PDA

View Full Version : works shocks

fasterz
04-12-2003, 11:06 AM
can ya post pics of ur works shocks and give me a lil review of how they prefrom on an mx track. thanks

416exmx
04-12-2003, 03:25 PM
if you are going from stock shocks to works then they are great. its what i had then went works pro-series then all zps tcs, and now run all elka. if you dont plan on doing much mx or just small tracks then they are good. like everyone else will tell you if you really want to compete and want the best performance you are going to have to fork out the big bucks for some real shocks.

Juggalo
04-12-2003, 06:30 PM
i love my works shocks and i jump higher than most of the guys who use the better brands and their holdin up just fine. i am planning to make the switch tho so my works are for sale. PM me if your interested.

04-13-2003, 04:11 AM
I used works shocks for 2 years racin MX and they worked just fine..make sure to tell the place you buy them from all the details about yourself and your riding style..

fasterz
04-13-2003, 05:05 AM
well im deffinatly goin wit the works. i was gonna get elka but its just too much money for a 16 yr old that works at mcdonalds. that few hundred dollars save will go towards my aarms and axle. also should i get them set up for +2 arms or for stock cause i will be getting arms in a few months

anywhereEx
04-13-2003, 05:17 AM
Well if you plan on buying them new talk to the site sponsor's they have pretty good prices on them....And shipping is usually pretty fast

AtvMxRider
04-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by fasterz
well im deffinatly goin wit the works. i was gonna get elka but its just too much money for a 16 yr old that works at mcdonalds. that few hundred dollars save will go towards my aarms and axle. also should i get them set up for +2 arms or for stock cause i will be getting arms in a few months

If you know you are getting a-arms in a few eeks then get them set up for the new arms.

Rip_Tear
04-13-2003, 11:29 AM
I have a question, for those of you who are upgrading from the standard works to Elka or other, why are you?

OutlawEX
04-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I have a question, for those of you who are upgrading from the standard works to Elka or other, why are you?

The reason is because works only offers a small selection of set up's...Most companies such as Elka,TCs,Axis and of course pep make tons of differnt variatons of set ups,such as ZPS,Limited mass,ssd,quadrates and many more.Alot of the bigger companies specialize more into your riding style for what ever that is.Works does that too,but they just give u ur type they dont really get into zeroing in right on for which ur style is,even tho they try their best...Works has tripple rates,dual rates and Pro series that are the best works make..All the other companies come just regular as Works best shock set up,IMO;)