PDA

View Full Version : my boy...

boonovies
04-12-2003, 02:03 PM
9 weeks old monday... he's huge

i thought id tell you about my progress with training him for duck hunting... since guys flip over the fact im a chick and i hunt.

i brought him for a walk in the trails and brought him to the lake. he went right in. so thats good that i dont have to struggle with the swimming part. he swims pretty good for 9weeks (monday).

i also started the gun process... i fed him outside and shot a few times and he didnt even budge. he would just look up to see what i shot at.

also ive been working with him on the sit command. and he's doing pretty good. he knows come by whistle now. when i started telling him to come, i would say come and do 3 whistles with my mouth, now i just whistle with my mouth and he comes running. so once he starts sitting good, im going to do the 1 blast of the whistle and get him with that.

Woodsrider
04-12-2003, 02:18 PM
You got a winner! I love labs, I hunt upland bird. I am training a golden retriever now for this seasons first out. I put my lab to rest last year and lost the battle for a new dog and we got a golden instead of the silver lab that I wanted.:grr

Enjoy the dog, and the pepperoni. I hate water fowl, wont even waste the shot on it:blah

p@iNn3ck
04-12-2003, 02:21 PM
right on, a chick hooked on quack! Took my wife once.....she shot a crow while I was takin a leak...:D She never went again, wasn't fond of the "wade and shoot".

Nice lookin pup too, them labs grow like mad. We had one that was 75 pounds before she was a year, but she wasnt much of a hunter, just ate everything in site (hammer, fishing reel, soda can, shovel, and a couple .22 shells) nutty farm dog.

Have fun with the training, takes a TON of patience.

Leo
04-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by boonovies
i brought him for a walk in the trails and brought him to the lake. he went right in. so thats good that i dont have to struggle with the swimming part. he swims pretty good for 9weeks (monday).

Is their such a thing as a lab that doesn't have a water fetish?

Although ours have no formal hunting training they have become very adept at coming home with partridge and chipmunk :D Strange. (we have 2, ones 8yrs ones 2yrs)..

Leo

boonovies
04-12-2003, 03:12 PM
some people have problems with their labs not liking water or cant swim.

CBW
04-12-2003, 03:23 PM
I know its way off topic,,,,,,,,,,,but i just had to add.........that my little guy.....doesnt hunt much, hasnt been to a lake yet (they are drying up), but loves to fetch the empty pop and milk bottles...and run after me while i am on the mini quads.........

.....and when he gets tired........takes a nap in the shower:D :p

CBW
04-12-2003, 03:26 PM
then after a relaxing shower,,,,,,,,,,,,makes himself comfortable on the couch........

Honda4trax250x
04-12-2003, 03:31 PM
my cousins hav the same kind of dog (boston terrier i think) tha things a nut all it does is bark and run around aimlessly but all around hes a really cool dog

CBW
04-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
my cousins hav the same kind of dog (boston terrier i think) tha things a nut all it does is bark and run around aimlessly but all around hes a really cool dog

Boston terrier.......yes....but mine is a bit more behaved or relaxed,,however you want to put it,,,,,, than that........:D :D

But i sure can get him all excited wneh its time to play....

....but then with one word he is calm and ready to just lounge around..........

CBW
04-12-2003, 03:39 PM
OOPS........wrong pic......:o

Tommy 17
04-12-2003, 03:53 PM
my old golden retriever would run after chip munks and squirrels... run them down... grabb them by the head and flick them over her back breakin their necks... then she'd let them lay there... it was crazy there was no animals left by my house from it....

to bad she got hit by a car :(

my new golden well its 7 and has mouth cancer now is worthless it lays around 2 much... never does anything

400exRacerX
04-12-2003, 04:19 PM
I had a black lab, it loved the water too. If i let it outside ungaurded and it disappeared, I automatically went to the lake and it would be there swimming. It amazingly lived til 18 years old. Man I miss that dog.:(

04-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by CBW
OOPS........wrong pic......:o
U SICKO DO U ENJOY HAVING YOUR DOG POSE NUDE FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPHES?! HAHA just playin

04-14-2003, 02:08 AM
If only they stayed that small for a longer period of time..they grow up to fast and to big but still think they only wiegh 5 lbs when they wiegh 70...

Here's a funny pic I took of Rico right in the middle of a full body shake...lmfao

YLW400
04-14-2003, 02:27 AM
My wife and I just got on a list and out down a deposit for an English lab, black. They have the big ol' block heads on them. They should be born by now. I will post some pics when we get him

400exTN
04-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Here's our little guy. He will be two next month.

04-14-2003, 10:46 AM
i dont got n e pics but i got a Brindle Colored Pitbull. she is worth like 200 to 300 dollars without papers and i got her for free i mihgt get some pics but i duno

04-14-2003, 10:47 AM
nice pup:devil

kabd69667
04-14-2003, 11:27 AM
I remember when you first got that dog Rico....Then you found out he had something wrong with him (a disease or somethign...can't quite remember). But it seems like he got over it well:)

Rip_Tear
04-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Puppies are cool, I like inside dogs, friendly and relaxed :D I don't know if I will ever get a dog when I move out because my allergies... But we have a Black and white Canadian Husky! She is super hyper!!!

We used to have a black lab that HATED the water, we dont know why, but I just had to add that, werid eh?