PDA

View Full Version : put my big gun on today

ex kid
04-12-2003, 11:17 AM
two weeks ago i ordered my big gun full system exhaust and kn jet kit from team factory racing in michigan because after calling numerous dealers they were cheapest. when i got it it was not pakeged right and i was not happy becasue it had all sorts of scuffs from team factory but...they can be cleaned up. then i go to put the pipe on and the header rubed the head where the silencer connected to the head pipe so rather than bic* at big gun i took it to a muffler shop and the dude bent it real quick for free. after that the pipe fit great and doesn't rub my holeshots like the stock system. i put a 106 main jet and turned the air/feul mix out 2 and 1/2 turns for now and the bike runs almost perfect, a little more tweaking and i'll have it. this pipe gave the bike alot more power tho i can idle around in 3rd and shift while climin hills and hit our 20 foot double with less room to take off. the one downfall to this pipe is that it is LOUD really loud even with the "spark arrestor" it does nothing. overall i give it two thumbs up

OutlawEX
04-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Thats sweet man,i had a BG on my Ex and it rocked..But UPS literally throws their boxes..I just went for an tour and i was shocked how they handled their stuff:eek2:

FastHonda400ex
04-12-2003, 07:31 PM
I got a Big Gun Race series pipe for my 400ex from jmoney45 and it was in awesome condition. I installed an EHS Racing airbox lid cover and rejetted the carb with a DJ165 main jet. It runs really good, but I think I need to do a plug check and fine tune the jetting a little more. I got the quiet core as well as the race core with it, but the quiet core sounds good-not too loud but not quiet. I'm gonna put the race core in it to see how loud it is. Overall I like the Big Gun pipe for the money.

zfire_28
04-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Thats sweet man,i had a BG on my Ex and it rocked..But UPS literally throws their boxes..I just went for an tour and i was shocked how they handled their stuff:eek2:
don't tell me that:eek: :eek: :eek: .................UPS is supposed to drop off my elkas Monday.

ex kid
04-13-2003, 03:49 AM
dude if i were you i would leave the quiet core if your riding in the woods becasue the think is really loud. i either have to see if big gun makes a quiet core for my pipe or switch to the stocker when i practice and use the big gun when i race or go somewhere else.

wheeltrax
04-13-2003, 03:51 AM
hopefully they dont damage those elkas! i have seen the usps do some crazy stuff with there mail too, we pay .37 and it cant get somewhere without getting ripped, torn, look like its been through war and back.

jmoney45
04-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by FastHonda400ex
I got a Big Gun Race series pipe for my 400ex from jmoney45 and it was in awesome condition. I installed an EHS Racing airbox lid cover and rejetted the carb with a DJ165 main jet. It runs really good, but I think I need to do a plug check and fine tune the jetting a little more. I got the quiet core as well as the race core with it, but the quiet core sounds good-not too loud but not quiet. I'm gonna put the race core in it to see how loud it is. Overall I like the Big Gun pipe for the money.

Yeah, that jmoney45 really knows his stuff...lol
I'm glad you like the pipe. It has a real nice sound to it. A guy brought over a brand spankin new CRF450 bike yesterday and it had a big gun on it. Holy crap that thing was loud. I mean when he got into it you couldn't hear yourself talk. It was much louder than my 400 was with the big gun. I couldn't believe the power of this thing either. He was doing wheelies in any gear. That motor really rips.

White_Knuckles
04-13-2003, 06:30 AM
EXkid, are you having the classic backfire on throttle let-off? Also is the 106 main a Keihin or Dyno/K&N? That sounds a little fat for average going up to 110. Procircuit told me not to exceed 102 for under 3000ft with their T-4. I'm researching different results tied to a backfiring cure.

I may soon have a fix with pilot and needle position tweaks. I'm at a 98 main, T-4 and a UNI with the airbox lid on but the snorkle inlet opened up. Still rich and popping on quick throttle release.

ex kid
04-13-2003, 10:57 AM
i dont think it's a keihn jet i think it's a kn/dyno. yea i still have to tweak it a little. big gun says to change the piolet nad i havn't done that yet casue my 50 dollar jet kit didn't come with one! i may order a pack tho. yea it's only deaccelorating. i'm not worried. i did find out big ugn makes a quiet core for my pipe so it looks like i will buy that.