PDA

View Full Version : trainning program?????

dj416
04-11-2003, 03:57 PM
i'm wanting to start racing pretty soon, i'm a pretty good rider and can run with most people on a track or the woods, only problem is i'm not in good enogh sape to run a race at 100% i want to start up some kind of taing program to help get in shape and just wanted to hear what other people do to stay in good shape for the race track

ridered86
04-11-2003, 03:59 PM
get your fat arse to the gym...j/k, start running i think that is the best training besides...um...riding;)

AZblaster44
04-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Lift during off season to build muscle but dont get huge (unless you want to)

light lifting during the season to keep toned

I usually spend about 1/2 hour on a stationary bike every night as well, but i have been recovering from an injury and havent been able to condition(running, nike ect...) I'll post a thing about thids from another site in a few

AZblaster44
04-11-2003, 04:32 PM
1Remember the principal of selecting an "off season" routine where the strength building takes place. The "in season" routine is for maintainence of what you've aquired in the off season.

Weight training for MX is very different from other sports. Emphasis must be placed on endurance and strength, NOT BULK.

Also, you must train the connective tissues to support the added muscle. A quick reflex in the over developed quad can lead to serious connective tissue injuries of the knee if these tissue where not properly trained.

CIRCUIT training is best. A good beginner program can include weight training five days a week. Scheduled in two blocks of (1) Upper body and (2) Lower body. A typical schedule is as follows:

Monday - Wednesday - Friday = Lower body
Tuesday - Thursday = Upper body
SAT & SUN = vacant for race days or recovery
Abs & Back = 3-4 days a week or more
(Riding days Wed, Fri, Sat (and or)Sun)

Upper body training days should opposite to riding days. Lower leg days are OK for riding days. The reason that there are only 2 upper body days is that you will get a significant workout on the upper body when riding.

CARDIO can be worked in on any of these days at least 3-4 times week.

FLEXIBILITY MUST BE DONE DAILY TO
-Reduce bulkiness
-Improve stretching and flexibility
-Relieve lactic acid build up.
-----If you do not stretch with the weight training program you will inhibit your results and progress. A 15-20 stretching routine is all you need. Hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds and then try to go deeper.

FIVE WEEK PROGRESSION FOR BEGINNING WEIGHT TRAINING:

WEEK 1: 60% OF MAX WEIGHT 15-30 REPS 4 SETS
WEEK 2: 70% OF MAX WEIGHT 15-25 REPS 4 SETS
WEEK 3 80% OF MAX WEIGHT 10-20 REPS 4 SETS
WEEK 4 90% OF MAX WEIGHT 10-15 REPS 4 SETS
WEEK 5 100%OF MAX WEIGHT 5-10 REPS 4 SETS

WEEK 1: 1 EXERCISE FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE
WEEK 2: 2 EXERCISES FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE
WEEK 3: 3 EXERCISES FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE
WEEK 4: 4 EXERCISES FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE
WEEK 5: 4 EXERCISES FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE

This progression is designed to introduce the weight training in a pyramid. Ease the body into the routine. While at 60% you may not feel like you are doing much....you are conditioning the structures and laying foundation for the heavier, more strenuous workouts. This progression will decrease lactic build up, reduce weight training injuries, and keep you motivated through a gentle introduction.

If you hit the weights and can't move the next day.....you are going too hard too fast!! Patience!!

Remember for the best finess program, you need to include diet, nutrition, rest/rehab, riding, and mental prep.

This program will get you CUT, improve your ENDURANCE, and give you STRENGTH without compromising your riding!! Give it a try and tell us about your success stories!

nojoke4stroke
04-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by AZblaster44
1Remember the principal of selecting an "off season" routine where the strength building takes place. The "in season" routine is for maintainence of what you've aquired in the off season.

Weight training for MX is very different from other sports. Emphasis must be placed on endurance and strength, NOT BULK.

Also, you must train the connective tissues to support the added muscle. A quick reflex in the over developed quad can lead to serious connective tissue injuries of the knee if these tissue where not properly trained.

CIRCUIT training is best. A good beginner program can include weight training five days a week. Scheduled in two blocks of (1) Upper body and (2) Lower body. A typical schedule is as follows:

Monday - Wednesday - Friday = Lower body
Tuesday - Thursday = Upper body
SAT & SUN = vacant for race days or recovery
Abs & Back = 3-4 days a week or more
(Riding days Wed, Fri, Sat (and or)Sun)

Upper body training days should opposite to riding days. Lower leg days are OK for riding days. The reason that there are only 2 upper body days is that you will get a significant workout on the upper body when riding.

CARDIO can be worked in on any of these days at least 3-4 times week.

FLEXIBILITY MUST BE DONE DAILY TO
-Reduce bulkiness
-Improve stretching and flexibility
-Relieve lactic acid build up.
-----If you do not stretch with the weight training program you will inhibit your results and progress. A 15-20 stretching routine is all you need. Hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds and then try to go deeper.

