PDA

View Full Version : cant figure it out

Fleshwound
04-11-2003, 03:14 PM
this goddang thing wont start...
first the battery was lagging so we charged it...
then it died(we thought)so we put on another one...
then it started making a rapid clicking noise...
then we found that the black wire going to the starter was lose...
so we tried to tighten it and it broke off...
then we put a new one on...
now it doesnt make any noise at all when trying to start...
i cant figure it out...all the electrics are hooked up right!
the battery is fine also...
jesus im gettin ticked...

Big - D Racing
04-11-2003, 03:16 PM
test your coil, spark plug, stator, and cdi. I bet it will be one of those four.

forum
04-11-2003, 03:26 PM
its not cdi, or sprk plug, stator, coil. because the engine would still turn over with any of thesse

Big - D Racing
04-11-2003, 03:31 PM
call ricky stator they'll tell you what it is. I had a problem with mine and I figured out with their help it was my cdi and all it was, was one little wire that pluginto the cdi connecting piece was lose. I worked on it for a week with no luck and threw them I figured it out in less than a hour.

forum
04-11-2003, 03:34 PM
The cdi would not stop the starte from turning over!. the only problem is the starter wont turn over. the cdi controls spark timming, and rev's. that it. the starter would turn over without a cdi or spark plug. atleast it should

White_Knuckles
04-11-2003, 03:52 PM
With a known good battery and the history of "clicking" the solenoid or relay engaged the starter motor for a while. Now no clicks sounds like a failing starter solenoid or a loose ground or the battery (+) supply lead to the starter motor.

Turn on the headlamp hit the starter button and see if it fades or dims. If it does, re-check all connections. If remains bright look at the starter, solenoid parts and circuit. Larger starters use a plunger solenoid to apply high current to the starter with heavy wires. A smaller pilot circuit runs from the starter button press switch to a remote relay or piggyback mounted starter solenoid. Trace the path or get a schematic diagram.

Big - D Racing
04-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Maybe you have a bad starter.if

ridered86
04-11-2003, 04:02 PM
cross the two + wires that go into the solenoid with a screw driver, hit the start button...im not responsible for you if you get electocuded though. id say you just dont have a good charge on the battery.

jerry-89-250R
04-11-2003, 04:02 PM
have you checked the fuse? which end did the wire going too the starter break off?

ridesa02400EX
04-11-2003, 04:29 PM
last time that happened to me my motor was blown but im sure its just an electrical problem:)