PDA

View Full Version : dead kick in 250""

R-Crazy
04-12-2003, 01:53 PM
when i kicked my 250 over today (after about 20 kicks, then realizong the kill switch wasnt in:rolleyes: :blah ) i had a few "dead kicks" when it felt like there was no "catch' in the kick. I happend maybe twice. It has happened to some of my friends bikes, but i was just wondering what it was.

dave

stocktires
04-12-2003, 02:39 PM
define "dead kick"
Like the spark plug isn't in??? :huh
Mine used to sometimes completely lock up half way through the kick.

R-Crazy
04-12-2003, 02:58 PM
NO, nothing that serios, but you will kick it and it will not "catch" and it does nothing, then the next kick it is fine. I dont think there is anything wrong, but i was just curios to see if it happened to others.

dave

stocktires
04-12-2003, 03:02 PM
so basically, you kick it and there is resistance, the motor turns over, ect.
It feels like the kick switch isnt in? Mine has that also. Mine would do it exactly 1 time, then fire up perfectly.

toby400ex
04-12-2003, 03:16 PM
a freind of mine has a mojave that the kick start doesnt catch anymore, maybe its a bad gear or something:huh

R-Crazy
04-12-2003, 03:17 PM
yea, cept mine doesnt fire the first time (im a small guy and a sh*t load of compression is hard to get a good kick on). but thanx.

dave

stocktires
04-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by R-Crazy
yea, cept mine doesnt fire the first time (im a small guy and a sh*t load of compression is hard to get a good kick on). but thanx.

dave

I hear ya bro! I'm 138lbs (6'-6'1'' tall though, :D ) last time I checked, and my R has a brand new top-end and a cool head with a 19cc dome (as far as compression goes).

300exazzkikr
04-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
I hear ya bro! I'm 138lbs (6'-6'1'' tall though, :D ) last time I checked, and my R has a brand new top-end and a cool head with a 19cc dome (as far as compression goes).

DAM you need to put some weight on. I think that dead kick feeling is when the piston is going down the cylinder, thats why it feels weird because their isn't as much compression as when it is goin towards TDC. not sure but it makes sense.

stocktires
04-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 300exazzkikr
DAM you need to put some weight on. I think that dead kick feeling is when the piston is going down the cylinder, thats why it feels weird because their isn't as much compression as when it is goin towards TDC. not sure but it makes sense.

yeah, that could be possible, or the ignition isn't fired up yet maybe?

Yep, i'm skinny. I've been training for racing lately. So I should be gaining more muscle, and losing some fat, and therefore puting on a pound or two
I just weighed in at 141lbs :p