PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Problems

Rip_Tear
04-12-2003, 10:14 AM
Well I am trying to get my carrier out, I still have to take the inner and outter lock nuts off, I know they are left hand threaded and all, but I can barely get them to budge... I sprayed them with WD-40 but they are still being a bugger, any suggestions?

Thanks!

04-12-2003, 11:13 AM
try liquid wrench and a really long wrench. u need all the leverage u can get

jmoney45
04-12-2003, 01:45 PM
I know what you mean. I just changed mine this week and I had to use a big pipe wrench and put all my 200 lbs. into it. One thing I would suggest is switching to a lonestar or comparable anti fade locknut. It went on much easier and with the pinch bolt it was a snap to snug up.

Rip_Tear
04-13-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the idea's! I am getting some proper wrenchs tomorrow, hopefully :D

About how much for a "anti fade locknut" I am strapped for cash... Paying for school sucks right now... It will be better next year (I would of had the money for it this year but I bought the 400ex and some other stuff with the money I had...)

jmoney45
04-13-2003, 02:19 PM
I found mine on ebay brand new for $199. It is actually a locknut/brake hub combo which is why it is a little more. I know there are companies who make aftermarket locknuts that are much cheaper, but much better than stock. I think meszmoto does, but I haven't seen it. Maybe someone else here has.