PDA

View Full Version : 250r motor mount

ESR250R
04-12-2003, 12:59 PM
i have a race tomarrow and the front motor mount that john arens forgot and then i called him about it and he said that he would send me out one bare. well he said he sent it tuesday and its now saturday and i havent seen it (supposed to be here thursday). is there any way i can race if not race atleast ride the quad around and try not to jump too much. i have the bottom two bolts in and and head stay is mounted but i need to know if i can race or ride it.

Merriman
04-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Personally I wouldn't. But i hav a friend that rode for 2 years before he noticed he was missing a front motor mount, the other broken, head stay broken, and the rear loose. So I guess you could, his wroked fine.:eek2:

airheadedduner
04-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Could you rig one up?? The aren's is a fairly simple set-up. I built my own stock R front mounts, got tired of them breakin and costing me $18 a peice. May not sould like month but I went through 8 of them in 5 months.

CHAUNCY
04-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Could you rig one up?? The aren's is a fairly simple set-up. I built my own stock R front mounts, got tired of them breakin and costing me $18 a peice. May not sould like month but I went through 8 of them in 5 months.

You went though 8 in 5 months:eek:
Did you crash alot ???

airheadedduner
04-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
You went though 8 in 5 months:eek:
Did you crash alot ???

:p
I guess you could say that. I totaled my spare frame last year too. My steering stem right now is twisted. Guess thats what happens when things go wrong skipping ponds WFO in 5th. Bottoming my suspension all the time don't help either. And I just found when putting my R back together today that my counter balencer was about 90 degrees off. Guess a lot of things contributed to it.

CHAUNCY
04-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
:p
I guess you could say that. I totaled my spare frame last year too. My steering stem right now is twisted. Guess thats what happens when things go wrong skipping ponds WFO in 5th. Bottoming my suspension all the time don't help either. And I just found when putting my R back together today that my counter balencer was about 90 degrees off. Guess a lot of things contributed to it.

LOL:p
Those might have contributed to it just a tad