PDA

View Full Version : i cant get my bearings out

99400ex
04-12-2003, 12:41 PM
im in the process of changeing my axle bearings. Ive gotthe carrier out but i cant get the bearings out. im not even positive how your supoosed to take them out. Can you hit one side and push them out or arew they held in somehow? any help would be aprreciated.

Mxbubs
04-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Spray oil on one end of the bearings, stand it up and let it sit a while. Turn it over and do the same thing. If you have a vise, put it in a vice, and get a long flat head screwdrive, a big hammer, and beat them out. I get mine out like this most of the time. If you dont have a vise, put it on concrete and beat it out. Once it gets down to the concrete, i.e. almost out, you should be able to pick it up and hold it and knock it the rest of the way out. If that doesnt work, get someone to weld a piece of bar or something across the inner race and hit on it.

BADTRX400EX01
04-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Go over to the FAQ forum, it says to put the carrier and all (minus seals, and any other rubber, of course) into the oven @ 250 degrees and the bearings will fall out.

Glamis400ex
04-12-2003, 05:16 PM
The oven trick works....250 degrees for 20 minutes or so...tap them out.

At the same time freeze your new bearings for and hour or so, then drive them squarely with a block of wood...works every time.

Glamis

OutlawEX
04-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Yo man i wish ya luck,they are a pain to get out:blah