PDA

View Full Version : price for a Durablue/Lonestar axel??

kid300ex
12-20-2001, 05:38 PM
Anyone now the cheapeist place to get an axel for a 300ex? I was looking towards a Lonestar but thats alittle pricy, so how bout a durablue? i need the cheapest price and place.

Quadracer5
12-20-2001, 06:01 PM
Most places carry the lonestar and durablue lifetime warranty axles for around $400. You can get them from any dealer or aftermarket company. Durablue makes a heavy duty axle in the $280 range also. Then there's always the stocker, lol.

Kyle

Tommy 17
12-20-2001, 06:08 PM
denton racing has them for 330 thats teh lsr excalibar...

Foxrage
12-20-2001, 06:10 PM
290 for the eliminator from moto man.

Dave400ex
12-20-2001, 06:13 PM
Moto Man is the cheapest I`ve seen for a Durablue axle. I would get a Lonestar though. $330 is a good price.

Guy400
12-20-2001, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Moto Man is the cheapest I`ve seen for a Durablue axle. I would get a Lonestar though. $330 is a good price. Ditto

Got my LSR Axcalibur for $330 from www.quadshopatv.com

400exRacerX
12-20-2001, 08:14 PM
I got my lsr for 369.99 from the local dealer.

400MXer
12-20-2001, 09:28 PM
Whatever you do, i would stay away from the durablue. I have seen, and heard to many of them breaking to even chance it. Also, LSR and RPM axle have a TRUE lifetime warrenty. Unlike durablue. Personally i like RPM axles, great quality and durability, but if LSR is your other option, i would definetly go with that!

leel
12-21-2001, 07:19 AM
The stock axle is about $245 at www.servicehonda.com .

Good luck,
Lorrin

12-21-2001, 09:38 AM
Well I hardly believe this guys gonna brake a durablue axle,,if he's a trail rider...the only time I hear of durablue axles braking or bending is from landing large jumps,,,not hammerin down a trail and the dang thing snaps. I use a durablue and it's worked perfect and if it does brake or bend,,,I'll get a new one,,and I don't plan on having a hard time with getting a new one..they plainly state it will be replaced. Guys they can't advertise a warranty and then not back it up,,,if so they wouldn't be in business,,,it's called false advertisement..BBB would shut them down...AC racing made me buy a new hardware kit for my skid plate because I stripped out a few screws,,that's my fault. But when I bent my propeg's there sending me a new set for free and they don't claim any warranty for there products..So I guess if ya call durablue and give em a ton of crap over the phone and act like a child,,monin and grownin and raisin hell. Then I would give ya a hard way to go also if I worked for them. I guess if mine gives me problems and they don't wanna replace it then I'll change my veiw toward there products but for now,,,I'll recommend durablue axles to anyone. Anyone that has seen a durablue axle bend or brake from just riding please reply,,,,if you seen it happen from jumpin then dont' reply. :D :D Sorry to rant and rave but when it comes to someone asking advise on axle,,it's always durablue is junk don't buy it...well so are alot of products out there then,,lonestar products are very prone to braking, bending,,ball joints snapping but you never hear anyone say dont' buy it..

IF anyone that reads this post has broken or bent a durablue axle please respond,,,not a friend of a frient broke it or I was at a track and seen one brake,,did YOU brake an axle..I just wanna see how many members out here have snapped a durablue axles and get a good idea..thanks fellers.:D :D

remember most people asking for advise out here are not big time ATV MX racers,,catching big air every other day..there your normal everyday weekend warrior,,,lookin for advise.

I'm not sayin durablue is the best either,,my first choice was a LSR then I seen the durablue was $50 cheaper and offered the same warranty so that's what made up my mind...I'd really like to have one of them RPM titanium ones....sweeeeeet..:)

Also while I'm typing a book up,,,does anyone know how long lonestar has been making axles and how long durablue has been making axles???? I don't but I would like to know..

kid300ex
12-21-2001, 11:15 AM
Your right Rico,

I ride trails 90% of the time, then the rest I might take a run around the MotoCross Track, But this is only like 7-8 ft of air and flying 30ft? but I always bring it down just right (gotta be thankful for the rear brake while flying!) So Durablue just might be the answer........ I would love going with a Lonestar but I dont think dad wants to put out that much money for it

Guy400
12-21-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I'm not sayin durablue is the best either,,my first choice was a LSR then I seen the durablue was $50 cheaper and offered the same warranty so that's what made up my mind...I'd really like to have one of them RPM titanium ones....sweeeeeet..:)Durablue does not offer the same warranty. Durablue's is a ONE TIME replacement for free, if you break it a 2nd time you pay for it. Now, you don't pay full price but you still pay something. In my mind that's not a warranty. RPM and LSR offer full replacement lifetime warranties no matter how many times you break the axle. I might save $50 now to buy the Durablue but I'm risking spending $100, $125, $150 (whatever the sliding Durablue scale dictates) later.

