PDA

View Full Version : AUTOBODY "CAR" PAINT ON QUAD FRAME?...need data.

"BLAHH"300!!
04-12-2003, 03:23 AM
sup'...
got a freind in autobody mechanics. say's he can paint my frame in pretty much any color i want, and charge somewhere around $50.00 plus the return shipping cost.
..he's coming into town today, and will be here all weekend.
..should i send it back with him.?

...i look at it like this..$50, all of us can spend that on a saturday night bar hoppin'..why not waste it on some pretty paint and have fun building at the same time.
. i'll prolly get a responce from someone like..."a waste of time taking the bike apart, just PC it"...well...the bike's almost apart anyway..i've decided to get a local engine builder to do my motor work, and i hope to have the engine dropped off sometime next week..{an ex-band mate's dad, cut me a small deal.}
. if everything goes to plan, i should get both back about the same time..my body parts, {plastic seat bars} are on back order at rockymount...i expect them here next week also.....
...but with my luck....who know's

. i know it's not as strong as PC, but it's stronger than a spray can. i'd like to have PC, but it'll be real convenient, and alot cheeper to let him do it....i've seen his work, looks good. ghost flames and stuff like that come out nice on his cars....

( COLOR'S ) help me pick 2 or more hi-light color's
. (SILVER plastic, BLUE seat, WHITE bars, BLUE/BLACK grips)

. I'm thinking....

MOTHER OF PEARL-(kinda..white flip-flop paint, i guess )
. frame,...........?..and...
ELECTRIC BLUE-
. swinger, hubs, M'mounts, upper a-arms, steer stem, metal oil line....?..and..

the pearl can either shift sublte or extreme. (mid-extreme)
..i'd like him to focuse on the purple's, and the blueish green's in the pearl..
should i do only the frame in this?....i think so...

what i mean by electric blue, is something like PAPPY'S blue, or like you'd see on a blue "MAG-LITE" flashlight.

A-ARMS
....ahight, i'd like the upper and lower arms to be differnat color's, or atleast differant shades. also i'll want a darker color on bottom.
darker seams heavier..psycological thing.

what other small parts should i paint, things like the metal oil line, paint it the blue color bring it out, or some other trick color.
. idea....you know the brakets that hold the plastic on...hehe...
..paint em' too...no-one will see em' unless they look close, and then they'll either say..."he did a good job," or "what a dumbass"

i'm going to leave the case's just like they are. i'm too lazy to polish, and seams like paint would hold in heat.

COLOR'S so far.
..WHITE,
..BLUE
..SILVER
..PURPLE..in frame paint
..TREQUOISE (green/blue)..in frame paint.

I think it would look pretty trick to have the brake calliper's painted...i'm too lazy to polish, wet conditions will dull them anyway. what about a titanium looking black color?
(you know black, but reflects silver)

man..throw a legasey graphix kit that...

i don't have any graphix picked yet. but.
i've always like the "Troy Lee flaming dragons" ( i think there helmut sticker's though.
but then that's just a sticker. i want it to look like it's moving sitting still like the blue ceet? contra banshee graphix, or the legasy kit for white plastic on 400's.
i also have 2 evil joker heads that i plan to put under the rear fender's.,,so you see em' from the rear. there's: green, purple, blue, red, yellow, white and skin color in them...

i'm ranting...sorry ya'll..
...but there is a way to bleed all these color's onto this bike without making it look like a crayon factory blew up. i just need a few idea's of where to paint what, what color.

04-12-2003, 04:03 AM
do it, i ahd my a-arms done and its great, make sure the guy preps your frame right, i did it to my a-arms and its holding up almost like PC

nj300exr
04-13-2003, 08:37 AM
im doing it now, i am just goin black frame but... anyway the guy doin my ine is doin it for free cuz he rents his warehouse space from my dad but anyway, he pointed something out to me, a good pcer will charge you at leasrt 2oo for a just a frame, plus strippin and prepping, then if it scratches or chips, well you cant just fix it, now gettin it sprayed, you put 6 coats of your color and 4 clear coats first off it isnt gonna chip or scratch and secondly if you do you can just re spray it. so just some food for thought

"BLAHH"300!!
04-13-2003, 01:09 PM
man what a post. :huh :rolleyes:
i don't even remember writing this.
it's all true, but man....i wrote EVERYTHING
kinda embarassed...sorry ya'll.

and hey....thanx for the info,

if you look, there's a black aluminum disk, with hole's in it on the inside, and outside of the front rims. i think it's a mud guard or something. i think i'll do those, and the read hubs in a kawi-green color, and do the front hubs in the blue...i might only do the one's on the inside, and the rear hubs...i don't know yet..
whad' do you think

ridered03
04-13-2003, 03:18 PM
does anybody have a pic of their stuff painted with auto paint??

TRX300X
04-13-2003, 04:11 PM
My 300X frame and A-Arms and Swingarm done with automotive paint (http://www.geocities.com/stoaste/quadpics.html)