PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, its april Vacation!

300EXrider02
04-12-2003, 08:11 AM
I have some big problems with my Carb I think...I have a 300ex, and it bogs out or chokes, hesitates horribly from starting throttle to 1/2 throttle, So it makes it impossible to ride, it is horrible, I havent rode it in 2 weeks, and it just sits on the porch, i now have an apointment with my dealer to have it fixed but not till friday and my riding time will be over, please help me out, i have tried so many things and nothing and I mean nothing has worked, it almost sounds as if the choke is on! and I do not know what to do now, it seems as if it is starving for gas, but i repeat i have tried everything

Brad
04-12-2003, 09:32 AM
is it jetted right? is the choke on? did u switch the gas to the on position or from the reserve position? do u have gas? are your needles on wrong? the choke is so hard to get to on a 300EX its annoying

300EXrider02
04-12-2003, 02:13 PM
trust me man, I am smarter than that, all that stuff is done, anyone else got any ideas?

stocktires
04-12-2003, 02:29 PM
New spark plug!
When a problem like this just happens out of the blue, Change the spark plug, clean the filter, new motor oil, ect ect.
The choke on the 300ex is a real pain in the arse! Make COMPLETELY sure its off, I had this problem when I first got mine (i was 12) and I could have sworn the choke was off......but it wasn't

zoom400ex
04-13-2003, 12:54 AM
This same thing happened to me when i rejetted my 400 only it was on my top end over half throttle. i took my carb apart to find that my main jet had unscrewed itself...................mayebt he same thing happened to your pilot.....................let us know

KrazyKid300ex
04-13-2003, 04:18 AM
MY f****** POS honda is running like chit. i have it jetted with the pipe and the god damn thing skips. tried idle screw,pilot jet and now it won't go full throttle when i have it down. god damn jap POS. Me and my dad are so pissed we are thinking of getting rid of it. i mean when i slammed the throttle it bogand ppicked up. sometimes it bogged and died?? we knoe what we were doing and still. MY dealer is a bunch of retards at times and i think they screwed my twice by not adjusting the valves. i didn't pay 150 for service i didn't get. im going to call them tomorrow and kill them. im tired of this honda300ex right now

300EXrider02
04-13-2003, 04:50 AM
alright guys, I changed oil, spark plug, check the choke, the carb is in my hand, i know the choke is off:p , and the pilot and main are tight, and not blocked, i tried taking the filter off and everything, nothing has worked, please give me more advice

justin, seems your running really fat, do a plug read man, if it is black your running way rich, and that is your problem

stocktires
04-13-2003, 05:44 AM
carb cleaning?
Wiggle all your ignition wirse around, because My 300ex has a connection in the ignition somewhere that'll act up sometimes and make it run like shiznit.
I hear ya on being tired of this 300ex krazy

KrazyKid300ex
04-13-2003, 10:50 AM
yea checked plug... its not getting enough gas. my dads friend is trying and it still won't go full throttle when i ride it?? any suggestions? ima going back to stock soon cuz this is f******* pisssing me off. sorry for language im sorta pissed

300EXrider02
04-14-2003, 04:28 AM
did you turn your fuel screw 3 turns out, when seated?

anyone have anything other sudgestions for me? form starting throttle to mid throttle it hesitates, chokes, and sucks, but then form mid or so on to full, it does fine....? please help

stocktires
04-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
did you turn your fuel screw 3 turns out, when seated?

anyone have anything other sudgestions for me? form starting throttle to mid throttle it hesitates, chokes, and sucks, but then form mid or so on to full, it does fine....? please help

Then your main jet is fine

300EXrider02
04-14-2003, 04:25 PM
I would like to thank you stock tires for helping me this much, even though nothing is working:(

i even put it all back together with doing adjustments and still nothing, o well i guess i will have to wait

stocktires
04-15-2003, 12:44 AM
Now that I have about 5 minutes of free time...

No problem bro, Im just here to help, Many of us have been where you are and I know its extremely frustrating!

So since your main is fine...

Have you done a plug check?
Can you possibly tell me exactly where in the throttle that the quad isnt running right?
lmk and I'll try to help as much as I can

300EXrider02
04-15-2003, 03:34 AM
yes the plug was wet and black, so it was rich, but i changed the main and it didnt do anything but give less power, the quad stutters from about 1/8 throttle to 3/4 throttle i would say, then when it is pinned it goes fine:eek: thanks

KrazyKid300ex
04-15-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
yes the plug was wet and black, so it was rich, but i changed the main and it didnt do anything but give less power, the quad stutters from about 1/8 throttle to 3/4 throttle i would say, then when it is pinned it goes fine:eek: thanks

my throttle is opposite

sickyellow400ex
04-27-2003, 03:00 PM
check your valves my friends 300 did that until he adjusted his valves