I am in no way anti-Durablue and your chances of breaking the axle are slim to none. But, I like the peace of mind of the LSR warranty. Who knows, maybe the first time I hook a tree and it breaks so LSR replaces it. The 2nd time I'm MX'ing and land wrong and it breaks, once again, LSR replaces it for free. In that scenario you'd be paying for the axle the 2nd time with Durablue. DB is not false advertising, either. When you buy their product and sign that warranty card you agree to all of DB's terms. I can sell any product with an advertised warranty but if I state that the purchaser pays for 99% of repairs in the policy and that purchaser signs it, it's implied that they've read it and agreed to it. I've just sold a warranty without breaking any laws, written or implied.

Once again, nothing against Durablue and I don't think they're junk. But, given a choice I'd recommend LSR or RPM for the better warranty.

12-21-2001, 03:28 PM
Guy I knew you was gonna jump all over this one..;)

Well when I purchased the durablue I wasn't aware at the time that they had the brake it once, will cover it, brake it twice well shame on ya policy.

I was aware of there policy at the time of this post,,,and also LSR has been making axles for 6 years I emailed them and thats what they responded..I'll post what durablue says when I hear back if I do...and hopefully I won't go thru 2 or 3 axles in my riding career....anywho,,Guy have a great christmas dude.:)

Guy400
12-21-2001, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Rico
hopefully I won't go thru 2 or 3 axles in my riding career....anywho,,Guy have a great christmas dude.:) I pray that nobody would have to go through 2 or 3 axles in their career. Thanks for the well wishes, I just can't wait to tear into the box that's hiding my GYT-R front bumper that my wife denies buying:D Anyway, you have a great Christmas yourself! Maybe your wife/girlfriend or both, I don't know, will get you the RPM titanium and then we can put this topic to bed:)Have a good holiday:)

trx400ex
12-21-2001, 04:28 PM
hey, i just like to throw in a few coments, i have a durablue and ride mx alot, i dont race, but will next year. i dont think i could ever break a durablue. ive never seen any axle break firsthand, but i saw a lonestar bend on a race 440 with burgartd aarms;) .....if you are really concened about brEAKAGE GET THE X 33 DURABLUE AXLE (caps accidnently hit) i would buy a lsr or a durablue, to me they are equal, except the x33

Guy400
12-21-2001, 04:46 PM
The X-33 offers no additional strength qualities that aren't already found on the Eliminator. The X-33 only gives you pinned wheel hubs. All the manufacturers axle's are heat treated from high tensile steel so they're all about the same. I don't really think any one axle is much better than the other, it's all about the warranty.

As a side note, go to www.durablue.com and you can read the entire warranty. Also very interesting, go to the warranty page and read the important info about the 400EX, Raptor and Polaris. According to Durablue the EX's "extremely" short swingarm results in virtually no rear suspension travel when landing jumps:huh

trx400ex
12-21-2001, 08:01 PM
the x33 is hollow isnt it? everyone that has one says they are physically huge. i think they would be stronger. oh well even if they arent they are supposed to be one of the lightest. in the warrany it says after the 1st you pay 175$ for every axle after that, AND you can upgrade to an x33 the first time for 175 or the second for 175 +175....if mine breaks which i doubt it will, id probably upgrade to the x33, or get my free one, sell it brand new and use the money to buy and x33 or lsr so i still have warranty,

why do the hubs loosen up so much? i had to tighten both of mine today, they were Very loose.i put a bunch of loctite on them this time

Dave400ex
12-21-2001, 09:22 PM
I`ve never seen an X-33 axle, but Durablue says it`s the lightest axle made. I`ve heard that they are a lot bigger round. I would still get a Lonestar or RPM axle because of the warranty.

400MXer
12-21-2001, 10:52 PM
My friend bought his quad with an axle on it that was supposodly(spelling) an X-33. When he broke it, it wasn't hollow. A guy at the local track broke his durablue, which was, for sure, an X-33, and it was hollow. SO, who knows. That's why it's so light, it's hollow. I think the X-33 is basically made for TT or flat track racing. I'm not positive of this but. IT makes sense right?

Giz400ex
12-22-2001, 06:24 AM
Well, Maybe I was just lucky I guess because I bought a LSR axle from Denton about 2 months ago for $310.00!! I'm not sure if the pricing is different the 400 and 300.

trx400ex
12-22-2001, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by 400MXer
My friend bought his quad with an axle on it that was supposodly(spelling) an X-33. When he broke it, it wasn't hollow. A guy at the local track broke his durablue, which was, for sure, an X-33, and it was hollow. SO, who knows. That's why it's so light, it's hollow. I think the X-33 is basically made for TT or flat track racing. I'm not positive of this but. IT makes sense right?

its for mx too, i know it is atleast as strong as the eliminator. it is hollow but bigger so it all equals out its very pricey though, its worth it if the hubs never loosen up