PDA

View Full Version : Prep me.... so I don't get sticker shock

Woodsrider
04-12-2003, 02:10 PM
I need new front shocks.. I'm just a recreational trail rider. Poker runs and private tracks. I'm thinkin' Works dual rate or triple rates. No rezzies. How much should I expect to spend?

Pappy
04-12-2003, 02:31 PM
elka dual rate no rezzies...should be just at or just under $500

KandK952
04-12-2003, 02:40 PM
I believe if you buy new from works themselves or a works dealer or something... duals w/o reservoirs are like 320 or so, and tripple w/o reseroirs are maybe 380. These are guestimates. They are probably in a decently close range, but not exact.

stocktires
04-12-2003, 03:17 PM
I strongly advise rezzys if your gonna be riding hard for any extended amount of time.

Woodsrider
04-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
I strongly advise rezzys if your gonna be riding hard for any extended amount of time.

I wont be riding that hard, On the track I take about four laps and I head in for a frosty one. If I am on a poker run the average speed is only 9 to 12 MPH.

I figure if need rezzies, I'll add them later. I have never had a problem with the stockers fading out, untill the one started to blow out. But since the broke, might as well upgrade. If I can afford it. $400 is about all I can muster. I just dropped some pretty big dough on a new Snap On tool box the wife wasnt too keen on :rolleyes:

stocktires
04-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
I wont be riding that hard, On the track I take about four laps and I head in for a frosty one. If I am on a poker run the average speed is only 9 to 12 MPH.

I figure if need rezzies, I'll add them later. I have never had a problem with the stockers fading out, untill the one started to blow out. But since the broke, might as well upgrade. If I can afford it. $400 is about all I can muster. I just dropped some pretty big dough on a new Snap On tool box the wife wasnt too keen on :rolleyes:

mmmm...snap-on
Not cheap stuff at all. We're a purty big dealer. The tool boxes are like a work of art, lol

good luck on the shocks! Works should suit you just fine, like they have done to me. You'll see what you've been missing out on with the stockers.

Woodsrider
04-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
mmmm...snap-on
Not cheap stuff at all. .

Not at all..... But I got a smokin deal on a KRL-1003 with a butcher block top, in black for $1500 plus my ten year old KRA-661 trade in. :D

JD400exrider
04-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Just got mine from C&D I think they were 330.00.
Works Tripple Rates Non Rezies.

Good price Good Service