2003, 10:47 AM
One more reason why I don't let anyone ride my quad.

Mr_Bub400ex
04-13-2003, 11:22 AM
i looked at that and had to put my food down. i seriously felt woozy... that sucks

AZblaster44
04-13-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Leo
Anyone know how it happened?

Leo

The owner had turned away for a min. and his friend jumped on it and rode off. He crossed a road doing about 40mph and got t-boned my a truck doing about the same mph. I can't really remember the rest of the datails but the guy ridding had to get his lower left leg reconstructed and was in ICU for a little over a week, I don't know how he's doing now though it was a few months ago..

RED121572
04-13-2003, 11:54 AM
:eek2:

Rip_Tear
04-13-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
lol^
That really sucks! I was going to ask what happened to the guy, but you already answered that. Looks like a few things are saveable off it. And like Leo said, always wear your helmet, you just never know, I know sometimes its unavoidable (like I drove out 4 hours to look at my 400ex, and somehow forgot to bring a helmet, but I wasnt not going to test ride it first... etc).

RuffRyder400ex
04-13-2003, 12:48 PM
that sucks for whos ever quad that is.

Giz400ex
04-13-2003, 01:11 PM
WOW:eek: :eek: Thank God he's alive!!!

Z400central
04-13-2003, 01:44 PM
That would be a member from my site, his name is Zhvonte...His friend was riding his bike in the street without a helmet...he got hit by a truck going i believe 40 MPH..the quad was pretty much a total lose, only thing left good on it was the engine. His friend is ok now, but he was in the hospitol for a while, and i believe had a few operations..Ill let the guy explain it to ya! But thank god hes ok!!

Brad
04-13-2003, 01:51 PM
holy chit that thing is totaled sux to b the 1 who runs into a nissan

04-13-2003, 02:03 PM
yeah, i read about that a while back.. he has alot of parts for that thing ordered...ex>big bore kit and a whole bunch of goodies..

DaveEX7
04-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
One more reason why I don't let anyone ride my quad.

Im with ya on that one Jer.

And then my friends go "ahh come on i wont wreck it", ya then i tell them to buy ur own $5000 machine.

AtvMxRider
04-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by SpeedDemin85

And then my friends go "ahh come on i wont wreck it", ya then i tell them to buy ur own $5000 machine.

Exactly I don't work my *** off everyday to have somebody else tear my chit up. If it's going to get tore up I'd rather it be me doing it.

04-13-2003, 03:14 PM
i only let somebody ride mine if i ride theres too and if they mess mine up there payin for it or im gettint heres

Brad
04-13-2003, 03:20 PM
is that a new CT racing exaust?

DaveEX7
04-16-2003, 03:06 PM
i only let somebody ride mine if i ride theres too and if they mess mine up there payin for it or im gettint heres

I used to do that, but now I just dont let any one ride it, and if they try to take it.... i gotta 6 inch knife waitin for them.

Bretmd94
04-16-2003, 03:26 PM
I only let freinds ride mine in the dunes. And thats people that own their own quads.

Brad
04-16-2003, 03:27 PM
a kid i know is the only one who rides mine and he payse me 20$ per 15 min its so kool

DEWIE
04-16-2003, 04:35 PM

Yea right:D

cudaman
04-16-2003, 06:38 PM
its definetely smart to not let people use your expensicve stuff unless you know they can pay for repairs. shoot i dont even let ANYONE drive my r/c car and were only talking a few hundred dollars!

250EXking
04-17-2003, 03:04 AM
i dont think he hit a truck. i think the suzuki fell apart.:D hopefully the guy was alright.

DaveEX7
04-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Brad
a kid i know is the only one who rides mine and he payse me 20$ per 15 min its so kool

Hmm, maybe i should start my own business:blah

Zhvonte
04-18-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Brad
is that a new CT racing exaust?

yes, that is a ct racing exhaust

cool 300ex
04-18-2003, 05:35 AM
Wow thats bad!!!

Zhvonte
04-18-2003, 05:37 AM
I know many of you are just joking on being bias because its a suzuki and not a honda. I do thank the many of you who expresses your concerns about my friend's condition. The news media had a f**kin field day on this one..... Sure doesn't help us any......

There are bits and pieces of the ordeal mentioned in this thread and I am going to clarify some of them. A close friend of mine who has been riding for over fifthteen years, many of them on mx track, was the one who rode my quad. He is the only one of two people I would ever allow to even touch my quad, let alone riding it. We were having some jetting issues, and he helped solved them. He got on to do a simple test ride, go out about a couple hundred yards and back. There were these two dirtbike who pulled in front of him, causing him to steer into the dirtroad. This is what caused him to get struck by the truck. Although the driver of the truck was not cited, I feel he is mostly responsible for the accident because he was doing over 40 mph on the dirtroad where the speed limit is 15. Even with a handful of witnesses descibing his high rate of speed and endangerment, but because its a dirt road, they have no way to indicate his rate of speed. They did however cited my friend for riding a quad on a dirt road without being licensed. So believe me, we have a lot of pissed off OHV'ers that are very aroused by this. His injuries were life threatening, the most severe being to the lower right leg. Outside of all the other related injuries, upto date, they have performed six reconstructive surguries on his lower right leg. In regards to the other sustaining injuries, he is actaully healing quite well. He is very fortunate indeed not to have any major head or neck injuries from this mishaps. Although he is now out of the hospital, he still has a long road of recovery (physical therapy) ahead of him.