FIVE WEEK PROGRESSION FOR BEGINNING WEIGHT TRAINING:

WEEK 1: 60% OF MAX WEIGHT 15-30 REPS 4 SETS
WEEK 2: 70% OF MAX WEIGHT 15-25 REPS 4 SETS
WEEK 3 80% OF MAX WEIGHT 10-20 REPS 4 SETS
WEEK 4 90% OF MAX WEIGHT 10-15 REPS 4 SETS
WEEK 5 100%OF MAX WEIGHT 5-10 REPS 4 SETS

WEEK 1: 1 EXERCISE FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE
WEEK 2: 2 EXERCISES FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE
WEEK 3: 3 EXERCISES FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE
WEEK 4: 4 EXERCISES FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE
WEEK 5: 4 EXERCISES FOR EACH SPECIFIC MUSCLE

This progression is designed to introduce the weight training in a pyramid. Ease the body into the routine. While at 60% you may not feel like you are doing much....you are conditioning the structures and laying foundation for the heavier, more strenuous workouts. This progression will decrease lactic build up, reduce weight training injuries, and keep you motivated through a gentle introduction.

If you hit the weights and can't move the next day.....you are going too hard too fast!! Patience!!

Remember for the best finess program, you need to include diet, nutrition, rest/rehab, riding, and mental prep.

This program will get you CUT, improve your ENDURANCE, and give you STRENGTH without compromising your riding!! Give it a try and tell us about your success stories!

all i have to say to that is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.i say train your mind,get yourself a decent hardworking job,never question your potential and dont ever lose sight of your dream.you just have to know it and want it.you can ask all the questions you want and get more answers than you ever thought but it all comes down to your priorities.

YLW400
04-11-2003, 05:54 PM
I prefer to drink beer and eat cold pizza all week :ermm: :D

nojoke4stroke
04-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by YLW400
I prefer to drink beer and eat cold pizza all week :ermm: :D

shots of jameson mixed with warm guinness and cold pizza.............how could you go wrong?

CHAUNCY
04-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by nojoke4stroke
shots of jameson mixed with warm guinness and cold pizza.............how could you go wrong?

You cant. With that training its like having the trophy on the shelf already.

nojoke4stroke
04-11-2003, 06:07 PM
youre a smart man

CHAUNCY
04-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by nojoke4stroke
youre a smart man

My momma didnt raise no fool. Thats the same training program I use to win my trophies except sometimes I microwave the pizza and have a side of ranch as dip.

nojoke4stroke
04-11-2003, 06:14 PM
roflmao,no doubt man.........when it comes down to it,,,,,,its all about the ranch dressing.

Nausty
04-12-2003, 05:51 AM
Don't drink pop, only eat healthy foods, stay active and drink lots of water and I spose taking a multi-vitamin wouldn't hurt either. I do all that stuff plus lifting weights, running and stretching and after doing that for a while. I feel lighter, more confident, stronger and just plain healthier.

Quad18star
05-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Bringing this one back from the dead ..... I've been riding pretty hard at the track for a few weeks now , putting in about 20 hours ride time in the last 4 days .... and just by riding I've noticed a difference in my endurance and such , but still need LOTS of improvements . What kind of workout are some of the top riders doing , besides riding everyday ??? Lets hear your training routine besides the cold pizza and beer routine cuz I've got that one down pretty god now ;)

Stock 400 rider
12-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Bringing this one back from the dead ..... I've been riding pretty hard at the track for a few weeks now , putting in about 20 hours ride time in the last 4 days .... and just by riding I've noticed a difference in my endurance and such , but still need LOTS of improvements . What kind of workout are some of the top riders doing , besides riding everyday ??? Lets hear your training routine besides the cold pizza and beer routine cuz I've got that one down pretty god now ;)

I totally agree.

I felt really sad cause I was training hard, going to the gym everyday and nothing was working.

Now that I forgot about lifting weight I can ride for a long time at the track, I've never been in better shape.

When I used to work out I coudn't ride for 5 minutes cause I got arm pump now I ride two 30 min motos easily.

IMO it's all about SEAT TIME.

trx400exxracer
12-10-2005, 08:46 PM
CARDIO is the main word in your situation

here is what you need to do get a decent road bike that you would be able to afford but still is an alright bike

and then I would buy a trainer for your bike and

for 20 minutes a time two times a day three or more days a week or just once a day six days a week

for the first ten minutes go normal speed and then the next five minures step it up a little and then the last five minutes just go as fast as you can

continue to do this and gradually step up the time

and also go on some refreshing night rides in a friendly neighborhood

and for upper body strenghth I would reccomend usung your body weight like doing push-ups and pull-ups and hitting the punching bag

what is your name i might know you I am from GA also