PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Fire?

heavy_d
04-12-2003, 01:15 AM
Two of our atvs do this my Quadsport and my brother's 250x, when were racing as he comes into a corner and lets off the gas you'll see fire coming out the pipe or when you just rev them up and let go quick it blows fire, are they running too lean? they seem to run great though

sweet300ex
04-12-2003, 01:18 AM
its probably just becuase you both have DG's and the might not have spark arrestors

heavy_d
04-12-2003, 01:20 AM
my quadsport has Cobra

04-12-2003, 01:40 AM
thats a cool thing :devil more over a ricer thing but its cool!

I wish my dirtbike did that when i gased it :(

sweet300ex
04-12-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by heavy_d
my quadsport has Cobra

they dont have spark arrestors either i dont think, if theres no spark arrstor it will blow flames, its not anything bad

Nausty
04-12-2003, 05:55 AM
lol, kinda ot but I just wanna share this story.

I was at a race in cedar rapids and we were all getting lined up and ready to stage. We staged length wise and there was a lot of groups in front of us and it was just practice the guy in front of me had is motor on and was constantly revving it and giving it tons of gas and I was starting to get mad because all the fumes I was breathing to then see the guy really gas it and stick his hand behind the exhaust and then I hear this huge POP and see flames shooting around his hand. lol, I thought that was pretty funny when that happened.

CHAUNCY
04-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Nausty

I was at a race in cedar rapids and we were all getting lined up and ready to stage. We staged length wise and there was a lot of groups in front of us and it was just practice the guy in front of me had is motor on and was constantly revving it and giving it tons of gas and I was starting to get mad because all the fumes I was breathing to then see the guy really gas it and stick his hand behind the exhaust and then I hear this huge POP and see flames shooting around his hand. lol, I thought that was pretty funny when that happened.

LOL
Did his hand catch on fire ???

Glow Plug
04-12-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Nausty

lmao

was he ok in the end? lol

Nausty
04-12-2003, 06:21 AM
I dunno, it seemed like it must of hurt as fast as he pulled it back and when he was shaking his hand back and fourth.

Instinctz
04-12-2003, 06:39 AM
lmao Nausty, I would have fell off my quad laughing right then and their.

Rip_Tear
04-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Thats bad, and good (for looks...) I want to get a quad and build it to do it, put a sparker on the back, have it run on alcohol for the blue flame! I think it would be sweet!

heavy_d
04-13-2003, 02:04 AM
i get blue flames with my quadsport when i rev it up higher