PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Hooking up these Lights

kc 300EX
04-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Alright, I bought some aftermarket fog lights to put on my quad, and theyre not that hard to hook up. But the directions want them to go directly to the battery, and it has this really cheese non-waterproof switch.......Soooo, I want to know how I can hook these up to my stock wiring, and use my stock light switch if possible........

there are 2 small fog lights, each have a white wire and a black wire, the black wires get hooked together, then are grounded.
The white wires hook together then go to the switch. the switch also has a black wire that is grounded. the switch then has a red wire wich goes to the battery, also containing a fuse.

So, there are 3 wires on the switch, red-goes to the battery
white-goes to the lights
black-gets grounded

I need directions how to hook these up to my stock 300EX wiring so I dont have to connect it to the battery or use their cheesy switch.

Anyone who can help me please do! Any help is appreciated. Thanx

mod300ex
04-12-2003, 09:11 AM
i got dif light for my 300ex from advansed auto for 20 bucks (look great and very bright)and u have mounthed them on my stem/// for the wires i just cut my stock thing off that goes into ur stock light and just twist the wires together and electrical tape them..if u under stand what i just said....lol hope i helped

kc 300EX
04-12-2003, 04:30 PM
ahhh, lol, ok that makes some sense.......but wich wires to I attach to which wires?? Ill go take a look and see what I come up with, thanx