As for my quad, its far worst than the pictures posted. I do not have zoom on my camera so these pictures dont really do justice. Remarkably, I was able to salvage the engine alone with a handful of other parts. The frame is a total loss however. Most of the money I have gotton from parting out was from the engine. Eveything else was merely "nickel and dime". I do have a big investment on my aftermarket parts and I am grateful the only major aftermarket part on the quad was the exhaust pipe and pro armor skid/nerf. I do have a new LRD frame on order, so when the time comes, I will be putting it together. Hopefully I will not have to wait much longer to get back to riding and help everyone support our OHV rights. Thanks again for the many of you who expresses concern about his condition and should this remain an active topic, I can update this thread as needed.

airheadedduner
04-18-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by 250EXking
i dont think he hit a truck. i think the suzuki fell apart.:D hopefully the guy was alright.
That sounds even funnier from someone who rides a 250EX:o

That sucks that happened. But wait, you have a motor. All you gotta do now is call up every aftermarket company on the planet and add everything they have to offer on to it.

If I had the money I would be riding a Z. Of course by have the money I mean build a trick one. Friends don't let friends ride stock bikes.:devil

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-18-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Zhvonte
I know many of you are just joking on being bias because its a suzuki and not a honda. I do thank the many of you who expresses your concerns about my friend's condition. The news media had a f**kin field day on this one..... Sure doesn't help us any......

There are bits and pieces of the ordeal mentioned in this thread and I am going to clarify some of them. A close friend of mine who has been riding for over fifthteen years, many of them on mx track, was the one who rode my quad. He is the only one of two people I would ever allow to even touch my quad, let alone riding it. We were having some jetting issues, and he helped solved them. He got on to do a simple test ride, go out about a couple hundred yards and back. There were these two dirtbike who pulled in front of him, causing him to steer into the dirtroad. This is what caused him to get struck by the truck. Although the driver of the truck was not cited, I feel he is mostly responsible for the accident because he was doing over 40 mph on the dirtroad where the speed limit is 15. Even with a handful of witnesses descibing his high rate of speed and endangerment, but because its a dirt road, they have no way to indicate his rate of speed. They did however cited my friend for riding a quad on a dirt road without being licensed. So believe me, we have a lot of pissed off OHV'ers that are very aroused by this. His injuries were life threatening, the most severe being to the lower right leg. Outside of all the other related injuries, upto date, they have performed six reconstructive surguries on his lower right leg. In regards to the other sustaining injuries, he is actaully healing quite well. He is very fortunate indeed not to have any major head or neck injuries from this mishaps. Although he is now out of the hospital, he still has a long road of recovery (physical therapy) ahead of him.

As for my quad, its far worst than the pictures posted. I do not have zoom on my camera so these pictures dont really do justice. Remarkably, I was able to salvage the engine alone with a handful of other parts. The frame is a total loss however. Most of the money I have gotton from parting out was from the engine. Eveything else was merely "nickel and dime". I do have a big investment on my aftermarket parts and I am grateful the only major aftermarket part on the quad was the exhaust pipe and pro armor skid/nerf. I do have a new LRD frame on order, so when the time comes, I will be putting it together. Hopefully I will not have to wait much longer to get back to riding and help everyone support our OHV rights. Thanks again for the many of you who expresses concern about his condition and should this remain an active topic, I can update this thread as needed.

I am very sorry man, about my previous post concerning Suzuki, that was just a joke...kind of at a bad time too :( Sorry about that.

QuAdRaCeR244
04-18-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
that's cool :huh

yeah it kinda is:eek2: :huh

DaveEX7
04-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Wasnt too cool for the rider.

toby400ex
04-18-2003, 12:21 PM
would insurance have covered that, good to hear the righter is alive:eek:

Brad
04-18-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SpeedDemin85
Hmm, maybe i should start my own business:blah

he was down at our pit on a mountain bike and practically begging for a ride so i said "how much ya got" and he said 20 so i took fourth the opportunity

DaveEX7
04-18-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
would insurance have covered that, good to hear the righter is alive:eek:

It should have, unless he jumped offa cliff with the quad, then they wouldnt cover it.

And if they dont help the poor guy out, he'l be recoverin and payin for a while.

AZblaster44
04-18-2003, 02:11 PM
He didn't have insurance on the quad and the guy in the truck didn't either.

DaveEX7
04-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by AZblaster44
He didn't have insurance on the quad and the guy in the truck didn't either.

Now thats royally sucks.

Zhvonte
04-18-2003, 04:13 PM
It's unfortunate I didnt have insurance on the z400. With his hospital bill already exceeding one million dollars, I am glad he has good medical benefits. I guarentee you that my next quad (building a z400 on raceframe) I am gonna insure it for 20 grand.

DaveEX7
04-21-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Zhvonte
It's unfortunate I didnt have insurance on the z400. With his hospital bill already exceeding one million dollars, I am glad he has good medical benefits. I guarentee you that my next quad (building a z400 on raceframe) I am gonna insure it for 20 grand.

How long was he in the hospital?

Oh jeez...... I got the extended warenty on mine rite after the original one ended so if I break anything, they would fix it for free.

300exjuggalo
04-21-2003, 04:29 AM
i got hit buy a car too, but i learned a he!! of a lot from that, my honda only had a cracked frame ,and its fixed, and i got hit going like 40-60, im lucky as hell, but that honda held up like a mo fo , that suzuki , fell apart alllot compared to mine, nothin was wrong but a crack , (fixed now)